Confirmed with Link: Habs Get the 1st Overall Pick!!! Will It Be Shane Wright Like a Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I am still not convinced that Wright is the best #1 Habs could get. He is a "must" pick by any team who who had won this Lottery. But I would had prefer Habs to win #2 or #3. No pressure to pick Wright then, and concentrate on the two or three players that may very well be better overall down the road.
As for myself, I'm even more convince he's the guy to get. Not only does he have the highest floor and he's the best bet at being an impact player... He also has the highest ceiling of all. He's the only one who had generational tag on him... Who played at 15yo the OHL and outproduced McDavid... Dominated the U18 at 16yo. He lost a year of developpement, maybe we should consider this when looking his lat season...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Curious if anyone has asked Wright as to why, he wears # 51? Was our Lil Petite Davide his favorite player? lol
Will have to pick another # when 51 is raised to the rafters, probably too soon to give another Top drafted C #15 as well

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
If we draft him and start him in the NHL, what will be his wingers?

Gallagher?
Drouin?
Hoffman?
Armia?

We’re so f***ing bad on wings. It’s terrible.
It definitely is a need. Maybe it’s Drouin and Anderson?? That’ll get fixed over time. Many high picks have a lot less to work with when they start in the NHL

Pitlick - Suzuki* - Caufield*
Drouin - Wright* - Anderson
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher

It’s not ideal. The asterisk indicate 100%, long term options. Maybe Gallagher and Anderson evolve into that, but less sure than than the 3 asterisks. Needs work but over time that left side can be rebuilt. Pitlick is obviously not 1st line player but need to balance it out to give some players to Wright as well.

Reactions: jaffy27

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Jason Bukala (former director of amateur scouting for the Panthers) thinks the pick should be Cooley:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anderson on the RW
Drouin on the LW

God no.

Drouin shouldn't be allowed to play with Wright, nor speak to him. What a terrible player to be around and play with.

Pitlick-Wright-Gallagher

Pitlick is a playmaking winger with enough two way game and pace to force Wright into playing a higher tempo game. Gallagher can help defensively and take attention to the net.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If we draft him and start him in the NHL, what will be his wingers?

Gallagher?
Drouin?
Hoffman?
Armia?

We’re so f***ing bad on wings. It’s terrible.
With the current roster which I expect to change, here's what I expect to see.

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Wright Hoffman
Pitlick Dvorak Gally
Poehling Evans Armia
Ylonen Pezzetta

Romanov Savard
Edmundson Barron
Harris XXX
(Guhle?)

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Gorton on possibility of Price playing for Habs next season: 'A little early to say'

was trying to track this down, Interview at the end of the season with Gorton jump to 2:10 when the host asks Gorton directly about Wright

"explosive, great shot, 40 goals in the OHL as a 15 year old which is unheard of if he somehow became a hab I think our fans would be excited"

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Wright Hoffman
Pitlick Dvorak Gally
Poehling Evans Armia
Ylonen Pezzetta

Romanov Savard
Edmundson Barron
Harris XXX
(Guhle?)
That defence is more likely going to be
Romanov - Savard
Edmunson - Petry Replacement
2 of Harris, Guhle Barron

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Gorton on possibility of Price playing for Habs next season: 'A little early to say'

was trying to track this down, Interview at the end of the season with Gorton jump to 2:10 when the host asks Gorton directly about Wright

"explosive, great shot, 40 goals in the OHL as a 15 year old which is unheard of if he somehow became a hab I think our fans would be excited"

That defence is more likely going to be
Romanov - Savard
Edmunson - Petry Replacement
2 of Harris, Guhle Barron
I was bouncing around with Edmundson with Petry replacement but after Hughes comments, I don't think it'll be a player of equal quality but rather a vet to help a young player. Hence pairing XXX with a young D, whether it's Harris, Guhle or Barron. I think every young D will be paired with a vet to mentor them hence my pairings.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I was bouncing around with Edmundson with Petry replacement but after Hughes comments, I don't think it'll be a player of equal quality but rather a vet to help a young player. Hence pairing XXX with a young D, whether it's Harris, Guhle or Barron. I think every young D will be paired with a vet to mentor them hence my pairings.
Ahh I thought you mean Guhle for the X, got it

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Wright Hoffman
Pitlick Dvorak Gally
Poehling Evans Armia
Ylonen Pezzetta

Romanov Savard
Edmundson Barron
Harris XXX
(Guhle?)

Jesus Christ I dont think a player could ever be put in a worse situation than this.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
God no.

Drouin shouldn't be allowed to play with Wright, nor speak to him. What a terrible player to be around and play with.

Pitlick-Wright-Gallagher

Pitlick is a playmaking winger with enough two way game and pace to force Wright into playing a higher tempo game. Gallagher can help defensively and take attention to the net.
Gallagher skates in a straight line and has no hands or stamina, Wight plays 200 feet and a talented passer.. It’s going to be hard and surround Wright with talent, all habs wingers have significant flaws (Hoffman, Drouin, Gallagher, Anderson…). Pitlick / Armia?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Jesus Christ I dont think a player could ever be put in a worse situation than this.
Or the best ever situation. Depends how much board work Drouin is willing to do. Hoffman just has to wait for the puck on his tape to score every shift.

Defensively thought, poor Wright.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Gallagher skates in a straight line and has no hands or stamina, Wight plays 200 feet and a talented passer.. It’s going to be hard and surround Wright with talent, all habs wingers have significant flaws (Hoffman, Drouin, Gallagher, Anderson…). Pitlick / Armia?
No armia for me, he is a black hole...

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Armia and Gallagher are fine. They might sign someone like Burakovsky too.

We aren't building the future line here, just players he can play with and be protected by.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Since our pipeline doesn’t include a sure bet #1 defenseman and Wright isn’t a generational talent, would you trade down to a team looking to pick him for an overpayment in order to pick Jiricek or Nemec? Then continue the rebuild and focus on the center next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wright is one thing. A huge thing. But the success of this draft will lie on who we pick with the Calgary pick and our own in the 2nd round. That's where we could TOTALLY change the face of our pool. Frankly, this is what I'm more eager to see.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Since our pipeline doesn’t include a sure bet #1 defenseman and Wright isn’t a generational talent, would you trade down to a team looking to pick him for an overpayment in order to pick Jiricek or Nemec? Then continue the rebuild and focus on the center next year.

No because you can never predict whether you will ever have another chance to draft a top 6 center. Good defenseman are far more likely found later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad