Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Bedard in Home Opener.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
3rd in our division......we take what we can, when we can:sarcasm:

1697370145812.png

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Monahan:
-Scores the GWG
-Gets a 4-minute penalty in the last minute
-Gets first star
-Leaves the ice without a word, Caufield for the interview

About the game:
-The player intro was meh
-Caufield is magical
-Nice shot by Laser T. Pearson
-Two goals and no star for Johnson?
-Bedard was all right, but damn is he alone on his team lol
-Ugly third period
-HABS WIN!!!
Great summary! Would like to add that the collapsing defence on the pk was a horror to watch, and our inability to exit our zone and to maintain any kind of puck possession against the arguably worst team in the league was excruciating. (I had thought I would be happy if they just played hard, even if they lost, but seeing the discombobulated play in our zone made me unhappy despite the apparent effort. The goals helped the mood but ..)

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
It’s been an issue two nights in a row. Two games that should be easy wins with the late leads and then they don’t know how to defend. Guys aren’t talented enough after Guhle and Matheson.
The issue may not be talent, it may be coaching. Why the passive pk?

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We let off the gas too early in that one and it gave the Hawks some life and we won in regulation by an inch after the Hawks hit the post. As for Bedard, he's a rookie but I don't put him in the same category as Crosby or McDavid, he wasn't controlling the pace or the play 5 on5. He's more of a new Patrick Kane for the Hawks, just my opinion.

We really need a defensive forward line and if the intention was to have Monahan, Pearson and Gallagher be that, we need to go back to the drawing board. I felt that RHP was our best forward, the guy is a utility knife of a player, can slot in anywhere, and be effective.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
I feel he looks much better so far then last year in preseason and the couple reg games
, while he's still a little lost out there at times he's a little bit more noticeable couple hits actually shooting the puck and some nice passes still need a year or 2 to gain confidence
Slaf spends a lot of time skating aimlessly with one hand on his stick. He could learn a lot from RHP: put two hands on your stick, bend your knees and go hard.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Hey guys, coming in peace etc. despite the avatar :laugh:

Just seen the highlights, seems like your lot looked better against the Hawks for most of the game than the Bruins! Was wondering though, was there any particular reason for booing Bedard? Or just, like, out of principle? I'm admittedly grunching here.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Incidently, as the bald spot got bigger over time, his performances got worse.

Could propecia fix Gally's scoring woes?
Interesting correlation.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid nothing will ever fix this:

Our posters were taken aback by her « performance ». Notably, @OldCraig71 underscored her signature mangled words, « by the doberly light » and now I can’t unhear them.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I hope Dach is alright. Anybody have any update?

As for Slafkovsky, the usual crowd of hateful commentators are certainly more quiet tonight than they were after the first game where Slaf made that nifty pass for the assist. Over-hyping our own player to our own fanbase seems to me to be a big waste of time and sets the player up to be hated by a portion of the fans in case he ever disappoints... but let's see it play out...

TBF, Slaf was quite invisible tonight but it is what it is. Everyone has off nights. I love Suzuki and can also be critical of his play.

That said…

Honestly, if a fefan wants to hate on a player because our own fan base loves him, well, that’s on the the fefan. Don’t like a player? Fine. Don’t like him because he’s beloved by a portion of the fanbase? That’s pretty pathetic and petty IMO.

End of the day, we won but it was ugly in the third. This is a very teachable game now so hopefully the team can build from this. That’s twice now we’ve completely let up in the third, but Chicago was too trash to complete the comback.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
TBF, Slaf was quite invisible tonight but it is what it is. Everyone has off nights. I love Suzuki and can also be critical of his play.

That said…

Honestly, if a fefan wants to hate on a player because our own fan base loves him, well, that’s on the the fefan. Don’t like a player? Fine. Don’t like him because he’s beloved by a portion of the fanbase? That’s pretty pathetic and petty IMO.

End of the day, we won but it was ugly in the third. This is a very teachable game now so hopefully the team can build from this. That’s twice now we’ve completely let up in the third, but Chicago was too trash to complete the comback.
Mentioned in the Slaf thread, he was ok last night, but the terrible flow with all the penalties killed his TOI.
Habs intro, was beyond awful.............no big deal at all, and Sportsnet was a circle jerk of Bedard, and the habs just happened to be there.
Let's hope Dach was not inured badly??

Reactions: Pomee and SlafySZN

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Just seen the highlights, seems like your lot looked better against the Hawks for most of the game than the Bruins! Was wondering though, was there any particular reason for booing Bedard? Or just, like, out of principle? I'm admittedly grunching here.
It's a staple of Habs fans in the Bell center really. If you don't get booed in the building, you don't matter :laugh:.

Do I like it? No, I think it serves no purpose. But it is what it is. Great players get booed early on in their careers, but somewhere down the line, these guys will get cheered when they become legends and do something worthy of hype. Take it like it's a form of rite of passage.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Interesting correlation.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid nothing will ever fix this:

Our posters were taken aback by her « performance ». Notably, @OldCraig71 underscored her signature mangled words, « by the doberly light » and now I can’t unhear them.

doberly will be in the next edition of the dictionary. It will defined as mangling a national anthem.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Meh. But Fleury in Montreal is good.

Reading the PGT it feels like we lost :laugh:

Pezzetta is probably in. Would love Roy tho.

Slaf was good again tonight. Bowled down 2 players with one hit behind Chicago's net. It's quite obvious he's quite far from his max strength.

Newhook sliding to C was amazing.

What a pass from Anderson to Caufield and that goal. The "we don't have elite talent" crowd is quiet.

22-12-49
20-15-17
70-91-11
55-71-59
Elite talent is players like Mcdavid, Mackinnon, Pasta. That bracket. We have nothing even close to that

Gallagher sucks. Call up Joshua Roy and let him play with Monahan and Pearson.

Guhle is our best D

Allen sucks Montambeault should get 60 games

I would prefer Armia over Gallagher

Gallagher sucks

If you offer me Dach or Slaf to start a team I would take Dach

Slaf will never get over 70 points in his life the dude doesn’t have hockey sense for that

Hutson will be our QB next year and get 50 points

Caufield will score 50 if stay healthy

Kovacevic is crazy underated

Matheson is so damn good mais quel vol en plein jour cet échange là
Slaf is a teenager ffs. Maybe you don't have a clue

Reactions: Pomee

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Here's hoping Dach is simply day-to-day. Really gonna suck if he's as prone to injury as Gord Kluzak.

Prevent defence doesn't work in football, and it definitely doesn't work in hockey anymore. You can't clutch and grab your way to a win, so sitting back and rope a doping simply isn't going to work. You've got to be on your toes. They weren't in the third. They played a near perfect 40 minutes and nearly gave it away.

Gallagher is where plays and puck possession go to die. He didn't look as slow in this game, but outside of Bedard no one on the Hawks plays with the pace that the Leafs do. It's a shame. You can see how much he wants to contribute and how much he cares about his team mates. He bolted to grab the puck after Pearson scored. LTIRetirement can't come soon enough. For now, he's the primary tank commander.

Monte was certainly better than Allen, but I didn't like the first goal. I think he should have been able to pick up that puck in Guhle's feet a lot faster and track it moving to Johnson.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Gallagher was the worst forward on the ice for both clubs and the Blackhawks have like 12 AHL guys playing

Why did this make me feel so emotional. When he said "I'll never forget playing for my favourite team growing up" it was like a gut punch. I genuinely miss the player and the person.
I didn't even know he was a Habs fan growing up

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Just par for the course..if you're important player they boo ya ...nothing personal...If Bedard was a UFA and came to Montreal it would be wild cheers..they Boo'd Crosby(grew up a Habs fan too lol)....McDavid boo'd.....they boo'd.Subban .I think they are trying to throw the players off their game a bit ..

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Love Scorey Perry, wish we could have had him sooner and could have kept him longer. Even in the twilight of his career he has proven to be a valuable player.
That slash he took in the face from Marchessault in the playoffs, and him coming back to celebrate the OT win with half his face hanging by a thread... Picture worth a thousand word.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad