Post-Game Talk: Habs Crown Kings in SO & Win 5-4!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Galchenyuk was a guilty party on that goal as well, he left his man as well.

I love that Chucky is finding his game but he really needs to work ALOT on his game off the puck. He's looking as one dimensional as it gets.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I love that Chucky is finding his game but he really needs to work ALOT on his game off the puck. He's looking as one dimensional as it gets.

Much of his defensive woes stem from the fact that he should have been playing center much sooner with the habs, he needs time and that's understandable. Playing with a strong two way player like Radulov is really helping him.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Pacioretty was looking a lot better this game, was using his speed a lot more and was finally bringing the puck to the net.

Also, I bash DD a lot, but I'll give him credit tonight since he played a good game.

Respect to you ....Respeck! :)

Always nice to see someone call it the way it is!!

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
i said before this road trip that 2 wins would be good considering the injury (Flynn,Beaulieu), now a win in St-louis would be a bonus, i tought i'd never say that, the way he was playin prior to his injury but we miss Beaulieu, all tho this trip was not the easiest way for Barbichio to come in the line up

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Capture.png

Plekanec looks thrilled :laugh:

Jul 6, 2016
Can Radulov play centre ?

The guy is so talented and he will be no worse than Galchy at face offs.

Patches - Rad - Gally as our first line IF gulch is gone for many games.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Can Radulov play centre ?

The guy is so talented and he will be no worse than Galchy at face offs.

Patches - Rad - Gally as our first line IF gulch is gone for many games.

I have brought this up on numerous occasions, what Therrien could do is:

Pacioretty Radulov Shaw

Shaw has played center and could take draws in our end. Radulov looks like a skilled two way center to me, he dishes the puck as good as anyone and is defensively responsible. I would definitely give it a try if need be.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
(mod) You should be better than pursuing your personal grudges.
Nothing personal and no grudges. Just pointing out a glaring contradiction.

I'm not sure how on the one hand you can criticize people for saying they shouldn't praise Max for his statline and then turn around and talk about how weak Price was for giving up four goals... The way the goals are scored matters doesn't it?

If you want to debate this point, cool. But leave the personal stuff out.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Page 2 of GDT : "Well I think habs win this one.

3-2 Habs. Captain Max will break his slump with two goals this afternoon."

I was right about win and two goals by pacioretty!

But seriously he is a very streaky guy. He could score 6 more times in the next 10 games and then go 2 goals in 20.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Nice to see both Flynn and Byron score in the SO. If both hadn't of scored and the Habs lost MT would've been ripped to pieces here for using them.

Maybe I knows better his player they average posters? :sarcasm:

Like it are not, that risky call on him

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I have brought this up on numerous occasions, what Therrien could do is:

Pacioretty Radulov Shaw

Shaw has played center and could take draws in our end. Radulov looks like a skilled two way center to me, he dishes the puck as good as anyone and is defensively responsible. I would definitely give it a try if need be.

I agree with this. I would try Radulov at center. I think he is by far the best solution to the organization's issues at center.

I would do:
Pacioretty-Radulov-Shaw (let Shaw take the faceoffs if he is better)
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher (We need to get Gallagher going again)
Byron-Plekanec-McCarron (McCarron is a need in our midget lineup. Do not understand the loyalty to DD)
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn (Great line, don't touch it)

I think the answer to our issues will come from within, and not from a trade. We are not going to find a good second-line center through trade this year, and this road trip is clearly exposing our lack of size at center and on the wings. To me, this lineup is a no brainer. Radulov plays like a center, so I think he will be even more effective in that position. Another benefit is that we should know if Galchenyuk can function without Radulov. We need to get that info to see what kind of contract we should give to Galchenyuk. Not convinced yet that he is a offensive treat without Radulov.

Common Therrien, surprise me!

Last edited:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Plekanec-DD-Danault-Mitchell is ahl worthy

Each one of these players held their own today, surprisingly even Desharnais down low and behind the net. Danault and Mitchell were stellar on the forecheck some of the more physical Habs today hitting guys bigger than them and containing the puck as well.

Not sure what game you were watching? But it must of not been today's matinee.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Plekanec-DD-Danault-Mitchell is ahl worthy

Each one of these players held their own today, surprisingly even Desharnais down low and behind the net. Danault and Mitchell were stellar on the forecheck some of the more physical Habs today hitting guys bigger than them and containing the puck as well.

Not sure what game you were watching? But it must of not been today's matinee.

It's call having a agenda and wishing nobody, in a hab board forum is looking at the game.

Galchenyuk was the one struggling big time tonight. (and the last 4 games) I hope he get it **** together soon! The hab need better then what he is doing now.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Nothing personal and no grudges. Just pointing out a glaring contradiction.

I'm not sure how on the one hand you can criticize people for saying they shouldn't praise Max for his statline and then turn around and talk about how weak Price was for giving up four goals... The way the goals are scored matters doesn't it?

If you want to debate this point, cool. But leave the personal stuff out.

We were discussing about Pacioretty. The conversation had absolutely nothing to do with Price. You went out of your way to try and bait me into a ridiculous "debate" about Price by bringing up one comment I made in the GDT which plenty of other posters seemed to feel the same way about. Yet you singled me out, and I just let it go because who cares. Then you chase me into this thread trying to continue this crap ? You are entirely correct, I have no desire to get into this with you. None whatsoever. Good night to you !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad