Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Flames.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki... wow. Kid is playing incredible hockey right now, fun to see.

Romanov... Evans... also playing well, which is great.

Good win. Nice to see the competitiveness even if the points are unfortunate/counter productive.

The non-tank side of me thinks the line combinations may come together. Hoffman and Toffoli is interesting. I think Suzuki should get 2 of Hoffman, Toffoli and Gallagher. whoever one of those three isn't with Suzuki should be with Dvorak and Drouin. - or maybe Dvorak steps into Danault's shoes on a line that had success last year in the postseason as a 2-way line: Evans-Dvorak-Gallagher. Then Drouin centers Anderson and Armia or Perreault on the 3rd line... Anyways Hoffman-Suzuki-Toffoli may be a legit offensive line. Gotta get a 2nd one going though. Maybe Drouin-Dvorak-Caufield or Caufield-Dvorak-Gallagher.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The non-tank side of me thinks the line combinations may come together. Hoffman and Toffoli is interesting. I think Suzuki should get 2 of Hoffman, Toffoli and Gallagher. whoever one of those three isn't with Suzuki should be with Dvorak and Drouin. - or maybe Dvorak steps into Danault's shoes on a line that had success last year in the postseason as a 2-way line: Evans-Dvorak-Gallagher. Then Drouin centers Anderson and Armia or Perreault on the 3rd line... Anyways Hoffman-Suzuki-Toffoli may be a legit offensive line. Gotta get a 2nd one going though. Maybe Drouin-Dvorak-Caufield or Caufield-Dvorak-Gallagher.

Thing is, all of those options has 22 yr old Suzuki as by far the best talent on his line...

He's developing into the type of player that can carry a line, no doubt... but man would it be nice to see what he could do with legit elite talent to play with instead of mediocre fillers.

Hoff, Toff, Gally... all nice players at their best, but none of them are elite/top tier caliber talents.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I really wonder how are the players feeling right now. Suzuki and Toffoli genuinely looked happy after the first goal.

Are they still hopeful that they can make the playoff?

Does some of them have already checked out in their mind?
WhT do you want them to do….?? Break their sticks over the crossbar after they score??

i don’t think they are thinking playoffs right now, probably more putting some wins together and feeling good about their game.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Flames suck and are just Montreal west. A team that's needed to rebuild forever but never sticks to the plan, prioritizes two way play above offense and never has a star.

after a Habs win…..

tenor.gif

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Habs have been noticeably better in the last 2 weeks and frankly deserved a bit better overall. Personally I’m not ready to hop in the tank train just yet. Especially since there’s still some key guys missing.

Below is the all situation expected goal diff. I hadn’t look at that statistic yet this season but that’s the kind of graph I was expecting with my eye test.

upload_2021-11-12_7-15-54.png

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Noticeable all over the ice, he's really fast.
Evans is one of the many players who’s faster without the puck than with it. He’s very effective on both the forecheck and backcheck. On several occasions last night Evans’ back pressure broke up potentially dangerous Flames’ rushes.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
how ironic is it that the one team we could not compete with in the canadian division becomes the first good team we beat this year.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad