Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Bedard in Home Opener.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Guhle had a great game. Whenever he gets a lot of touches, you can just see the confidence run through him.

After Pearson’s goal, he was all over the ice and created two other dangerous chances.

Still the least used defensemen during the game, maybe he’s injured a bit.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Yes, they are a good team

Meh. But Fleury in Montreal is good.

Reading the PGT it feels like we lost :laugh:

Pezzetta is probably in. Would love Roy tho.

Slaf was good again tonight. Bowled down 2 players with one hit behind Chicago's net. It's quite obvious he's quite far from his max strength.

Newhook sliding to C was amazing.

What a pass from Anderson to Caufield and that goal. The "we don't have elite talent" crowd is quiet.

22-12-49
20-15-17
70-91-11
55-71-59

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Boring game. Kinda sad that the most talked about thing in the GDT was the damn anthem singer lol

Hope Dach isn't out too long.
There was also Gallagher’s expanded bald spot, visible at the end of the pre-game ceremony. It has somehow taken the shape of a rectangle.

In honor of that moment …

OBQtFEp.gif

:sarcasm:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I thought Guhle played good game. Monty was solid. Hope he gets next game. Allen let in couple of softies against Toronto. He costs us that win. Harvey-Pinard was all over the ice, played good game. Move him up in lineup, could be a big scorer. Dach worried about as he been injured so much. Monahan was solid. Having him on third line is good team. We one big scorer away from being a contender.

caufieldbeerman

Jun 21, 2021
Gallagher sucks. Call up Joshua Roy and let him play with Monahan and Pearson.

Guhle is our best D

Allen sucks Montambeault should get 60 games

I would prefer Armia over Gallagher

Gallagher sucks

If you offer me Dach or Slaf to start a team I would take Dach

Slaf will never get over 70 points in his life the dude doesn’t have hockey sense for that

Hutson will be our QB next year and get 50 points

Caufield will score 50 if stay healthy

Kovacevic is crazy underated

Matheson is so damn good mais quel vol en plein jour cet échange là

Reactions: Canad13ns

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I thought Guhle played good game. Monty was solid. Hope he gets next game. Allen let in couple of softies against Toronto. He costs us that win. Harvey-Pinard was all over the ice, played good game. Move him up in lineup, could be a big scorer. Dach worried about as he been injured so much. Monahan was solid. Having him on third line is good team. We one big scorer away from being a contender.
bro you saying that we need 1 more forward that we are ready to compete against the stanley cup champions.

Bro that def is horrendous , the goalies are bad , we probably need atleast 2 top 6 player still and we have an abysmal bottom 6.

We almost fumbled against Toronto and we almost threw against probably the worst team in the league. We won that'S cool but man reaching that we are 1 forward away lmao.

We are like last season , our Schedule in October is a joke , also 6 games at home in the first 8 in October. We already have a potential big injury in Dach.

I want the kids to do good but this team is not ready at all to compete. It's october afterall where Vancouver beats Edmonton twice and people think Edmonton won't make playoffs.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If you offer me Dach or Slaf to start a team I would take Dach

Slaf will never get over 70 points in his life the dude doesn’t have hockey sense for that
I hope Dach is alright. Anybody have any update?

As for Slafkovsky, the usual crowd of hateful commentators are certainly more quiet tonight than they were after the first game where Slaf made that nifty pass for the assist. Over-hyping our own player to our own fanbase seems to me to be a big waste of time and sets the player up to be hated by a portion of the fans in case he ever disappoints... but let's see it play out...

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Game should not have been that close at the end...

Habs looked good for the majority of the game.

Losing Dach would really suck. Best player so far this season.
Agree. It concerns me especially much because Slafkovsky kinda disappeared too after Dach went out. They seemed to have formed quite a bit of chemistry.

The better team won tonight but it looks like they have a tendency to cave in when they seem to have the game in complete control. Luckily it was Chicago, Matthews and Marner would've steamrolled over us with the way we played at the end again.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Are people aware that when Slaf sometimes disappears for 10 minutes its because he is literally sitting on the bench because of all these PKs and PPs?

Its PP - Slaf is out
Its PK - Slaf is out
Its 4vs4 - Slaf is out
Its 3vs3 - Slaf is out
Its empty net for either team- Slaf is out

Reactions: Pomee

caufieldbeerman

Jun 21, 2021
Are people aware that when Slaf sometimes disappears for 10 minutes its because he is literally sitting on the bench because of all these PKs and PPs?

Its PP - Slaf is out
Its PK - Slaf is out
Its 4vs4 - Slaf is out
Its 3vs3 - Slaf is out
Its empty net for either team- Slaf is out
Yeah but if he was that good he would be on the PP but he is not. I will be surprise if he puts 30 goals and 30 assists one day.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Agree. It concerns me especially much because Slafkovsky kinda disappeared too after Dach went out. They seemed to have formed quite a bit of chemistry.

The better team won tonight but it looks like they have a tendency to cave in when they seem to have the game in complete control. Luckily it was Chicago, Matthews and Marner would've steamrolled over us with the way we played at the end again.
The habs don’t have a shutdown line or a shutdown pairing. I’d like to see RHP out there with the net empty. Pure defense is feeble, as Therrien proved, even with good defensive players, but they need another physical shutdown D and a big physical defensive forward or two.

It’s good tanking strategy, defense first players are usually available.

Last edited:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I think you're referring to a different moment. The one I'm talking about it was definitely Slaf
It was the shift after an icing, he was alone with 3 hawks, and his "snow shower" was to the left of the goalie. He got the f out of there - no big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad