Post-Game Talk: Habs can't shake SJ Curse -- Sharks win 5-2

Were you born when the Habs last won in San Jose on Nov 23, 1999?

• Total voters

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Should’ve given up a 2022 pick for Kinkaid. Awful. Just awful.
Yeah, I thought they may have trade for a goalie at the deadline. Since they didn't I think it shows they're not desperate to make playoffs and they see it as a transition year. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
giphy.gif

Sport is already moving to another level.

wdlXVGH.gif

Surprised PETA hasn't gotten involved yet.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I keep hearing “resting”. Kotkaniemi’s demeanour and response to not playing suggest he was benched. I don’t know what these guys are doing for these bottom pairing plugs.

Kotkaneimi loves the game, he's truly an inspiring rookie. He hasn't ever played this many games in a season, also against the best players in the world(NHLers). Coaches are doing what they deem best for his development, despite his competitive drive to help his teammates in their playoff drive.

Everybody is aware that Kotkaneimi will be a great NHL center very soon, coaches want him to be patient with his development as do most of the Habs fans.

When they cut him loose after this rest, he will be even better than before IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Let’s see how Premieau has done beind in the NHL He’s a prospect at this point.

The point being, Habs have many good young goalies ATM in Laval & Primeau, they need to develop. Neimi has won some significant games as a backup this year, trading assets for another goalie, is how the Habs became short of quality depth to begin with.

Patience is a necessity if the Habs are to build a serious SC contender. No team will trade away a 1st string goalie unless they get good value back and the Habs need to keep their 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks to build for the future. We haven't got the quality depth necessary to acquire a top flight backup to Carey, without creating other holes in the lineup.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not surprised at the result.

Watched the condensed game and Kulak looked terrible.

And Niemi...yikes on some of the goals.

Moral victory, the team played hard.

Need to win tonight.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Looks like only us old folks are still awake. :) Won't get votes from the non born crowd until they wake up in the morning.

TooLegitatooQuit should be up by 7. The younger poll will start climbing lol

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Not trading for a capable NHL goalie will bite us in the ass, I said it at the trade deadline. Not moving at the TDL was fine by me, but no goalie? Hmmmm.

Anyways, well done on that 1st goal in 2 centuries, Lehkonen!

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
It's away to San Jose. We always lose this fixture. Price gets a breather and we pick up the mandatory nil points.

I'm not angsty about it. In an ideal world we could have called up McNiven or Lindgren to give them some NHL minutes and a chance to impress, but I doubt we'd be celebrating the points with that choice either.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That was probably Niemi's last nhl game. I doubt he plays anymore games for us, and certainly no team will want to sign him during the summer

Bergevin doesn't want to give up any picks. On the one hand that's find. The problem is, he needs to take advantage of acquiring assets that will get us picks down the road. That way, he'll have extra picks when we need them to acquire players to fill needs.

Perfect example: Perron wqs avalable for free this summer and for a very good cap hit. He or another vet, since he qould have added to the depth chart, could have been traded for picks in a year or two. He' worth at least a 2nd round pick, and perhaps a 1st.

We don't need guys like Thompson and Weise on the roster/ in the top 12. Those spots should be filled with veterans with trade value who can be traded for good assets, when the kids are ready to take their spot. In addition to Perron, I would have gotten Skinner this summer and Brassard at the deadline as a 4c. Re-sign him and then trade him in Year or 2 for probably more than the 3rd you gave up.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That was probably Niemi's last nhl game. I doubt he plays anymore games for us, and certainly no team will want to sign him during the summer

Certainly hope so.

Price tonight and then call up Lindgren when they get back home.

Lindgren is nothing great but he can't possibly be worse than Niemi.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
On the positive side, we have a rested Price going up against the weaker opponent tomorrow.

And hopefully KK drawing back in.

If the plan was to use Niemi as a sacrificial "lamp" (as @Ozymandias would say), then they went into this with the lowest of expectations and were not disappointed.

I think I'm gonna change my name for Oyvaymandias instead of Moxymandias

People will call me out and just say Oy

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Not surprised at the result.

Watched the condensed game and Kulak looked terrible.

And Niemi...yikes on some of the goals.

Moral victory, the team played hard.

Need to win tonight.
Didn't watch the game but apparently folin wasn't that great either, I just wish bargain bin would stop thinking there's a diamond in the rough with all these defenseman that nobody else wanted.I predict a quick exit from the playoffs if we even make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad