Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Malkin 98 points
Kessel 92 points
Crosby 89 points

I guess Crosby is leeching too ?

You act like Seguin is McDavid and Radulov is RNH....

Radulov is not on the same level as Seguin or Benn. They’re both a notch above.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Radulov contributed in so many more ways than just on the score sheet. Our captain at the time (Pacioretty) admitted Radulov's work ethic was infectious and he made everyone around him better. It was evident on the ice that season, too. No one worked or played harder than Radulov when he was here. Did it affect him later in the season when he gassed out? Unfortunately so, but it doesn't change the effort and work ethic he brought here.

I still wish we could have made something work with him to retain him, but if we keep him we probably don't have Kotkaniemi, probably not Suzuki either.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
70 points in Dallas, getting carried by two star forwards.

He’d be good for 55 points here.

'Getting carried' lol. Radulov is a star forward.

You're out of your element here man. Radulov is an elite player and you just seem salty by refusing to admit it.

edit: Also, nice quick edit there to recycle my jab. You're the salty one by coming in here and trying to tell people that Radulov isnt an elite player and expecting people to not ridicule you. You're obviously very hurt that an elite player isnt here anymore. No other explanation for your ridiculous statements.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Well, i think you are wrong there, he answered the question of a reporter that ask him if he was deceive that Radulov didnt show loyalty by signing with Dallas.....it was the presser after Radulov had sign with Dallas

To me he was more like defending Radulov with this answer.....but hey i could be wrong

edit.....The exact answer was ''if you want loyalty....buy a dog''

Yes, that's right. He implied Radulov, a UFA, who wanted a 2 year deal when he originally signed, was disloyal. Who has Bergevin been loyal to?

There's a very long list of people who think a GM is a genius for getting a player for perceived value, but when the roles are reversed, players are greedy or mercenaries.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You talked about last season, so I dished you the facts, which you completely avoided cause you knew you were wrong, and now you’re trying to cherry pick the first 10 games of the season as if it means something (when it doesn’t). Talk to me at the end of the season.

Radulov is good complementary player, I’ll give him that. On Dallas he produced 70 points whilst being carried by two stars. In Montreal he’d be good for about 50-60 points, similar to Gallagher.
You mean just like you avoided how I stated that many who watched the Stars last year said that he was their best forward and brought the best of Benn and Seguin? I'd rather not talk to you at the end of the season because you are simply delusional if you think that he is a good complementary player scoring about 50-60 points. He has the skill of Drouin and the heart of Gallagher.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Not true. He had more than the Montreal offer. He chose Montreal otherwise he wouldn't have taken the deal.

Plus, it was a basic deal to prove he belonged, he didn't break the bank.

It was up to MB to sign him and instead of that, he nickel and dimed and then signed the likes of Alzner, Hemsky and Streit and was left with a ton of cap room that he's carried over to this season.

We lost a free premium asset.

Thank goodness, we dodged a bullet. :sarcasm:
Losing him wasn't the problem,he wasn't going to extend no matter what.

The problem was the term he wanted. It's going to be ugly near the end. If he's the guy to get you over the top,perhaps you consider it.

But he isn't. Not now, likely not ever.

The cannonization of a guy who was here slightly longer than vanek amazes me. He was better than I expected and a solid top sixer for one year then left for the same money by either lying or at best misrepresenting the deal at the end.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you that a mercenary who wanted to wash the stink of his choice to breach, wouldn't reciprocate a one year deal with undying loyalty to a team.

Shocked

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What's the sample size on that?
Close to 30 games no? Far from a huge sample size, but that entire line was lights out. Why they broke them up after Galchenyuk got injured? Classic Julien, but Radulov was always exceptional that year and Pacioretty benefited playing with him a lot more than Radulov did.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Radulov is a good player, works hard, has lots of energy, and passion. He is a good piece to have on a team. I really enjoyed his time in Montreal and its sucks he chose Dallas. He was offered a fair contract and went somewhere else.

Its unfortunate that with the tax situation MTL will always have to overpay either with term or dollars. In this case, I'm glad they didn't with either.

Reactions: teamfirst

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
You mean just like you avoided how I stated that many who watched the Stars last year said that he was their best forward and brought the best of Benn and Seguin? I'd rather not talk to you at the end of the season because you are simply delusional if you think that he is a good complementary player scoring about 50-60 points. He has the skill of Drouin and the heart of Gallagher.

Benn and Seguin were star forwards before Radulov arrived loll what are you saying. They are better than him, and produced more without him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Losing him wasn't the problem,he wasn't going to extend no matter what.

The problem was the term he wanted. It's going to be ugly near the end. If he's the guy to get you over the top,perhaps you consider it.

But he isn't. Not now, likely not ever.

The cannonization of a guy who was here slightly longer than vanek amazes me. He was better than I expected and a solid top sixer for one year then left for the same money by either lying or at best misrepresenting the deal at the end.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you that a mercenary who wanted to wash the stink of his choice to breach, wouldn't reciprocate a one year deal with undying loyalty to a team.

Shocked

The terms of Radulov's contract are not as worse as Weber's contract.

And Weber is not a guy who will put you on top either. He proved it many times in the NHL. And don't start with Team Canada it's a team filled with elite players from the 1st to the last line.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal

The thing is, potentially getting ugly in the long run is fine when you get years of valuable offensive play. That's not really ugly. What's ugly is having essentially 8 millions in the pressbox because they're playing worse than kids on a minimum deal and you still have them for four years

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The thing is, potentially getting ugly in the long run is fine when you get years of valuable offensive play. That's not really ugly. What's ugly is having essentially 8 millions in the pressbox because they're playing worse than kids on a minimum deal and you still have them for four years

8.525 millions to be more precise (Alzner + Shaw).

You can remove both from the team and the team is as good if not better.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Benn and Seguin were star forwards before Radulov arrived loll what are you saying. They are better than him, and produced more without him.
Good lord, I never said that they weren't superstars. If you look at the season before Radulov came: Benn had 69 points and Seguin had 72 points. They played better when Radulov came. So if you really want me to simplify it, Seguin and Benn were and still are superstars and adding Radulov to their wing helps them out too.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
The terms of Radulov's contract are not as worse as Weber's contract.

And Weber is not a guy who will put you on top either. He proved it many times in the NHL. And don't start with Team Canada it's a team filled with elite players from the 1st to the last line.

At one time Weber was considered the best or one of the best Defenseman when he got his contract.

You can’t compare the two.

Weber will likely make the HHOF. Radulov won’t.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Good lord, I never said that they weren't superstars. If you look at the season before Radulov came: Benn had 69 points and Seguin had 72 points. They played better when Radulov came. So if you really want me to simplify it, Seguin and Radulov were and still are superstars and adding Radulov to their wing helps them out too.

And the year before that Benn won the Art Ross. Benn doesn’t need Radulov; Radulov needs Benn.

Benn is a great forward on the league. Radulov is a good foreard.

There’s a difference.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why buy a dog when you can buy people?

2ldbmw.jpg

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Close to 30 games no? Far from a huge sample size, but that entire line was lights out. Why they broke them up after Galchenyuk got injured? Classic Julien, but Radulov was always exceptional that year and Pacioretty benefited playing with him a lot more than Radulov did.

Consider me corrected. I doubt they would've lasted at PPG but good for them.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And the year before that Benn won the Art Ross. Benn doesn’t need Radulov; Radulov needs Benn.

Benn is a great forward on the league. Radulov is a good foreard.

There’s a difference.
Yeah you must have forgot that Benn had a fantastic player in Spezza(at that time) who helped him out too right? Has Benn even come close to the Art Ross since that year? Nope. Is Radulov helping him out last year AND this year? Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad