Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Jacob De La Rose with the 34th overall pick (info in OP)

Simonster

Jul 23, 2013
I clearly said black on white if you had taken the time to scroll down the page under what you had initially quoted, that Leksand did not need to surrender their rights on the player and adhere to Montreal's wishes. I'm "trying to make of (your) statement" that you shouldn't come on another board and claim posts are "ignorant" instead of "disagreeing" with a post without taking time to figure out the context.

I did scroll and I did read. It sure seemed to me that you acknowledged the fact that 'Montreal doesn't have the power' but still held the opinion that they should be the ones to decide. But hey, maybe I misunderstood a bit and you only referred to Montreal being the only ones with any interest in his development (which I still don't quite agree with, but fair enough). My apologies if this is the case, it happens all to easily when communicating like this. It doesn't change much of what I've written today though.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LahAgCaPSJQ

I think he's got legit offensive upside. Those were nice goals he scored. Goal scorer's goals I dare say. This kid could be like a mix between Eller and Patches (not the greatest comparison) but with a lesser offensive ceiling.

At the same time some of his goals are more impressive than I've seen from Eller or Patches so who knows. I think he'll be very solid at the very least but a better ceiling than most might think.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Jacob is the second de la Rose in the Habs organization, the first one was Clau. As a matter of fact, Clau was petty much the player Jacob is projected to be. Those de la Rose are all the same.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Jacob is the second de la Rose in the Habs organization, the first one was Clau. As a matter of fact, Clau was petty much the player Jacob is projected to be. Those de la Rose are all the same.

Nice first post. ;) I believe he was scouted by a Clau as well... Clau de Ruel.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

*Instant rimshot*

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nice first post. ;) I believe he was scouted by a Clau as well... Clau de Ruel.

I must admit I actually expected a Clau de Provost comment instead.

Speaking of which, would a guy like Provost be considered an undesirable midget nowadays?

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Provost was so strong that I can't see his size playing against him. But his choppy style skating could make it hard for him today.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Unless the player is a top 5 pick, everybody on HFboards calls the player a 3rd liner. MaxPac was called a third liner. Gallagher was called AHL fodder.

There are some people that shown Wayne Gretzky as a junior said he couldn't play in the NHL. No accounting for the total amount of people that post that don't watch hockey or maybe three games a year since last year.:laugh::laugh::sarcasm::shakehead Oh yeah this is the Jacob De la Rose thread and I'm lovin it, this kid is going to wow in a few years. I for one can't wait for his rookie season, that may be our first SC in twenty three years.

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac
There are some people that shown Wayne Gretzky as a junior said he couldn't play in the NHL. No accounting for the total amount of people that post that don't watch hockey or maybe three games a year since last year.:laugh::laugh::sarcasm::shakehead Oh yeah this is the Jacob De la Rose thread and I'm lovin it, this kid is going to wow in a few years. I for one can't wait for his rookie season, that may be our first SC in twenty three years.

Could not agree more, quite possibly our best pick in the last 20 years.
Galchenyuk well be awesome as well, pk, gallagher, patches etc.
But none of them brings what DLR will bring.
DLR is the kind of guy that wins you championships!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Could not agree more, quite possibly our best pick in the last 20 years.
Galchenyuk well be awesome as well, pk, gallagher, patches etc.
But none of them brings what DLR will bring.
DLR is the kind of guy that wins you championships!

Better than Galchenyuk?! I thought I was a DLR fanboy.
Do you just mean his grit?

JonathanToews19clutc*

Jacob de la Rose look like a Gabriel Landeskog but with less offense. (35-50 points.)

Last edited by a moderator:

JonathanToews19clutc*

Be honest , how many times have you watched De La Rose play?

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/fucale-un-reve-de-petit-gars-249629.html

Et à qui peut-on le comparer? «Je crois que je joue comme Gabriel Landeskog. Je suis moins offensif, mais je suis un joueur responsable défensivement», a relaté le jeune suédois.

And who can we compare? "I think I play like Gabriel Landeskog. I am less offensive, but I am a responsible player defensively"

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/fucale-un-reve-de-petit-gars-249629.html

Et à qui peut-on le comparer? «Je crois que je joue comme Gabriel Landeskog. Je suis moins offensif, mais je suis un joueur responsable défensivement», a relaté le jeune suédois.

And who can we compare? "I think I play like Gabriel Landeskog. I am less offensive, but I am a responsible player defensively"

To be fair, you didn't say that that's what he said. You said that he looked a certain way, implying you've formed that opinion on your own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad