Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Zachary Fucale with the 36th overall pick (info in OP)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
It's hard to say. Baie-Comeau has always had a reputation for being kinda dirty - no matter who was the coach, who was GM, who played for them, etc. They were a really skilled team this year but that didn't stop them from gooning it up when they lost in the playoffs.

That makes you think the coach is involved somehow, but B-C coach Eric Veilleux and Halifax coach Dominique Ducharme are really good friends and I'd be surprised if Eric would be so disrespectful that way. But then again...how else can you interpret this situation? Veilleux takes a timeout, puts his 4th line on and this fracas happens after the first faceoff.

In the semi-finals, B-C successfully drew the Armada into a brawl (though that was more mutual combat than the blatant incitement against Halifax was). They lost a 4th liner for two games to suspension, while the Armada lost one of their better players in Ryan Tesink. In that sense they "won" the brawl. I think they were trying to accomplish something similar here. It didn't work. They succeeded in getting Lewis suspended, but one of their top D-men (Verpaelst) got suspended too so it ended up a wash.

I think that their ultimate goal was to hopefully goad Fucale into taking a swing at someone and getting a suspension as a result. There was no way they were going to win the series as long as Fucale was between the pipes.

As you can see, trying to rattle Fucale is a fool's errand - especially when players like Lewis are on the ice. You could see that he wasn't just going through the motions - he was genuinely enraged by what B-C was doing. But really, any one of the Mooseheads would probably be willing to stick up for Fucale like that. They know that it's his skill that allowed them to play such aggressive offense. Halifax gave up a lot of breakaways and odd-man rushes this year because they pressed so hard. They couldn't play "their game" the way they did without absolute trust in Fucale. In turn, Fucale knew that anyone coming after him would be in for a world of hurt, so he never had to worry about fighting those battles.

We'll have McCarron handle those duties whenever Fucale is ready :yo:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I like that Fucale is right in the middle in terms of size. Big Goalies can be exposed on their 5 hole and can get injured often because of their bodies being bigger,etc.

Fucale is 6ft1 and that seems to be just right. Not too small to be pushed around and big enough to cover the net and have some reach post-to-post.

As for his style, I was wondering if someone could give me a quick scouting report. Please and thanks in advance :)

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I like that Fucale is right in the middle in terms of size. Big Goalies can be exposed on their 5 hole and can get injured often because of their bodies being bigger,etc.

Fucale is 6ft1 and that seems to be just right. Not too small to be pushed around and big enough to cover the net and have some reach post-to-post.

As for his style, I was wondering if someone could give me a quick scouting report. Please and thanks in advance :)

He uses his glove, blocker, stick and pads to prevent the other team from scoring. He is usually successful but sometimes not.

I hope this was helpful

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Proficient butterfly goalie who analyzes the play very well. Builds his cover from the bottom up and you'll never see him get beat down low, in fact, in all the Mooseheads games I've seen, I have yet to remember him getting beat through the legs.

He's calm and composed in the net. Not a great stickhandler but he knows this, simply stops the puck and leaves it for his D-men. He's economical in his movement and knows how to track the puck into his body.

His problems arise from analyzing the play too much and forgetting about quick shots when the puck is in a quiet area. He'll look for possible pass options and take his eyes off the puck, which leads to him getting beat from the perimeter or just over the blue line. He cut down on his a lot this year but it's still a matter of concentration.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Personally I think this is our best pick of the draft.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->