Confirmed with Link: Habs Get the 1st Overall Pick!!! Will It Be Shane Wright Like a Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I asked some friends of mine in the Kingston area and the response was basically he sometimes looks bored he's still playing in the OHL.
There is a difference between being bored and not being challenged. It may seem subtle, but I think it's a big difference.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I was thinking in terms of similar ability. He becomes the ultimate weapon when instead of having to deke everyone out ( which he can do ) he focuses on making quick passes and cutting defenders with VERY limited time. As a smaller player he has the ability of TIME AND SPACE and he knows it. Give him a similar style player and youll see what he did in junior but in the NHL.

With Caufield's Dynamism both Suzuki and Wright will be good fits. Wright may be a bit better but yet to be seen!

I get what you're saying, but I think that would be more suited for the powerplay. Hopefully Wright will become that playmaker shooter double threat on the PP.

I see Wright in the bumper spot with Suzuki in his spot on the right having the option to shoot it, pass to Wright for a one timer in the slot or to make a play, or cross ice to Caufield.

Having a left shot below the goal line would make this combo even better. That would open up a Suzuki->LW->Wright/Caufield one timer bang bang play. That could make for a deadly PP imo.

But when it comes to 5 on 5 play, having a dog with skill that can keep up with Suzuki and Caufield would be a better fit. That's just what I think tho.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ya he couldn't hide his excitement, he just let it out in front of the camera.

Can you imagine his reaction if Habs win the 2023 lottery draft?
To be fair, Betman does not like any of the canadian franchise. He must have been fuming that Edmonton got McDavid.

Reactions: Justin11

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
Leafs fan coming in peace. I personally wish for another true Habs-Leafs rivalry so I am lowkey rooting for you guys to get either Bedard or Michkov next year as well.
In the same vein, I'm not lowkey hoping you guys lose the next two games. Can't have you guys getting too far ahead of us.

Reactions: Saxon

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
In the same vein, I'm not lowkey hoping you guys lose the next two games. Can't have you guys getting too far ahead of us.

Would be hilarious if the Leafs were to break their own SC curse and then right out of a rebuild the Habs win a cup as well. Show it to Bettman for forgetting the Leafs and Habs are the only reason the league stayed afloat for years.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I guess congrats are in order for winning the lottery, nice to be rewarded for being inept.:thumbu::thumbu:
Still prefer to build a winning team and maintaining it through astute competent evaluation and player management than luck though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thank God he's only 18 years. No one knows what his ceiling is, just give it time and let him show it to us.

Cooley, do you think his ceiling is higher than Jack Hughes?

I don't think it's higher than Hughes offensively, I do think Cooleys approach to the game is a bit more desirable in the fact he has an impact in his own zone and doesn't give free passes physically.

Reactions: Jabba11

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
People often make comparisons to Suzuki play style wise but what Suzuki has shown is the ability to raise his play when it matters (including NHL cup run).

That’s what’s nagging me at the moment, Wright has done it in the past (W juniors) but this season and current playoffs not as much. Some big games vs Hamilton he was invisible. There’s probably (hopefully) a rational explication for this but there’s something puzzling there.

Not worried about his pts production, don’t care if he’s only PPG in the NHL but if disappears when we play in Boston or the playoffs ugh. Would take a “less productive” player that is clutch.

Really hope we see tonight the player we all want to draft overall. Doesn’t have to make his team win but be involved.
Not only at the WJC, but he did it everywhere he pass. He won championship at every level (I know it doesn't mean really much, but even McDavid haven't done that.)

In Kingston, his team is not contender level, other top 1st pick in the CHL where usually more well surrounded

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
People often make comparisons to Suzuki play style wise but what Suzuki has shown is the ability to raise his play when it matters (including NHL cup run).

That’s what’s nagging me at the moment, Wright has done it in the past (W juniors) but this season and current playoffs not as much. Some big games vs Hamilton he was invisible. There’s probably (hopefully) a rational explication for this but there’s something puzzling there.

Not worried about his pts production, don’t care if he’s only PPG in the NHL but if disappears when we play in Boston or the playoffs ugh. Would take a “less productive” player that is clutch.

Really hope we see tonight the player we all want to draft overall. Doesn’t have to make his team win but be involved.

I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. Suzuki didn't light up the playoffs until his d+2 year. Wright is on pace for the same number of playoff points as Suzuki had in his draft year.

Reactions: MTL-rules

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. Suzuki didn't light up the playoffs until his d+2 year. Wright is on pace for the same number of playoff points as Suzuki had in his draft year.
Also Suzuki didn't have a goood WJC U20 tournament and people were going crazy... Just like Wright who only played 2 games but didn't light it up like Bedard.

People are absolutely going crazy on small samples, while when we look at the whole picture, it's clear Shane Wright is the best prospect and probably will be our best since Carey Price... And he's a center !

Can't wait for the draft so that people will shut the f*** up about the other prospects and root for the kid instead.

Jul 6, 2016
I asked some friends of mine in the Kingston area and the response was basically he sometimes looks bored he's still playing in the OHL.
The kid should be motivated now, raise up his sleeves, knowing where he's gonna end up. I would like him to really go 100% and pile up points, to help his Kingston team reach at least the OHL Finals (if possible).

Reactions: jrom

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
The kid should be motivated now, raise up his sleeves, knowing where he's gonna end up. I would like him to really go 100% and pile up points, to help his Kingston team reach at least the OHL Finals (if possible).

This Kingston team wouldn't get to the finals even with 27 yo Crosby.

Just watch them tonight if youbare able to, they really are an absolute mess. They probably don't make the playoffs without Wright actually.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ya he couldn't hide his excitement, he just let it out in front of the camera.

Can you imagine his reaction if Habs win the 2023 lottery draft?
It was obvious lol, he probably thought that the first overall was going to his pet project in Arizona. I hope that Shane Wright turns into a hybrid of Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron just to piss him off more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad