Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I would say that he's a lock to make it at some point, if not next wjc's then the following. From what I have read, I would think he stands a decent shot at making the wjc's next year but with lots of open roster spots he's going to need a good summer camp I would think plus a good start to the season and a good winter camp.

If he didn't play in the USNDTP, then I'd say yes it would have been less likely.

I could see him playing for the Habs in preseason action now that he's signed, which he wouldn't have been able to do if he went the NCAA route.

Thanks! I will be super conflicted to see him go up against TC , especially if they disappoint again :laugh:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lost in translation??? "I told the Habs that if they wanted me to go to London, they had to give me a contract first."

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/07/10/une-annonce-ce-matin

I understand what you are saying. Everything is true. We all think the same. Yet, seems that the ultimatum was indeed present. Frankly, I don't care. I mean, when there's a great prospect that you prefer to see him taking a certain route, you do end up giving him a little of what he wants. I'm just surprised, that's all.

lol my bad WS, but i still dont think its truly the HABS decision, but like another said, its interresting..

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Huh...you only get the compensation 2nd if he doesn't sign an ELC.

I believe the rule is, you only get the compensation if he doesn't sign an ELC and has been offered one. Thus if a team wants a chance at this insurance policy they need to offer an ELC.

A player that eventually end up busting, is most likely to turn down an offer soon after the draft. (When he starts to realize he might not make the NHL, he will jump at any ELC). For a player that doesn't bust, this discussion is irrelevant.

Saintpatrick*

Poor McCarron all the pressure that's gonna be put on him as the "only big guy" on the Habs roster.

The lives of everybody depends on you, big boy!

He'll be one of the few men among smurfs.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
5th in wingspan and2nd in upper body power 4kg ball. So not to great given his weight having a good 30 to 35 pounds on almost everyone

Which means that it's scarier for the opponents based on the fact that there's room to grow and strength to gain....Scary.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Which means that it's scarier for the opponents based on the fact that there's room to grow and strength to gain....Scary.

Yeah training with Roberts or subban would truly make him a force out there given that his agility and skating in general improves (even though its pretty good already)

PricePkPatch*

5th in wingspan and2nd in upper body power 4kg ball. So not to great given his weight having a good 30 to 35 pounds on almost everyone

Compared to monsters like Yakimov who actually performed superior to what was expected for their size and weight.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy 5m As far as I can tell, the 2013 draft class is the first since 1997 not to have a player destined for college hockey taken in the first round

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Very intriguing prospect, people should keep there expectations realistic for this year like tinordi in his rookie ohl season. But the year after I fully expect him to be a beast out there, of course assuming that his development curve goes as expected

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy 5m As far as I can tell, the 2013 draft class is the first since 1997 not to have a player destined for college hockey taken in the first round

Helps that there were only 3 Americans taken in the first round.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
In terms of his adjustment to the OHL, I hope he will be a physical force from day 1 using his size and strength. Offensively there will probably be an adjustment period, especially if he isn't on a line with a guy like Domi. My hope is by the 2nd half he is operating around a 0.7-0.8 PPGM pace.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I really hope he doesn't try to fight a veteran in a preseason game to try and appease the fans. A fellow rookie, sure.

White Spy

Spy vs Blades
Jun 26, 2008
I hope he makes a good impression.

We play Boston once in the preseason and you know he'll be in that game. I just hope he's not fullish enough to take on Lucic (if he plays), before he's actually had a little experience fighting.

You can talk all you want about what you want to do... ask Komi who's a big man himself. I just don't want him to lose confidence in himself before even starting his first year junior.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
In terms of his adjustment to the OHL, I hope he will be a physical force from day 1 using his size and strength. Offensively there will probably be an adjustment period, especially if he isn't on a line with a guy like Domi. My hope is by the 2nd half he is operating around a 0.7-0.8 PPGM pace.

Alot of fans would be disapointed with that but I personally would be thrilled. I think he might be what Austin Watson was to the Knights Decent production but his importance to the team goes further then the score sheet they aren't the same type of player but still,from what I hear he has the hockey sense to play on the knights pk and brings size to an average sized forward squad. I am definetly excited hopefully sportsnet covers the knights alot.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
We play Boston once in the preseason and you know he'll be in that game. I just hope he's not fullish enough to take on Lucic (if he plays), before he's actually had a little experience fighting.

You can talk all you want about what you want to do... ask Komi who's a big man himself. I just don't want him to lose confidence in himself before even starting his first year junior.
Worst case scenario I would cry, the management should definetly tell him if he is going to fight anyone it should be a Greg Campbell or zack smith type middleweight , preferably no one just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese