Post-Game Talk: Habs get first shutout of the season. Beat Oilers.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
League wants to be serious about officiating, especially after the Peel incident, yet they only fine McDavid $5K for a hit that most likely would have gotten others a game or two.

If Kotkaniemi hit McJesus like that, we'd lose him for a week or more...Hell, imagine if someone did that to Super Austin; they'd be suspended for a year or more...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Early on yes he was bad..........recently he has found it again, and kudos to the guys on his line, all 3 are playing well.
We will not win, without those guys going...........shutting down the Oilers top line last night in the 1st period had the coach change his lines, to seperate the two big guns, the rest of the game, out side of PP time.
Great performance all the way around...have some concern about the Suzuki/Andy/Drouin line right now, but obviously all 4 lines are not going to be going every game.
Yeah Drouin with only 2 goals is concerning. Anderson competes hard but the numbers have not been there lately. Suzuki will have help when Staal draws top checking lines. Staal still has game.

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
It will be interesting when Staal,Toffoli and Armia are ready to play to see what they will do and who will come out.

My guess is Toffoli goes with KK, Staal to the 4th and Armia sits. I think Byron sits too, and maybe goes to Laval.

Honestly, a 4th line with Leks - Staal - Perry, with the later two getting pp time...is fine with me. Much rather Staal than Danault in that spot on the PP.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The league did fine him $5000 which is the maximum so it was more then just a minor penalty.
I wonder if the fine maximum was an ask of the NHLPA because 5K is way too low for a fine. If the league was serious they would have pushed for higher fines.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
167044716_2833136686951174_2515038147385009976_n.jpg

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If Kotkaniemi hit McJesus like that, we'd lose him for a week or more...Hell, imagine if someone did that to Super Austin; they'd be suspended for a year or more...
Double standards NHL. Crappy league, corrupted to the bone. Behind football and basketball college leagues in USA in popularity. Refs at WWF are more constant.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Lehkonen is the easy choice because we have a severe lack of left shots on the team and will have even less if we swap out Lehkonen to bring in Caufield. Especially with Tatar leaving.

It will be disappointing to me if we have to move Lehk over some of the crap we have signed, :ha:

Reactions: Runner77

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He won every face off I saw vs McJeez last night. He's playing great "Danault style of hockey" since last month.

Well actually , Danault was 2 - 3 vs McDavid , KK was 1 - 0 vs him however, Danault and Draisatl had a great face off battle all night long tho about 7 a piece

Face offs for last night
Danault 11 W 8 L
KK 8 W 4 L (atta boy)
Suzuki 2 W 9 L (need better)
Evans 5 W 4 L

oddly enough McDavid only took 7 face offs last night, won 4 loss 3

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Danault is finally back to his former self.

He is a punching bag on this site and he deserved severe criticism for his play earlier this season but he and his line mates have really stepped up. Good to see.

I like Danault and always have but he needs to maintain that type of game when the chips are down. Something neither he nor one of his line-mates has done so far as a Hab. We all know who I'm talking about Tomas. The first line third line stuff is irrelevant until some other line clearly separates itself as a number one. It's not a reflection of anything else but our GM's build and lack of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad