Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
What Hunter traded for McCarron the #Bulls got: BEL 5th Rnd '15, MIS 2nd Rnd '15 (Cond.), LDN 2nd Rnd '17 (Cond.), LDN 2nd Rnd '18 (Cond.)

Methinks he'll be getting plenty of ice time. Been told that "Mark (Hunter) loves him."

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/07/11/michael-mccarron-picks-knights-over-michigan-broncos

“He’s a piece of the puzzle,” said Knights’ general manage Mark Hunter. “He’s only going to get better. It’s exciting to think what he’ll be like next year when we’ve had him here for a year.”

Hunter obtained McCarron’s rights in a trade with the Bulls in 2012. He said missing not being able to get him in the draft bothered him.

“I really wanted to get him but I couldn’t,” Hunter said. “I watched the kid for three years before the draft. Where are you going to get a kid that big that can skate and handle the puck?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Very, very good news. Now the kid can focus 100% on making it.

I was 60% confident he'd achieve his potential before, I'm now 90% confident.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I'm so freaking happy!!! :handclap:

Me too:handclap::handclap::handclap:
Very, very good news. Now the kid can focus 100% on making it.

I was 60% confident he'd achieve his potential before, I'm now 90% confident.

I hope your right. He is such a big boy and when there big like that you never sure how long it will take for them to learn there game. I hope he learns like Tinorde but I do question his maturity at this point.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Me too:handclap::handclap::handclap:

I hope your right. He is such a big boy and when there big like that you never sure how long it will take for them to learn there game. I hope he learns like Tinorde but I do question his maturity at this point.

London is the best place in the world for him to play. He'll get challenged, and challenged a lot. He's going to lose some fights against some of the tougher guys in this league, which will make him work even harder to develop this aspect of his game. He'll also be able to focus 100% of his time on hockey. Plus, the Memorial Cup...

This was the right pick for him.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Kinda out of loop with rules pertaining to Junior and prospects. But why were London and Michigan his only two choices? Out of personal preference or Canadiens organization?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Kinda out of loop with rules pertaining to Junior and prospects. But why were London and Michigan his only two choices? Out of personal preference or Canadiens organization?

London owns his rights in the CHL. Belleville drafted him in 2011 and traded him to London in 2012.

He's from Michigan so I guess a Michigan University was more appealing for him. Just like it is for Massachussets players with Boston Univeristy and Boston College.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Jonathan Bernier ‏@JoBern 2m
Andy Murray, coach WMU: "Je comprends et j'accepte son choix. Tout ce que je peux faire, c'est de lui souhaiter bonne chance." #CH #Habs

Murray, coach WMU: "J'aurais aimé que le #CH m'appelle pour m'avertir de ses intentions. Je n'ai parlé à personne de l'organisation." #Habs

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Great news!

I'm excited to watch him play in London. Circle all the London-Windsor games now people, McCarron vs Vail and potentially de la Rose.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Jonathan Bernier ‏@JoBern 2m
Andy Murray, coach WMU: "Je comprends et j'accepte son choix. Tout ce que je peux faire, c'est de lui souhaiter bonne chance." #CH #Habs

Murray, coach WMU: "J'aurais aimé que le #CH m'appelle pour m'avertir de ses intentions. Je n'ai parlé à personne de l'organisation." #Habs

Really not a classy move from the Habs and McCarron, WMU does not have the time to fill that recruit spot. It's the best move for McCarron but this should have been settled weeks ago.

Credit to Murray for being as classy as he has been.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Really not a classy move from the Habs and McCarron, WMU does not have the time to fill that recruit spot. It's the best move for McCarron but this should have been settled weeks ago.

It's McCarron's life and career, you don't think he's entitled to however much time he wants/needs to decide where he wants to go?

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

To be fair, the draft was two weeks ago. But I agree that the Habs should have called Murray before announcing it, out of respect for him, I mean he did travel to MTL for the dev camp.

PricePkPatch*

He's still young. Those who have became real men in character at that age are few and far between. :D

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Maybe so. It's unclassy because he's not going there...pretty sure Murray would not have minded this unclassy move if he would have chosen his team after all. Decision was made yesterday, I guess Habs should have called them...would not have given Murray too much time to turn around.

Question though....does that affect Mike's chances to be invited because of his 3 uncommitments to American universities.....Cause before Western Michigan, he uncommited to Cornell and another one.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Yes!! Great news! Looking forward to covering him shift-by-shift and writing full game reports, something I miss doing with Galchenyuk and the Sting.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Maybe so. It's unclassy because he's not going there...pretty sure Murray would not have minded this unclassy move if he would have chosen his team after all. Decision was made yesterday, I guess Habs should have called them...would not have given Murray too much time to turn around.

Question though....does that affect Mike's chances to be invited because of his 3 uncommitments to American universities.....Cause before Western Michigan, he uncommited to Cornell and another one.

It'll be an uphill battle I believe, unless he comes out and just dominates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad