Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Bedard in Home Opener.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’ve always considered the booing of a player at the Bell centre as sign of respect and acknowledgment of their talent.

As well they boo the ex-Habs players back for the first time since the trade etc.

There's two types of booing on Montreal when it comes to visiting players.

There's the booing of superstars, which is a sign of respect for your abilities like they did with jagr

Then there's booing of guys who are complete ass hats. Avery fell in this category.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Guhle had a great game. Whenever he gets a lot of touches, you can just see the confidence run through him.

After Pearson’s goal, he was all over the ice and created two other dangerous chances.

Still the least used defensemen during the game, maybe he’s injured a bit.

What’s interesting is while Guhle had the least amount of ice time for defenceman for the Habs he had the most shifts with 23 which included starting every period.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal

There's the booing of superstars, which is a sign of respect for your abilities like they did with jagr

Then there's booing of guys who are complete ass hats. Avery fell in this category.

I'll add two more.

The player that didn't sign with the Habs: PLD will probably get booed.

The ex habs player: See PK or Drouin probably

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I'll add two more.

The city was extremely delicate with Drouin, I bet they'll cheer him. The whole notion that he got a tough ride is a complete media fabrication. Habs media love to pummel Habs fans as an easy scapegoat for all problems. Drouin's problems were completely his own but the sycophants in Habs media would've never allowed themselves to keep a firm line with Drouin, so they intoned that his underperformance was somehow the fault of 'pressure' placed on him from Habs fans. Total nonsense.

The Habs were never in a position to negotiate with PLD so booing him would just be sour grapes. I booed the heck out of Briere though, back in the day.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'll add two more.

Maybe pld gets boo'd. Thats more of a grey area, but I remember when Briere turned down the Habs to sign with the Flyers. Did they boo him? I don't recall.

Yes, good point on the ex-habs. If they were of any significance while their time in Montreal, they will get a certain reaction when they touch the puck... Most will be boo'd, but an exception would be koivu who was getting heartwarming response everytime he touched the puck.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
7oxGJF6.gif

During the pre-game forum commentary, @KevSkillz4 offered this gem: "It's Ginette Reno from Wish". :sarcasm:

Hey now a Doberman looks good. They don't look like Harpies from Hell.

This represents Montreal so much.

Reactions: FloJack

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They need to put Guhle on the first PP, hes our future god damn it. Matheson wont be in the plans when this team gets into playoffs
I think they need to start by increasing his ES time. Savard, Matheson and Kovacevic are the three most used dmen so far. Granted Savard and Kovacevic got quite a few extra minutes from Xhekaj being in the box vs the Leafs. Guhle should be playing much more regardless.

Reactions: jrom

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They need to put Guhle on the first PP, hes our future god damn it. Matheson wont be in the plans when this team gets into playoffs

They don't have a great option right now. Matheson is probably their best but none of the guys on the main roster possess all the tools you want to see in your QB. There's potentially a couple guys in the pipeline that might fill it, but neither Guhle or matheson will be the primary QB on a contending team.

Reactions: sampollock

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Bell Centre booing handbook:

Good player against Habs? They boo you.
Bad player on Habs? They boo you.
Ex Hab player? They boo you.
Didn't sign with Habs when you could have? They boo you.
Did something shady against a Hab at some point in history? They boo you.
Commissioner of the league? They boo you double.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Not near as rough as it used to be!!

They don't have a great option right now. Matheson is probably their best but none of the guys on the main roster possess all the tools you want to see in your QB. There's potentially a couple guys in the pipeline that might fill it, but neither Guhle or matheson will be the primary QB on a contending team.
Matheson has not been good up to now
Guhle has been much better
Only thing Math did yesterday was the late block
When he's on he's good but when he is not he's terrible

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Yes, this is so obvious, yet you still get some people acting like it's a hate crime.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Alexei Kovalev return to the Bell Center was weird. It started off with fans booing him but Kovalev quickly shut the crowd down by scoring a goal and getting an assist. By the end of the night he got a standing ovation.

Jaroslav Halak got a positive reception for his homecoming. He received a standing ovation after his shutout.

Saku Koivu never got booed and I don’t think the crowd would have dared to boo him. All of his returns to Montreal was also special.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Alexei Kovalev return to the Bell Center was weird. It started off with fans booing him but Kovalev quickly shut the crowd down by scoring a goal and getting an assist. By the end of the night he got a standing ovation.

Jaroslav Halak got a positive reception for his homecoming. He received a standing ovation after his shutout.

Saku Koivu never got booed and I don’t think the crowd would have dared to boo him. All of his returns to Montreal was also special.

Koivu got booed but only in Montreal. lol I don't know if I imagined it but I think he got booed when he had his squirmish with Ribeiro. Bear in mind it wasn't a big boo, just a few dudes in the stands and it lasted about 1 game

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The funny thing is they don't resonate the same. Like not at all.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The city was extremely delicate with Drouin, I bet they'll cheer him. The whole notion that he got a tough ride is a complete media fabrication. Habs media love to pummel Habs fans as an easy scapegoat for all problems. Drouin's problems were completely his own but the sycophants in Habs media would've never allowed themselves to keep a firm line with Drouin, so they intoned that his underperformance was somehow the fault of 'pressure' placed on him from Habs fans. Total nonsense.

The Habs were never in a position to negotiate with PLD so booing him would just be sour grapes. I booed the heck out of Briere though, back in the day.

On top of actually being responsible for some of those problems. It's a typical sociopath move, to scapegoat someone else for the problem they themselves incur.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

It got so bad for Buttman, Serge Savard had to go to bat for old Gary at last year's draft in Montreal to ask the crowd to cheer for him. Eesh.

Not near as rough as it used to be!!

Matheson has not been good up to now
Guhle has been much better
Only thing Math did yesterday was the late block
When he's on he's good but when he is not he's terrible

He was good overall in the offensive zone and the cycle, yesterday.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It got so bad for Buttman, Serge Savard had to go to bat for old Gary at last year's draft in Montreal to ask the crowd to cheer for him. Eesh.

He was good overall in the offensive zone and the cycle, yesterday.
He supplied very little and couldnt get the puck on net--
Dwise - below average

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad