Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Maybe so. It's unclassy because he's not going there...pretty sure Murray would not have minded this unclassy move if he would have chosen his team after all. Decision was made yesterday, I guess Habs should have called them...would not have given Murray too much time to turn around.

Question though....does that affect Mike's chances to be invited because of his 3 uncommitments to American universities.....Cause before Western Michigan, he uncommited to Cornell and another one.

I read he didn't have the grades to go to Cornell so it's not a real uncommitment.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Say things go well and McCarron develops into a top 6 player, what would you think of a top 6 looking similar to this:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - McCarron/Gallagher
LW/Prospect - Eller - Gallagher/McCarron

Thanks!

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
He's still young. Those who have became real men in character at that age are few and far between. :D

Your right and I know he is only 18. I was just comparing him to Tinorde at that age. Tinorde showed more maturity at that age and became the captain of London the next year.
I think he is a great prospect but I believe he will take longer to get to the NHL...
I hope I am wrong, we need a guy like him on are team like yesterday

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Your right and I know he is only 18. I was just comparing him to Tinorde at that age. Tinorde showed more maturity at that age and became the captain of London the next year.
I think he is a great prospect but I believe he will take longer to get to the NHL...
I hope I am wrong, we need a guy like him on are team like yesterday

I don't know how you can refer to a "lack of maturity" without even knowing the player/hearing about 1 or 2 interviews here and there about him.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I don't know how you can refer to a "lack of maturity" without even knowing the player/hearing about 1 or 2 interviews here and there about him.

Correct. I know this is subjective and more of a gut feeling....but I have learned over the years to go with my gut feelings in business and more often then not I have been right.
I was not trying to offend McCarron in any way....I think he is a great prospect for the Habs

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Say things go well and McCarron develops into a top 6 player, what would you think of a top 6 looking similar to this:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - McCarron/Gallagher
LW/Prospect - Eller - Gallagher/McCarron

Thanks!

de la Rose - Crisp - McCarron

1zq4q4z.jpg

:handclap:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Correct. I know this is subjective and more of a gut feeling....but I have learned over the years to go with my gut feelings in business and more often then not I have been right.
I was not trying to offend McCarron in any way....I think he is a great prospect for the Habs

I seen in an interview that he has 6 planned meals a day and is very commited to the gym. Usually tells me something about their character because at 18 years old I ate whatever came at me :laugh: especially guys that are that big naturally will usually feel like they can put away anything

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I seen in an interview that he has 6 planned meals a day and is very commited to the gym. Usually tells me something about their character because at 18 years old I ate whatever came at me :laugh: especially guys that are that big naturally will usually feel like they can put away anything

Sorry delete my comment. I am no expert and I see I have made a mistake in my comment....I am showing immaturity on writing on the board:(

I really like him as a prospect and I hope he uses twitter and other social media more correctly then me:shakehead

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
de la Rose - Crisp - McCarron

1zq4q4z.jpg

:handclap:

Haha funny part is, this could very much happen if things wouldn't go "so brightly" for both DLR and big Mac... Really good 3rd liners and leaving a RW spot for Collberg if it works out for him, too.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Haha funny part is, this could very much happen if things wouldn't go "so brightly" for both DLR and big Mac... Really good 3rd liners and leaving a RW spot for Collberg if it works out for him, too.

On the contrary, I'm looking forward to a de la Rose - Crisp - McCarron 3rd line; I fully expect us to have the most complete Top 9 in the league with interchangeable top 3 lines, each one a killer:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Collberg
Hudon/Lehkonen - Eller - Gallagher/Thomas
de la Rose - Crisp/Vail - McCarron
Prust - Vail/Crisp - White

;)

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
On the contrary, I'm looking forward to a de la Rose - Crisp - McCarron 3rd line; I fully expect us to have the most complete Top 9 in the league with interchangeable top 3 lines, each one a killer:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Collberg
Hudon/Lehkonen - Eller - Gallagher/Thomas
de la Rose - Crisp/Vail - McCarron
Prust - Vail/Crisp - White

;)

That isn't a bad line up at all. Our defense and goaltending is also pretty good so I think it is fair to say it's looking bright! Or am I too optimistic? :naughty:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Sorry delete my comment. I am no expert and I see I have made a mistake in my comment....I am showing immaturity on writing on the board:(

I really like him as a prospect and I hope he uses twitter and other social media more correctly then me:shakehead

That's OK, you'll grow out of it. I'm planning to in a few years. :p:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

This is good to hear. Some players don't seem to get the importance of
diet until they get to the NHL.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The fact that he was drafted from NTDP also means he could play AHL at 19...though I'd want to see hik put up 80-90 points OHL at 18 before playing him there at 19.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Well, I'd have to think that most 1st rounders have some kind of diet, if they're serious about their hockey career.

Myron Gaines*

I still wanna see the pillage your village line

De La Rose Eller Collberg

And the yankee line

Pacioretty Galchenyuk McCarron

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I still wanna see the pillage your village line

De La Rose Eller Collberg

And the yankee line

Pacioretty Galchenyuk McCarron

Yankee Doodle went to town riding on a tank.

And the first line could be called "all your girlfriend are belong to us"

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It's crazy to think about how stacked we could be at RW:

Gallagher
Collberg
McCarron

Could all be first line RWs.

So happy McCarron went this route. The OHL is the place for him, simply because of the number of games he'll play. Also, he's going to play with and against some of the top talent in the prospect world. Playing with Domi, Horvat,etc should get him accustomed to playing with high skill line mates (Perfect for when he's finishing Galchenyuk's passes to him :naughty:)

So he'll for sure play in the WJC's next year right?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Everytime I look at our 2013 draft I can't stop thinking about the Chicago Blackhawks. They lost Byfuglien, Ladd, Sopel, Versteeg and Eager and were able to replace every last one of them with players from within ( Bickell, Shaw, Kruger, Boilig, Leddy, etc.). If you look at the big picture for the Habs, it's so freackin obvious that Bergevin has the same plan for us. It's why he has this obssessiom with character players, because with that set of mind they usually work harder to get to the NHL, not that they will all turn out all-star players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad