Post-Game Talk: Habs Crown Kings in SO & Win 5-4!

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
You would be sooooooo happy. Won't you ?

Never in a million years. I love Radulov. Was his biggest fan even before he came to MTL. I was jumping in joy the day I heard we got him over Detroit/Florida, etc.

DD is not the worst of players, but I would let him walk after this season TBH. There's just no place for him anymore. I would try to trade him now for a pick (maybe not now with Galchenyuk injured)

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Is Galchenyuk injured leg/knee the same he injured in junior when he missed a whole year ?

I'm a bit worried right now

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Pacioretty was looking a lot better this game, was using his speed a lot more and was finally bringing the puck to the net.

Also, I bash DD a lot, but I'll give him credit tonight since he played a good game.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ok, Radulov was the NHL's 1st star. It was the in-game people who didn't choose him as a star.

1st: Rads
2nd: Kopitar
3rd: Pacioretty

Much more accurate of the game.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Happy Max finally had a great offensive game. He's got to keep it going though... been a passenger too much this season and it's his turn to carry us through some games.

What is there to say about Radulov. Incredible player and season he's having.

Glad to see us win a game that Carey let four in.

And lastly, Andrew Shaw isn't getting enough love. The guy has turned it up in the last month.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I really don't think Kopitar knew Galchenyuk was there. Kopitar isn't a dirty player.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He saw him the whole way in. He didn't get out of the way, let's put it that way

He might have seen him, but not actually processed it. I "look" at things without seeing them all the time. Especially at speeds like that. And you see how he reacts to the collision... almost as though he was surprised. He didn't brace for it or anything.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
How do you know Kopitar's intentions?

I posted this just minutes ago:

I'm shocked it wasn't Brown. :sarcasm: He's the master of the "accidental" knee-on-knee. I haven't seen this play, so I won't place any judgement. I have a ton of respect for Kopitar and seriously doubt he had any malicious intentions.

I don't know his intentions and have never pretended to. Also, I didn't even mention intention in the post you quoted...

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He might have seen him, but not actually processed it. I "look" at things without seeing them all the time. Especially at speeds like that. And you see how he reacts to the collision... almost as though he was surprised. He didn't brace for it or anything.

Chucky was gliding in, it wasn't like he was flying down the ice or something. Anyways, hopefully he was alright.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Chucky was gliding in, it wasn't like he was flying down the ice or something. Anyways, hopefully he was alright.

No doubt. I really hope Galchenyuk is alright. I'm a big fan of his. I'm not placing blame on either guy. I think it was just an unfortunate incident. I don't think it can be called "dirty" by any stretch.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Pacioretty was looking a lot better this game, was using his speed a lot more and was finally bringing the puck to the net.

Also, I bash DD a lot, but I'll give him credit tonight since he played a good game.

There was one play where pacioretty had the puck and was streaking down on the left side with a step on the D-man. In years past, he just blasts through the neutral zone and goes in alone on goal. Today? The d-man stayed right with him and he was neutralized.

Pacioretty is simply not the same skater.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
How do you know Kopitar's intentions?
Looks dirty to me. Galchenyuk's looking the other way. You can't tell me that Kopitar doesn't see him.

I don't think he meant to wreck the guy's knee but he meant to trip him up. Dirty play in my books.

It's not just high. It's high with traffic. They worked very hard to take away his eyes and then shoot for the top corners. Kings did a good job tonight, but not every team will be able to do that.
Yup. His numbers were bad, his play was not.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
There was one play where pacioretty had the puck and was streaking down on the left side with a step on the D-man. In years past, he just blasts through the neutral zone and goes in alone on goal. Today? The d-man stays right with him and he was neutralized.

Pacioretty is simply not the same skater.

Trade him now!! Today's game showed he has great value, especially to western teams (Anaheim/SJ) who see him put 3 points against the always-threatening LAK!

I would love pushing for a LD while we're at it too (along with a LW). Vlasic or Fowler!

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Looks dirty to me. Galchenyuk's looking the other way. You can't tell me that Kopitar doesn't see him.

I don't think he meant to wreck the guy's knee but he meant to trip him up. Dirty play in my books.

Yup. His numbers were bad, his play was not.

Kopitar definitely saw Galchenyuk. You are right he probably intend to trip him, which he did and Galchenyuk got hurt.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Happy Max finally had a great offensive game. He's got to keep it going though... been a passenger too much this season and it's his turn to carry us through some games.

What is there to say about Radulov. Incredible player and season he's having.

Glad to see us win a game that Carey let four in.

And lastly, Andrew Shaw isn't getting enough love. The guy has turned it up in the last month.

Patch didn't carry us in any way at all today. Or at any point this season.

He was gift wrapped a goal by Radulov, and got lucky on a deflection.

He also took a bad penalty, and bailed on a bunch of plays.. made no look pass to no one on zone entries.. and was just generally awful if you watched the game and didn't just stat watch.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Trade him now!! Today's game showed he has great value, especially to western teams (Anaheim/SJ) who see him put 3 points against the always-threatening LAK!

I would love pushing for a LD while we're at it too (along with a LW). Vlasic or Fowler!

I am actually against trading him because I think his value has never been lower in his professional career. One game doesn't change that either.

His skating is a big thing. He was a 40 goal guy with it. He didn't have it after surgery IMO and became a 30 goal guy, so it's a drop, but it doesn't mean he can't score more than he is doing right now. If/when you trade him, it should happen when his scoring hands are back, and his value is higher. That is going to take a some time to happen.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Patch didn't carry us in any way at all today. Or at any point this season.

He was gift wrapped a goal by Radulov, and got lucky on a deflection.

He also took a bad penalty, and bailed on a bunch of plays.. made no look pass to no one on zone entries.. and was just generally awful if you watched the game and didn't just stat watch.

Thank God, someone else saw this. Except it wasn't Rado it was Markov. Also, i wouldn't take the 2 goals away from him. You still have to score.

What got me was he was responsible for three of the Kings goals. The first with his dumbass penalty. The second he was out of position and cheating at the blueline and the third where Lewis was right in front of him on the left wing and Weber & Emelin were against the boards. That third one I'll give partial blame to emelin. He left the middle of the ice open.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I am actually against trading him because his value has never been lower. One game doesn't change that either.

His skating is a big thing. He was a 40 goal guy with it. He didn't have it after surgery and became a 30 goal guy, so it's a drop, but it doesn't mean he can't score more than he is doing right now. If/when you trade him, it should happen when his scoring hands are back, and his value is higher.

I agree his value is lower: he's currently on route for 23 goals, 36 assists: 59 pts. It's not that bad, but if can go on a nice big streak, like he's capable of: trade him then!

One player that I found looked pretty good today was Desharnais. Hoping he can get net a few points (he's also kinda streaky - nowhere like Pacioretty obviously) and then trade him + Patches for a nice package in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad