Post-Game Talk: Habs get first shutout of the season. Beat Oilers.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Next Game Kotkaniemi should remember that one and:

chokeslam.gif

:biglaugh:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Well actually , Danault was 2 - 3 vs McDavid , KK was 1 - 0 vs him however, Danault and Draisatl had a great face off battle all night long tho about 7 a piece

Face offs for last night
Danault 11 W 8 L
KK 8 W 4 L (atta boy)
Suzuki 2 W 9 L (need better)
Evans 5 W 4 L

oddly enough McDavid only took 7 face offs last night, won 4 loss 3
Ok, who's teaching 15 and NOT 14?

Reactions: Redux91

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Ok, who's teaching 15 and NOT 14?

I feel this is where KK's extra years of pro experience (compared to Suzuki) come in hand. Faceoffs is an area of the game where vets just tend to do better than kids. While I think the value of faceoffs is a little overrated, I'm more impressed by how good KK is on the dot than disappointed by how bad Suzuki is. I wouldn't be worried.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
LOL i saw this last night on TSN when they were trying to show the stupid 5G thing again, they zoom out and you see Tatar celebrating before the puck is in he was heading towards weber , i was like HEY lol

Wasn't it already in and just bounced out quickly?

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017

How is that not worthy of a suspension? Because KK didn’t get injured? McBaby needs to get his frustration in check cause that was a nasty malicious attempt to injure out of frustration and should call for suspension so that he thinks twice next time. Do you really think he cares about a $5K fine? If I’m KK I don’t let that shit slide. Actually props to him for keeping his cool.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Moving Armia I don’t think hurts us much in this regard, unless of course its moving him in order to make room for Caufield, but even so, it’s a move I would do if the return for Armia is somebody useful... we don’t need any more picks for this 2021 draft.

Having Staal in the lineup mitigates the impact of losing Armia’s size IMO, and I think Staal can bring more offensively. In fact, Staal and Caufield would be a massive upgrade to the bottom-6 regardless of the two bodies they replace.

I never understood players like Armia who are blessed with above average talent plus size but who can't or won't use their attributes with any degree of regularity. Not even a cattle prod from the bench could prompt enigmatic players like that except for the few consecutive games when they somehow remember how impactful they can be.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I never understood players like Armia who are blessed with above average talent plus size but who can't or won't use their attributes with any degree of regularity. Not even a cattle prod from the bench could prompt enigmatic players like that except for the few consecutive games when they somehow remember how impactful they can be.
homerdumb.gif

An abundance of Natural Talent doesn't mean the elevator goes all the way to the Penthouse, if you catch me meaning...:laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It will be interesting when Staal,Toffoli and Armia are ready to play to see what they will do and who will come out.

Any coach with that kind of problem, is a blessed coach. Not so long ago, the choices were Weal, Weise and the like.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

We can't get into their headspace, obviously, but I've said before many times what a tease Armia is. He should be a bonafide top 6 talent just based based on his package, of size, strength, and sneaky stick handling in tight spots.

I don't know if anyone knows what a phone booth is anymore, but this guy could totally stickhandle in one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ekholm is probably off the market with Nashville's latest push, which is good for us..

I think there might be an opportunity on Goligoski but he likes to play RD despite being a left shot.

How effective is Goligoski now? Age 35 at a more demanding position like D, is asking for a lot. Do we really want to add someone like that or try and pay more and get a top 4 who is younger?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We can't get into their headspace, obviously, but I've said before many times what a tease Armia is. He should be a bonafide top 6 talent just based based on his package, of size, strength, and sneaky stick handling in tight spots.

I don't know if anyone knows what a phone booth is anymore, but this guy could totally stickhandle in one.

He could stickhandle in a phone booth but with a timer on it and no one knows when it comes on. Guess that's why the Jets made him available.

Now that the Habs have been able to get better bottom six players (people who can actually show up most of the time), we can much more easily part ways with him at the end of the season. I very much doubt Bergevin would consider moving him now given how much he values size for the playoffs, as per his presser references on the subject.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We usually play well against teams like the Oilers, Jets or Leafs. Weber is generally the best shutdown defenseman in league. He generally neutralizes McDavid, Draisaitl or Scheifele, Matthew's. Once they lose them odds swing in our favour.

Teams not top heavy like the Flames or Sens give us more trouble.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Did KK do anything to instigate McDavid? Totally should have been a several game suspension in my opinion. McDavid took 3 or 4 steps at KK after he released the puck and it was a total head shot.

I keep wondering what Chariot is going to do next game. :naughty:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Did KK do anything to instigate McDavid? Totally should have been a several game suspension in my opinion. McDavid took 3 or 4 steps at KK after he released the puck and it was a total head shot.

I keep wondering what Chariot is going to do next game. :naughty:
Why Weber doesn't defend his players? I know he's not that good in fights but he is sooo strong and huge. It's a matter of getting mad in his case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad