Post-Game Talk: Habs get first shutout of the season. Beat Oilers.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Did KK do anything to instigate McDavid? Totally should have been a several game suspension in my opinion. McDavid took 3 or 4 steps at KK after he released the puck and it was a total head shot.

I keep wondering what Chariot is going to do next game. :naughty:

If Mc David got suspended for that,Gordie Howe would have perpetually been suspended.lol

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Did KK do anything to instigate McDavid? Totally should have been a several game suspension in my opinion. McDavid took 3 or 4 steps at KK after he released the puck and it was a total head shot.

I keep wondering what Chariot is going to do next game. :naughty:

images

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He will do when his body will get his full strenght. Wait two years and see.

So you're saying KK is not ready to play in the NHL? It was Mc David,not Lucic, not exactly mister intimating and known for being a brute. Can't have someone else fighting all your battles or players will consistently run at you. You give back what you receive and people will leave you alone,can't have players taking advantage of you.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
So you're saying KK is not ready to play in the NHL? It was Mc David,not Lucic, not exactly mister intimating and known for being a brute. Can't have someone else fighting all your battles or players will consistently run at you. You give back what you receive and people will leave you alone,can't have players taking advantage of you.
Play nhl hockey and fight is two different things. I know McBaby is not strong like Lucic but he's full grown. The season isn't over yet, JK will have time to hit back if he wants to. This year Habs did fight and battle, unlike other years before. It's not their best game plan to leave hockey and think about fighting. They do miss Deslaurier who was able to fight and play hockey, a 4th liner is the right spot for that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He doesn't get much recognition because he is quietly steady, but man oh man, Edmundson is having himself a season. My expectation were so low after all these critics from the Hurricanes, so glad he turned it around and proved everyone wrong.

He's much more steady than Chiarot. Both are similar level D, but they have totally different playing styles. Easy to protect Eddy over Chia.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Play nhl hockey and fight is two different things. I know McBaby is not strong like Lucic but he's full grown. The season isn't over yet, JK will have time to hit back if he wants to. This year Habs did fight and battle, unlike other years before. It's not their best game plan to leave hockey and think about fighting. They do miss Deslaurier who was able to fight and play hockey, a 4th liner is the right spot for that.

I just feel like KK should have done something right away and avoid having a vendetta later on, imo. Not a fan of delayed retaliatory practices, too orchestrated.

Should have kept Nick but that's MB again.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just like prison....don’t wanna be anyone’s Dufresne....especially the sisters :eek:

ZyFxu30.gif

Reactions: angusyoung

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I never understood players like Armia who are blessed with above average talent plus size but who can't or won't use their attributes with any degree of regularity. Not even a cattle prod from the bench could prompt enigmatic players like that except for the few consecutive games when they somehow remember how impactful they can be.

Max Lapierre explained it the best; “ Everyone in the Nhl is an amazing talent who got there by dominating at lower levels. 4th liner (like Max, lol) use it 10% of the time but true superstars bring it 100% of the time.
The percent is just semantics but the point is Armia make 2M and McDavid makes 12M for a reason.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Max Lapierre explained it the best; “ Everyone in the Nhl is an amazing talent who got there by dominating at lower levels. 4th liner (like Max, lol) use it 10% of the time but true superstars bring it 100% of the time.
The percent is just semantics but the point is Armia make 2M and McDavid makes 12M for a reason.

First thing I saw was MAX, automatically my mind hears what follows in a Maxwell Smart voice in my head,but it sounds right for some reason,who knew?:laugh:

3hf716.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why can't KK stand up for himself? show some backbone for crying out loud! Don't be anybody's bitch!

KK has some edge to his game. It may not translate into fights other than the time against Philly when he stood up for a teammate, but he's not really one to back down, and he seems to initiate alot of contact.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad