Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Zachary Fucale with the 36th overall pick (info in OP)

hogtownhabsfan*

Fucale will be knocking on the door in 3 years. book it.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I don't look at this as definitely being Price's replacement or even sending a message to Carey. Montreal had no goalie depth and drafted a potential great one.

Price is still the man and will be for another few years at least. Go Habs.
Exactly Price was picked in 05. We are talking 8 years later Montreal finally picks up another possible starting goalie. I didn't want to pick him at 25 but by the time the 2nd round was there and no team had grabbed him it was a no brainer to stock up on a future starter.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
This gives the Habs a huge trade asset in the future, wether its price or fucale they will get a great return if everything goes as planned.

I also agree with those who say he's not that far off, he's just so good. I give him 3-4 years until he starts knocking on the door.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
if he just pushes price to step up his game more then its worth the pick. Price just might need that final kick in the azz to push him over the top

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
This kid has a good head on his shoulders and is already showing maturity despite looking like he's 15. Good pickup. I hope if/when he starts challenging for the starting role the French media will not be drooling over this hometown boy and instead make a fair assessment based purely on play. One can dream right?

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
This kid has a good head on his shoulders and is already showing maturity despite looking like he's 15. Good pickup. I hope if/when he starts challenging for the starting role the French media will not be drooling over this hometown boy and instead make a fair assessment based purely on play. One can dream right?

lol yes and theres a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow too..

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If he isn't the starter for Team Canada this winter = bust

If he doesn't win gold for Team Canada = bust

If he doesn't win the Memorial Cup = bust
:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

i know your kiddin around, but he just WON the memorial cup :P

i love the pick and what it does for our assetts, as others have mentioned, becomes a great trade piece, both him AND carey become that (and i LOVE carey, but business is business and a return for carey would be quite lucrative)

i also hope it lights a fire under carey, and love that this wont really be a discussion for another 3 years, by then we'll know absolutely if careys the number 1 goalie on this team and top 5 in the NHL or not (which i already think he is), and having a young hotshot goalie coming up right behind him is an embarassment of riches when it all comes down to it

the big x factor in all this is the kid IS a montrealer, so right off the bat hes got such a distinct advantage on poor carey, hes already the hometown KID, already people are pulling for him , ..and us montrealers LOVE our home town boys and for some reason ALOT love to hate on carey, so im just unhappy about that lil part, hopefully it works out

Watching Fucales dad react the way he did is amazing because hes a habs fan and probably has been for years and years and has SEEN the drydens and the roys do unbeivable things for the organization , and to see your son being touted the way he has, number 1 goalie this, mem cup that, to see your goaltending SON get drafted by your favorite team full of legendary goaltenders, ..i cant imagine what thats like, good for fucale and his family, its an absolute dream come true for all of them.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Never thought we'd draft another goalie who's as cool as cucumber, Price and Fucale would be the coolest duo in the league.

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com
After listening to his interviews, he seems like a cool guy. His dad's reaction is .gif-worthy.

He's a total class act, carries himself beyond well for an 18 year old.

The Montreal media won't rock this kid, they're going to love him, assuming he doesn't completely fall on his face. Given his work ethic as a young man, and the tools he already has, I'd put that right not somewhere close to extremely unlikely.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
He's a total class act, carries himself beyond well for an 18 year old.

The Montreal media won't rock this kid, they're going to love him, assuming he doesn't completely fall on his face. Given his work ethic as a young man, and the tools he already has, I'd put that right not somewhere close to extremely unlikely.

17-year old Haligonian saying that Zachary is a great guy, doesn't have any attitude problems at all (unlike a certain prospect), and most importantly is extremely poised. If I had to pick a goalie prospect not to be fazed by playing in Montreal it would be him.

Also as a 17-year old Haligonian, prepare for the puck bunnies. In droves.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
So... is there a gif yet?

It was posted in this very thread last night.

iioemj01jcYwC.gif

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
lol oh my GOD, any other fan can take this out of context and DRILL us with gifs about "OH NO NOT THE HABS" but truthfully he's a big habs fan himself,..but just WATCHING it like that, it really makes you laugh lol, who smacks their heads like that in disapointment at a draft! lol its cause hes not :P

edit : LOL i still cannot stop laughing at the dad, .. i KNOW hes happy but it just cracks me up watching him go AHHHHHHHHH !!

Haha, I just imagine him screaming like a little girl in joy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad