Confirmed with Link: Habs Get the 1st Overall Pick!!! Will It Be Shane Wright Like a Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Also Suzuki didn't have a goood WJC U20 tournament and people were going crazy... Just like Wright who only played 2 games but didn't light it up like Bedard.

People are absolutely going crazy on small samples, while when we look at the whole picture, it's clear Shane Wright is the best prospect and probably will be our best since Carey Price... And he's a center !

Can't wait for the draft so that people will shut the f*** up about the other prospects and root for the kid instead.
The exact same critism too. Too slow, no intensity, not enough commitment, looking lazy, not enough passion, not able to have any impact.

To be fair with Suzuki he worked his ass off to improve his skating and strength. I do think cerebral player are severaly overlooked by arm chair scout who likes seeing player that create offense by themselves with speed or stickhandling or big hit. Which is nice to see but not easily transferable to the NHL.

I also look at a player like Draisaitl. He was regarded as highly skilled but way too slow. Now he is one of the best NHLer. I would rather have high IQ player that anticipate well and are always well positioned over fast and intense player that are not able to transfer their game to the NHL.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Imagine if Drouin and Wright develop chemistry and kill it together.. we might have to resign Drouin on the cheap.
Thinking Drouin can kill it, in his 8th NHL season, is a reach, and real reach.
This is the moving the goalposts special made famous by Bergevin............Drouin can't shoot the puck, and wont go to the net.
Sorry, calling a spade a spade. May ruffle some feathers, so be it. LTIR is where Drouin should reside next year.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Thinking Drouin can kill it, in his 8th NHL season, is a reach, and real reach.
This is the moving the goalposts special made famous by Bergevin............Drouin can't shoot the puck, and wont go to the net.
Sorry, calling a spade a spade. May ruffle some feathers, so be it. LTIR is where Drouin should reside next year.
If his wrist could fully recover he does possess a very good shot, that he hasn’t used enough in his career IMO.

He’s probably close to done with us but you never know, if he has a great season with no injuries and builds chemistry with Wright he might be worth keeping for something like 2 years 2.5 million a year.

Either way, Drouin is not a piece of the main plan going forwards.

Reactions: BLONG7

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The exact same critism too. Too slow, no intensity, not enough commitment, looking lazy, not enough passion, not able to have any impact.

To be fair with Suzuki he worked his ass off to improve his skating and strength. I do think cerebral player are severaly overlooked by arm chair scout who likes seeing player that create offense by themselves with speed or stickhandling or big hit. Which is nice to see but not easily transferable to the NHL.

I also look at a player like Draisaitl. He was regarded as highly skilled but way too slow. Now he is one of the best NHLer. I would rather have high IQ player that anticipate well and are always well positioned over fast and intense player that are not able to transfer their game to the NHL.
Suzuki said at some point that Vegas wanted him to work on his 200 foot game in D+1, and that is what he did.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
I get what you're saying, but I think that would be more suited for the powerplay. Hopefully Wright will become that playmaker shooter double threat on the PP.

I see Wright in the bumper spot with Suzuki in his spot on the right having the option to shoot it, pass to Wright for a one timer in the slot or to make a play, or cross ice to Caufield.

Having a left shot below the goal line would make this combo even better. That would open up a Suzuki->LW->Wright/Caufield one timer bang bang play. That could make for a deadly PP imo.

But when it comes to 5 on 5 play, having a dog with skill that can keep up with Suzuki and Caufield would be a better fit. That's just what I think tho.
We need to drag Shawzy off the couch

• Haha
Reactions: FLHabs

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I've learned to be with this team's drafting and development history.

Is Wright a Ryan Nugent Hopkins kind of player cause that's who he reminds me of a little.
No. And I'd keep that comparison in your back pocket of junk because it's not even remotely true.

Shane Wright is a :

Leader
80 point guy
2 way C

Leafs fan coming in peace. I personally wish for another true Habs-Leafs rivalry so I am lowkey rooting for you guys to get either Bedard or Michkov next year as well.
Wow, That's lowkey ;)

Reactions: Sterling Archer

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
AWESOME

love that face Bettman made, what a tool
Montreal.. My oh my.. Ok..

GB.png

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
One thing to keep in mind by bringing elite centres is how much better they make their line mates and younger prospects coming up. It’s a lot easier to develop kids when you surround them with talent and not plugs to play with and suck out their skill and creativity. Suzuki and Wright will have a positive trickle down effect on the players we bring in that play with them and around them. Two real top 2 centres for the first time since 1993!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How is Wright looking?

I watched the last 2 games, and it's disappointing for what you would expect from a potential 1st overall pick. Wright has great tools, but he just doesn't make use of them enough. He's not dynamic and doesn't assert himself out there. I have a hard time seeing Wright becoming an elite NHL forward if he doesn't improve on that. That's why I think it would be a massive blow to Wright's development if he plays in the NHL next season.

I think the habs management/scouting staff should seriously consider Cooley at 1st overall.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I watched the last 2 games, and it's disappointing for what you would expect from a potential 1st overall pick. Wright has great tools, but he just doesn't make use of them enough. He's not dynamic and doesn't assert himself out there. I have a hard time seeing Wright becoming an elite NHL forward if he doesn't improve on that. That's why I think it would be a massive blow to Wright's development if he plays in the NHL next season.

I think the habs management/scouting staff should seriously consider Cooley at 1st overall.
Because Cooley is definitely improving his stock watching tv...

Reactions: Rob Sense
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad