Habs draft Logan Mailloux - Part 3 (MOD post#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Continue here if you really want to.
Last thread: Prospect Info: - At 31st Overall the Habs Select Logan Mailloux - Part 2 (MOD post#1)

Again, no flaming other posters.

NHL Draft prospect Logan Mailloux faces uncertain future after criminal charge in Sweden - Daily Faceoff

Mailloux, now 18, was 17 and a minor at the time of the incident. Because he was a minor, Mailloux has given Daily Faceoff permission to publish details of the case – which was not a secret in the hockey world. Though he was not publicly identified until now, Mailloux’s offense did make news in Sweden. He says he was interviewed by 26 NHL teams in the lead up to the Draft and each one of them asked him about the incident.
The victim, then an 18-year-old female, was not a minor at the time of the incident. Daily Faceoff does not identify victims in sex-related crimes.
According to a 48-page investigation report from Sweden’s North Region Polisen, which was obtained by Daily Faceoff, Mailloux secretly photographed the victim without her consent or knowledge while engaging in oral sex.
The next day, Mailloux shared the photo in the SK Lejon team group chat on SnapChat during a bus ride to a road game. According to the investigation, the victim was not identified in the photo. A witness interviewed said in the investigation that the photo only made visible “the hair of the girl … you saw that it was a girl, and you glimpsed bra straps,” according to the report.
But when Mailloux shared the photo to SK Lejon teammates, according to the report, he also sent a screenshot of the victim’s online profile, which identified her to teammates by displaying her photo, first name and age.

Mailloux was not arrested by Swedish Polisen. Mailloux was ultimately charged with both defamation and “Kränkande fotografering,” or offensive photography, and ordered to pay 14,300 Swedish krona, approximately $1,650 U.S. Dollars, by way of a criminal injunction that relieved the matter from the court system. Offensive photography became illegal in Sweden in 2013, banning secretly photographing or filming someone in a private place. The penalty is a fine or a maximum of up to two years in Sweden.
According to the investigation report, Mailloux did not dispute the facts laid out in the case. The Belle River, Ont., native also confessed to the facts in a series of text messages with the victim, which were included in the report as evidence. The photo itself was not reproduced in evidence.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
6'3 212 RD hopefully he shows he was worth being picked in spite of the baggage he brings.

I am hoping he becomes a terrific player and an even better citizen.

Good luck young man...you have some obstacles to overcome.

From this post forward I will only comment on his play. The baggage has been beat to death.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I've refrained from speaking on the events. I'd rather focus on the player. But the one thing I will say regarding the off-ice story is that I sincerely hope the Canadiens use this to be part of the solution.
as i said sooner, the day before the draft, nobody was talking about this kind of crime. Today thousands of fans have done it and it will continue. In one single day, the number of people now aware of it can help to prevent other kids or men to have the same behaviour one day, because they could realize the gravity and the consequences of it, for the women, their family and for the person doing it .

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This is 100% sexual abuse.

Secret cameras are disgusting. That's what this was.

Public shaming is worse. He hid the fact that he'd taken this and then had the psychopathic urge to TAG her social media on it, against her wishes, for the purpose of humiliating her.

This is sick stuff, not even remotely what your little Johnny and Mary do when they play show-me-yours-and-I'll-show-you-mine on snapchat. This is not even remotely "whoops I didn't think about it" -- if you didn't think about it, you'd tell her to f***ing smile when you pulled out the camera, shithead. If you didn't think about it, you wouldn't f***ing hide this from her until the moment you'd tagged her social media.

People commit suicide over this kind of shit. Yes, they do.

A three-sentence text message is not an apology, and the victim has said as much.

Six months older and in Canada, he'd be charged with a crime that carries up to five years in prison.

Instead -- maybe because he was a foreign national and it wasn't worth anybody's bother-- he paid a fine about equal to his plane ticket.

He said he didn't want to be drafted AFTER going through the whole interview process. Which means he had every intent to win people over until a couple days before the draft. His statement reeks of covering his ass because he's afraid the whole league would blacklist him.

Bergevin is basically minimizing this and defending the kid's right to move forward with no significant consequences or restitution made. "A second chance" means doing something to fix your mess, and nobody has said a f***ing word about anything Logan may ever do to that effect. All we've gotten from the Habs is garbage about "maturing," "being on a journey," "being here for him to grow," as though f***ing a drunk chick in the mouth so you can secretly photograph her and publicly shame her is some Tolkien-esque journey where you need a brave Fellowship to accompany you to Mount Millionaire. We're taking a sick shithead and setting him up for a nice mid six figures salary so that he can pay off anybody he abuses in the future.

A disgusting contingent here is basically minimizing sex abuse because they hope to get a decent top 4 defensemen for their favorite team out of it.

And an even worse contingent is basically blaming the victim, to which all I can say is that when the day comes that you or someone you love suffers from sexual abuse, you better remember all the f***s you gave for consequences today.

For those who are all about moving on immediately to what his second chance has to look like, (a) his second chance doesn't have to look like ANYTHING in f***ing professional sports, (b) he should not even think about showing up to camp until he makes some serious restitution, in a public way, that convinces people that he actually understands what a sick f***ing thing that was and is working to make right by the girl (who gets NOTHING -- let's be clear here -- "hopefully justice is served to the girl" I keep reading as though the spirit of the lord is going to bless her with lucky lottery numbers -- she gets f*** ALL in this and you know it) and to defeat the culture that makes other sick f***ing pricks think they can get away with this shit --

And if not, a f***ing mob of fans ought to show up to rookie camp with signs about sexual abuse and demanding Bergevin's resignation.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Continue here if you really want to.
Last thread: Prospect Info: - At 31st Overall the Habs Select Logan Mailloux - Part 2 (MOD post#1)

Again, no flaming other posters.
Treb , may i suggest that you add the real fact here because being accused of sharing a picture without a consent of a consensual sexual act ( picture didn't show nudity or the face of the woman ) is a crime, but i saw a lot of members talking falsely about rape, sexual assault or violence. Maybe it could help to reduce over- reactions from those who don't know the facts

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Treb , may i suggest that you add the real fact here because being accused of sharing a picture without a consent of a consensual sexual act ( picture didn't show nudity or the face of the woman ) is a crime, but i saw a lot of members talking falsely about rape, sexual assault or violence. Maybe it could help to reduce over- reactions from those who don't know the facts

If you're going to do that to try and minimize reactions, you should also note that she woman was drunk, was recorded secretly, was not made aware that he had this image, and was tagged by her social media handle when he shared it.

Those aren't whoops details. Those are f***ing malevolent.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Public shaming is worse. He hid the fact that he'd taken this and then had the psychopathic urge to TAG her social media on it, against her wishes, for the purpose of humiliating her.

This is sick stuff, not even remotely what your little Johnny and Mary do when they play show-me-yours-and-I'll-show-you-mine on snapchat. This is not even remotely "whoops I didn't think about it" -- if you didn't think about it, you'd tell her to f***ing smile when you pulled out the camera, shithead. If you didn't think about it, you wouldn't f***ing hide this from her until the moment you'd tagged her social media.

A three-sentence text message is not an apology, and the victim has said as much.

Six months older and in Canada, he'd be charged with a crime that carries up to five years in prison.

Instead -- maybe because he was a foreign national and it wasn't worth anybody's bother-- he paid a fine about equal to his plane ticket.

He said he didn't want to be drafted AFTER going through the whole interview process. Which means he had every intent to win people over until a couple days before the draft. His statement reeks of covering his ass because he's afraid the whole league would blacklist him.

Bergevin is basically minimizing this and defending the kid's right to move forward with no significant consequences or restitution made. "A second chance" means doing something to fix your mess, and nobody has said a f***ing word about anything Logan may ever do to that effect. All we've gotten from the Habs is garbage about "maturing," "being on a journey," "being here for him to grow," as though f***ing a drunk chick in the mouth so you can secretly photograph her and publicly shame her is some Tolkien-esque journey where you need a brave Fellowship to accompany you to Mount Millionaire. We're taking a sick shithead and setting him up for a nice mid six figures salary so that he can pay off anybody he abuses in the future.

A disgusting contingent here is basically minimizing sex abuse because they hope to get a decent top 4 defensemen for their favorite team out of it.

And an even worse contingent is basically blaming the victim, to which all I can say is that when the day comes that you or someone you love suffers from sexual abuse, you better remember all the f***s you gave for consequences today.

For those who are all about moving on immediately to what his second chance has to look like, (a) his second chance doesn't have to look like ANYTHING in f***ing professional sports, (b) he should not even think about showing up to camp until he makes some serious restitution, in a public way, that convinces people that he actually understands what a sick f***ing thing that was and is working to make right by the girl (who gets NOTHING -- let's be clear here -- "hopefully justice is served to the girl" I keep reading as though the spirit of the lord is going to bless her with lucky lottery numbers -- she gets f*** ALL in this and you know it) and to defeat the culture that makes other sick f***ing pricks think they can get away with this shit --

And if not, a f***ing mob of fans ought to show up to rookie camp with signs about sexual abuse and demanding Bergevin's resignation.
You are so far of the reality. If the facts were as wrong as you are describing them, The Sweden court would have been a lot, lot more severe on him. He was fined for less than 3500$ if i remember correctly.

Take the time to read thee real story.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
If you're going to do that to try and minimize reactions, you should also note that she woman was drunk, was recorded secretly, was not made aware that he had this image, and was tagged by her social media handle when he shared it.

i suggest to put the real facts to avoid the over-reactions . Thanks to prove my point
It's up to the mod to find the real accusations as they have been made by the Sweden Court.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
That is 1 source about what teams MIGHT have done. Strange how nobody else came out saying that they would have done it. If they would have make the pick, why not say that he would have been fair game to you?

NHL Draft prospect Logan Mailloux faces uncertain future after criminal charge in Sweden - Daily Faceoff

According to Frank Seravalli, the journalist who wrote the article, 26 teams interviewed him and asked him about what happened... It's pretty clear that another team was going to draft him.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
You are so far of the reality. If the facts were as wrong as you are describing them, The Sweden court would have been a lot, lot more severe on him. He was fined for less than 3500$ if i remember correctly.

Take the time to read thee real story.

1650$ USD to be exact.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009

In some countries the photo would be considered evidence for sexual conduct with a minor also.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I would ask my question again, to people who did not want the Habs to draft him.

If McDavid did something similar and you had the chance to draft him, would you pass on him ?

@Andy why would the league do that ? It happened before ?

Logan was eligible to be drafted, Habs are high on him, they took him.

Reactions: Tyson and Gamimenos

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I would ask my question again, to people who did not want the Habs to draft him.

If McDavid did something similar and you had the chance to draft him, would you pass on him ?

@Andy why would the league do that ? It happened before ?

Logan was eligible to be drafted, Habs are high on him, they took him.

Ab-so-f***ing-lutely.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Teenagers have a tendency to identify their recent conquest to their friends, either via name (if the other know her) or via social profiles. I do not believe this was done with a malicious intent, unless you want to believe a very big proportion of teenagers/young adults are malevolent. To be clear, it's also not something that should be done, but calling it malicious is just not understanding how people of those age work. It's more an ego thing than a malicious thing.

To be clear, I do agree the picture was not something to do morally and legally. It was defamation and offensive photography.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and 1909

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada

I don't care. Give me the higher upside guy every day.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

According to Frank Seravalli, the journalist who wrote the article, 26 teams interviewed him and asked him about what happened... It's pretty clear that another team was going to draft him.

Tell me this...when did he ask to be removed from the draft? Are you then telling me that teams interviewed him AFTER he got out with not wanting to be drafted? Really?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
In some countries the photo would be considered evidence for sexual conduct with a minor also.
Not really considering that the picture doesn't show anything that makes them identifiable ; Hairs, bra strap and well you know ...a portion of the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad