Post-Game Talk: Habs Crown Kings in SO & Win 5-4!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
what happened to Galchenyuk?

He took a knee from Kopitar as they were crossing paths deep in the Kings zone. Chucky went one way and Kopitar went the other and their legs met. Chucky went off the ice immediately and under his own power, so hoping it is not serious.

Our center depth is pretty ugly without him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I doubt very much Bergevin would let Radulov walk. He will sign him 100%. The fans love him. MB knows if he doesn't sign him, his head will be on a stick.

This is what I think and hope too, but we're talking about a guy that kept Sylvain Lefebvre employed for 4 years (not gonna go into the MT,JJD territory because their team is winning) and signed DD and Emelin to their contract. I'll believe the extension when I see it.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Radulov <3

honestly? I think the Habs played well the last three games.

Yeah..i agree...san jose was the toughest, but this game was awesome i was very very entertained and we competed...hoping for a repeat in st.louis and then lets get the **** back home :laugh:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm not too worried about Price, but he has had at least 3 games where he played average this season. I'm hoping he doesn't go average during PO. If we have Price at his best during PO, and we have Galchenyuk, Radulov, Weber, Gallagher all healthy, and Pacioretty (he's on his way there), Plekanec finally finding their scoring touch again, we can go all the way baby!

So we beat the Kings in an extremely sloppy and unorganized game after barely managing to score 1 goal in each of our last 3 games and all of a sudden were going all the way? Time to come back down to reality..

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
SO I missed the video because my area was blacked out, and I missed the Gallchenyuk injury ... what happened? Did he fall? Was he checked? How bad did it look?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If we add like another center or dman I think we are very very good

Emelin today was again very very meh

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm pretty sure other teams are just gonna shoot high on Price. This game showed Price isn't as strong when shots are high.

It's not just high. It's high with traffic. They worked very hard to take away his eyes and then shoot for the top corners. Kings did a good job tonight, but not every team will be able to do that.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
This is what I think and hope too, but we're talking about a guy that kept Sylvain Lefebvre employed for 4 years (not gonna go into the MT,JJD territory because their team is winning) and signed DD and Emelin to their contract. I'll believe the extension when I see it.

Imagine if he lets Radulov walk, just to extend DD, lol.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
SO I missed the video because my area was blacked out, and I missed the Gallchenyuk injury ... what happened? Did he fall? Was he checked? How bad did it look?

He took a knee on knee with Kopitar. Looked awkward but might not be serious.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's not just high. It's high with traffic. They worked very hard to take away his eyes and then shoot for the top corners. Kings did a good job tonight, but not every team will be able to do that.

The guy has been bashing Price all day. He can't comprehend the difference between a snipe and a floater. Kings were excellent on the PP.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He took a knee from Kopitar as they were crossing paths deep in the Kings zone. Chucky went one way and Kopitar went the other and their legs met. Chucky went off the ice immediately and under his own power, so hoping it is not serious.

Our center depth is pretty ugly without him.

I'm shocked it wasn't Brown. :sarcasm: He's the master of the "accidental" knee-on-knee. I haven't seen this play, so I won't place any judgement. I have a ton of respect for Kopitar and seriously doubt he had any malicious intentions.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

Looks dirty ... not actively dirty, but passively dirty. Kopitar saw Chucky, stopped skating, changed his body position .... probably because he knows it will trip Chucky up. I'll leave it to experts to discuss if this is a sneaky kind of play. Not as bad as a slewfoot, but similar where you can easily trip someone up.

At the same time, Kopitar could have checked Chucky, cause Chucky wasn't looking where he was going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad