Post-Game Talk: Habs get first shutout of the season. Beat Oilers.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So Byron/Lekh probably played their best game of the season. Some people are feeling the heat from those trades rumors and injury returns bumping them out of the lineup...

I actually think the speculation that Lekhonen had some nagging minor injury was accurate and the COVID break healed that up. Byron was able to get some energy back in the break, his speed will drop off again after a few games. Just like it happened in the play-ins/off and at the start of the this season.

Byron/KK/Lekh took the first shift of the game, they were the first line last night :sarcasm:

I'm going to have to claim nobody will score until Tiffoli/Staal/Armia are in the line-up now, because the team had to go score 4 after I made the claim...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really haven't explored acquiring any D TBO,thought MB was content with what he has.

Bergevin is likely stuck unless he can figure out how to make anything work with the cap. RD's have been harder to acquire in recent seasons. I just don't see us being able to pull off a legit top 4D addition but I know he will keep trying. It's what he does

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wow....what a game....possibly their best game of the year? They owned the puck.
Pretty much nothing to complain about, hence the 6 pages after the game.
All 4 lines were skating well, kudos to the Dano line, all 3 guys played well again, and seem to have found their groove.
The Oilers had 16 shots all game............that's a period some nights for them.
They will be back soon, and look out next time!
As others have mentioned, Staal must be pumped now!

That 7-1 romp over the Jest was very,very impressive.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Big W gotta take these games when rested and Toffoli, Staal and Caufield not even playing yet

Plz get one more LHD who can skate and move the puck decently well, and this team is looking fine for playoffs...the whistles will be going away soon and our big boys on D will start playing to their strengths

Reactions: Habssince89

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Our forwards looked a lot faster with Toffoli and Armia out.

As Staal is a downgrade in speed from Evans, Toffoli will be back and it'll be tough to take Perry out of the lineup.. I just feel Armia doesn't fit anywhere when he comes back as Lehkonen/Byron are better skaters which we can use.

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Caufield/Lehkonen
Byron/Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
In a dramatic turn of events, Kotkaniemi may end up being the best of all of them and be our #1. The guy is developping nicely.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
League wants to be serious about officiating, especially after the Peel incident, yet they only fine McDavid $5K for a hit that most likely would have gotten others a game or two.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad