Post-Game Talk: Habs Crown Kings in SO & Win 5-4!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Patch didn't carry us in any way at all today. Or at any point this season.

He was gift wrapped a goal by Radulov, and got lucky on a deflection.

He also took a bad penalty, and bailed on a bunch of plays.. made no look pass to no one on zone entries.. and was just generally awful if you watched the game and didn't just stat watch.

You could argue that Pacioretty has never carried this team outside of goal scoring and if that dries up he looks like he has no effort or is gutless but in reality he is not good at much else. He needs to play with a player like Radulov in order to produce, he is not capable to create much but he can shoot the puck with the best of them.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You could argue that Pacioretty has never carried this team outside of goal scoring and if that dries up he looks like he has no effort or is gutless but in reality he is not good at much else. He needs to play with a player like Radulov in order to produce, he is not capable to create much but he can shoot the puck with the best of them.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The best summary of Patches I've read to date.

You deserve a cigar and if you don't smoke at least a redhead.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Caught the game live this afternoon, plenty of Habs' fans in attendance and it was pretty damn entertaining. Radulov alone was worth the price of admission. He is such a beast at protecting the puck and his puck skills are insane. Hope AG will be alright because those 3 have the potential to be dominant as a line offensively. Defensively? We'll see... Overall felt like a pretty even match, though I'd give the edge to the Habs' in overall play. Some glaring defensive lapses and some perfect snipes by Doughty/Carter enabled the Kings' to get 4 past CP. Both teams were playing at a pretty fast pace and it certainly wasn't the type of game I was expecting from either. All in all, glad to see them take the two points.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Is Galchenyuk injured leg/knee the same he injured in junior when he missed a whole year ?

I'm a bit worried right now

It was his Left knee he tore the ACL in, ...and did NOT pop back up like that video

hopefully just a charley horse, or a sprained knee which could be a few weeks

ROCKZO

Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!
Oct 28, 2006
San Diego
I decided to let the steam out a bit before reading any of the comments.

I trust in Pacioretty and I know he'll get the ball rolling from this point on ... right ?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Emelin credited with 8 hits.

Pacioretty second goal on the PP came after Emelin pitch in the offensive zone drew a penalty on Gallagher, he definitely played a good game even though he got burned on the Lewis breakaway

I thought Emelin was our best dman tonight. Weber, Markov and Petry all had their ups and downs. Barberio was bad. Pateryn was decent.

Maybe we see Redmond next game.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Patch didn't carry us in any way at all today. Or at any point this season.

He was gift wrapped a goal by Radulov, and got lucky on a deflection.

He also took a bad penalty, and bailed on a bunch of plays.. made no look pass to no one on zone entries.. and was just generally awful if you watched the game and didn't just stat watch.
You mean like stat watching Price's numbers?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I decided to let the steam out a bit before reading any of the comments.

I trust in Pacioretty and I know he'll get the ball rolling from this point on ... right ?

As long as he plays with someone that gets the puck to him ala Radulov outside of that what you see is what you get, hands of stone with one of the best shots in the league.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Chucky was seen limping and having difficulty flexing (plier) his leg, according to LaPresse's beat reporter.

We need Dr Recchi's diagnostic here.

Dr. Recchi's diagnostic would the same as always, "it was a strong hockey play"

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Pacioretty second goal on the PP came after Emelin pitch in the offensive zone drew a penalty on Gallagher, he definitely played a good game even though he got burned on the Lewis breakaway

I thought Emelin was our best dman tonight. Weber, Markov and Petry all had their ups and downs. Barberio was bad. Pateryn was decent.

Maybe we see Redmond next game.

I thought emelin was struggling tonight. He also cheated big time on the 4th kings goal, and the habs almost lost points because of it.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I thought emelin was struggling tonight. He also cheated big time on the 4th kings goal, and the habs almost lost points because of it.

Yeah, that was a huge gaff but otherwise he was alright. Pateryn was more than decent, he moves the puck very well. Can Redmond play LD?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

You saw what I saw, one guy of his worst games this season

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Radulov <3

honestly? I think the Habs played well the last three games.

yeah I agree. These were some tough teams and we always struggle during the western trip but the habs played 3 solid games. I didn't feel we were outclassed in any of these games and we could have taken all 3.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Weber wasn't great but he saved a goal in OT that allowed us to win the game. That play was as important as going end to end and sniping one. A goal saved is equal to a goal scored.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Nice to see both Flynn and Byron score in the SO. If both hadn't of scored and the Habs lost MT would've been ripped to pieces here for using them.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
yeah I agree. These were some tough teams and we always struggle during the western trip but the habs played 3 solid games. I didn't feel we were outclassed in any of these games and we could have taken all 3.

The California games weren't masterpieces by any stretch, but the habs competed in every single one of them and probably should have more points coming out of it. The worst game of the trip so far has probably been Detroit, IMO. In that sense, maybe you can say that the luck evened out a bit in California.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad