Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Bedard in Home Opener.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Pregame was terrible. its like they told them they would have a presentation at noon and no rehersal.

Bedard is the new golden child and its annoying.

Take the win, but habs aren't a playoff team, despite leaf friends say they are.
While we aren't of the same tier as playoff teams, our system of defending in our zone is going to cause us to give up a lot of goals. On the pk we aren't challenging the point at all and that's strange because most teams do it to us and I wonder what the thought process was when deciding to play that way? We will continue to give up 30-40 shots a night if it continues.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
3rd in our division......we take what we can, when we can:sarcasm:

View attachment 753190
.750 record. I can see that holding until da playoffs :D

I don't know who picks them this year.
Probably the same people that planned the opening ceremony.

While we aren't of the same tier as playoff teams, our system of defending in our zone is going to cause us to give up a lot of goals. On the pk we aren't challenging the point at all and that's strange because most teams do it to us and I wonder what the thought process was when deciding to play that way? We will continue to give up 30-40 shots a night if it continues.
Monty will go from chunky to very skinny ;)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Three 6v5 goals given up in two games. Robidas may clue in to the fact that Savard/Matheson is not the answer. Kovacevic /Ghule is. I loved Kaiden Ghule's game last evening better forays into the Ozone than Matheson and just that one bad luck bounce off his skate though he was in great position defensively. He is our Best Defender without a doubt and our budding #1.

Last edited:

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Yes. And tons of changes were made. We have Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Guhle, Xhekaj, RHP, Slaf in the lineup

Mailloux, Hutson, Reinbacher, Roy, maybe Farrell, Heineman coming

Future is bright, give it time. We all knew how this was going to go: slow
On top of that, Hughes got rid of alot of deadweight and acquired a bunch of assets that will give him the power needed to make a big trade along the way.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Dach injury extra sucks because C is the only position where we don't even have any interesting prospects to call up.

Kinda makes me want another C next draft
At the same time, a C-Line of Suzuki Monahan Newhook wouldn’t be a disaster and in fact better than most C-Line we had the last 20yrs. But yeah, loosing Dach long term would suck badly

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
A note...Marty should not be putting our two vets together on D. We have a young D squad, let's spread things out. I don't get his logic there.
Yeah, Guhle-Savard look better together, and Matheson with Kovacevic would be more balanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
There was also Gallagher’s expanded bald spot, visible at the end of the pre-game ceremony. It has somehow taken the shape of a rectangle.

In honor of that moment …

OBQtFEp.gif

:sarcasm:
Look man, attack the on ice product, not the hairline. GROW UP RUNNER!!!11

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It's real hahah wow

qntsx3vyipb7o22j1ziq.jpg

Welp I'm team Connie.

lgurrgzv7ofihkroqsvp.png

Connie​

Neighborhood: Old Montreal​

Connie is cultured, refined, and quick on her feet. Hailing from Old Montreal – a popular hangout spot for the city’s community of cones – she's always on the run. Whether on her way to work, to a function, or the post-function party, count on Connie to typically arrive right on time: fashionably late.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
not sure why they boo the kid. I really feel that is out of line.
Heard the first boos on a PP (could be wrong) andI think that the minding is to try to get the young kid off his game, right or wrong?

Gotta think some meatheads are there in the stands as well who didn't think through that android it just as sheep, or from a lack of class to begin with.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Look man, attack the on ice product, not the hairline. GROW UP RUNNER!!!11
If you're Irish, you end up going bald, or, at least, with that monk hairdo. Fact of life. Living it myself and it's only 12.5% Irish blood. :)

What’s the scoop on Curvy Duck today?
Not releasing anything yet, I don't think. Also looking for some news on that. Importantinfofor next draft ;)

Reactions: FloJack

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
If you're Irish, you end up going bald, or, at least, with that monk hairdo. Fact of life. Living it myself and it's only 12.5% Irish blood. :)

Not releasing anything yet, I don't think. Also looking for some news on that. Importantinfofor next draft ;)
I am like 75% Irish. I am older than Gallagher and fairing better, but watching it change is tough. But at the end of the day, first world problem and I am happy to joke about everything, especially myself. Which I guess is also a pretty Irish trait? It's also become a joke I make on here due to some fun interactions with @OldCraig71. So I play up the defence and sadness of balding.

Regardless, people have far worse things going on health wise than hair loss. I will count my stars and knock on wood for the time being.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Romanov never got injured. And he hit like a truck. Just say in’ ;)

I am like 75% Irish. I am older than Gallagher and fairing better, but watching it change is tough. But at the end of the day, first world problem and I am happy to joke about everything, especially myself. Which I guess is also a pretty Irish trait?

Regardless, people have far worse things going on health wise than hair loss. I will count my stars and knock on wood for the time being.
There are things that involve probing. I’m not a fan.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Romanov never got injured. And he hit like a truck. Just say in’ ;)
I’d do it again, tell you the truth. It’s a great trade, we don’t have anyone close to a Dach (big C, puck possession player, etc) in the system anyway.

I know it’s tongue in cheek and for fun. Don’t sweat it, he’ll be ok. We are due for some form of luck injury wise… I mean someday our players won’t be the ones to break every single man’s lost every year :laugh:

Reactions: The Real Timo

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I am like 75% Irish. I am older than Gallagher and fairing better, but watching it change is tough. But at the end of the day, first world problem and I am happy to joke about everything, especially myself. Which I guess is also a pretty Irish trait? It's also become a joke I make on here due to some fun interactions with @OldCraig71. So I play up the defence and sadness of balding.

I also think that self-derision is an Irish trait. It actually belies confidence to be able to do that. Plus, it's endearing, more so than just poking fun at others.

• Love
Reactions: FloJack

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Hey guys, coming in peace etc. despite the avatar :laugh:

Just seen the highlights, seems like your lot looked better against the Hawks for most of the game than the Bruins! Was wondering though, was there any particular reason for booing Bedard? Or just, like, out of principle? I'm admittedly grunching here.
You play in the NHL like that they boo you. Right away. No trial, no nothing. Elite players, we have a special boo for elite players. You are stealing the puck: right to boo'd. You are playing music too loud in the Habs locker room: boo'd, but a few years later, after leaving the team. Skating too fast: boo'd. Slow: boo'd. You are charging too high prices for sweaters: boo'd. You drafted Fischer? Believe it or not, boo'd. You left Montreal to play somewhere else, also boo'd. Personal decision or simply not extended. Underpaid, overpaid. You want to sign with Montreal but Bergevin doesn't like you, believe it or not, boo'd, right away. We have the best fans in the world because of boo'd. :sarcasm:

But yeah, mostly a weird kind of compliment most of the time. However, if a Bruins get boo'd at the Bell, it is probably not a compliment :laugh: (mayyyybe for Bergeron, definitely not for Chara back in the day!).

.750 record. I can see that holding until da playoffs :D
This record is as sustainable as RHP's S% from last season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad