Post-Game Talk: Habs Crown Kings in SO & Win 5-4!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We were discussing about Pacioretty. The conversation had absolutely nothing to do with Price. You went out of your way to try and bait me into a ridiculous "debate" about Price by bringing up one comment I made in the GDT which plenty of other posters seemed to feel the same way about. Yet you singled me out, and I just let it go because who cares. Then you chase me into this thread trying to continue this crap ? You are entirely correct, I have no desire to get into this with you. None whatsoever. Good night to you !
I didn't single you out, I simply showed you a contradiction in your arguments. No reason to take it personally man.

Anyways, good night.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Nothing personal and no grudges. Just pointing out a glaring contradiction.

I'm not sure how on the one hand you can criticize people for saying they shouldn't praise Max for his statline and then turn around and talk about how weak Price was for giving up four goals... The way the goals are scored matters doesn't it?

If you want to debate this point, cool. But leave the personal stuff out.

The only time anyone should have a problem with Price is if pucks are going threw him, he'a throwing out bad rebounds, pucks he can see from the point, etc. The four goals that were scored were two beautiful shots upstairs from the slot with traffic on the PP, one defensive breakdown where the shot should have never happened, and a breakaway he played the percentage well on. I'm baffled at the reaction after this game. Budaj was basically giving us goals. Three five hole and one off of a terrible rebound from a weak Desharnais shot. Is this the way fans are going to react everytime he lets in more then two goals in a game?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I didn't single you out, I simply showed you a contradiction in your arguments. No reason to take it personally man.

Anyways, good night.

So you took something I said in the GDT that is completely unrelated to what I said in the post-game talk, and you come back at me with it here because "you're trying to show how I contradict myself" and I shouldn't take it personal ? Yeah ok. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The only time anyone should have a problem with Price is if pucks are going threw him, he'a throwing out bad rebounds, pucks he can see from the point, etc. The four goals that were scored were two beautiful shots upstairs from the slot with traffic on the PP, one defensive breakdown where the shot should have never happened, and a breakaway he played the percentage well on. I'm baffled at the reaction after this game. Budaj was basically giving us goals. Three five hole and one off of a terrible rebound from a weak Desharnais shot. Is this the way fans are going to react everytime he lets in more then two goals in a game?
I agree. His stat line was terrible but his play wasn't. As for Max, he got a couple of goals... awesome. Sometimes you may get goals you probably shouldn't but he's also had instances where the puck should've gone in but didn't. It's a long season and it evens out over time.

So you took something I said in the GDT that is completely unrelated to what I said in the post-game talk, and you come back at me with it here because "you're trying to show how I contradict myself" and I shouldn't take it personal ? Yeah ok. :laugh:
It's a hockey board man. If you make contradictory arguments you'll get called on it. That's par for the course. Rather than address what I've said, you've decided that it's somehow personal. It isn't.

I thought you were letting this go...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
What a game by Radulov. Lehkonen also creating a lot of chances. DD getting double shifted is meh, but he did have a good game today. Hopefully Galchenyuk is okay and can come back next game. Don't want to see a game with DD, Plekanec, Danault and Mitchell as our centers... Maybe that pushes MB to get a 2nd line C as well.
Unfortunately, Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby aren't available.:D

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
So we beat the Kings in an extremely sloppy and unorganized game after barely managing to score 1 goal in each of our last 3 games and all of a sudden were going all the way? Time to come back down to reality..

Do you realize that the Habs won BOTH games with LAK this season? (4-1, 5-4OT)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Do you realize that the Habs won BOTH games with LAK this season? (4-1, 5-4OT)
That's awesome. Also great that we come away with a victory on this tough road trip. Scary to think what happens with Chuck though. Maybe we have to go with Radulov at center going forward because I'm not sure that there's a better solution right now.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Looks dirty ... not actively dirty, but passively dirty. Kopitar saw Chucky, stopped skating, changed his body position .... probably because he knows it will trip Chucky up. I'll leave it to experts to discuss if this is a sneaky kind of play. Not as bad as a slewfoot, but similar where you can easily trip someone up.

At the same time, Kopitar could have checked Chucky, cause Chucky wasn't looking where he was going.

Kopitar could have been injured, too.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I'd say winning both games was noteworthy. LAKs are good enough to win at Montréal.

It's good but both games didn't feature Jonathan Quick. Regardless, the Kings size and system usually smothers the Habs.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's call having a agenda and wishing nobody, in a hab board forum is looking at the game.

Galchenyuk was the one struggling big time tonight. (and the last 4 games) I hope he get it **** together soon! The hab need better then what he is doing now.

Stop with the agenda crap. There is no agenda against DD. He's just not very good and if he's still on the team come April, they will be out in the first round.

Meanwhile you're going on about agenda but your the one defending DD for having one good game in twenty while blasting the guy who has one bad game in twenty who would have been competing for the art Ross had he been playing with radulov and first line minutes since the start of the season. See the difference ?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It's good but both games didn't feature Jonathan Quick. Regardless, the Kings size and system usually smothers the Habs.

I don't think either goalie (Price or Budaj) played a huge factor into this game, except maybe in overtime. The habs had a pretty good 4 on 3, and Budaj was very good to get that game into a shootout.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We will take the win. Nice to see them score 4.

But Budjai gave us a couple.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
We will take the win. Nice to see them score 4.

But Budjai gave us a couple.

Yeah... we fought this game. I will give the team credit but we left Price out to dry on at least 2 goals. We should have lost in my opinion, but got lucky. I understand luck is all part of the game so it was nice to get those bounces.

Out of the 3 California games, I did feel best about this one before the trip so I'm happy with the outcome, though not so much the journey there.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That's awesome. Also great that we come away with a victory on this tough road trip. Scary to think what happens with Chuck though. Maybe we have to go with Radulov at center going forward because I'm not sure that there's a better solution right now.

Sad that our highest paid forward, who also happens to be a center, isn't considered a solution right now.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Sad that our highest paid forward, who also happens to be a center, isn't considered a solution right now.

I'd go Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher for at least 5 games and see where it goes. You got 3 defensively responsible players, a lot of hustle, and two guys willing to drive the net. Add to it Lehkonen has a wicked shot.

If Chuck is hurt for an extended period, I'd go Patches - Shaw - Rads. Not sure why, but I feel they might do alright as a line. Just don't %#$%@$$ make it 67 - 51 - 47...

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
A lot of people around here need to relax. Every team in this league has flaws. We aren't perfect. We are among the best though. Win in St. Louis and I consider this road trip a success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad