Post-Game Talk: Habs can't shake SJ Curse -- Sharks win 5-2

Were you born when the Habs last won in San Jose on Nov 23, 1999?

• Total voters

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Without having the center depth to rest our top players. (Sharing the icetime between lines, instead of one player being a workhorse.) The team will be exhausted before making the playoffs. Having Weal & Thompson helps, but they can't be expected to carry the load. Habs have the prospects in the system, rushing them isn't wise, we must be patient just as other team's fans are. Certainly our Habs have exceeded most people's expectations this season already, I know they have impressed this lifelong fan, Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Rest our top players? No one else does that. Top players play 20 minutes a night all season.

Not sure what you’re talking about

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The last 2 games Niemi started I COULDNT BELIEVE Claude Julien wouldn't just ride Price until the end of the season. When you're in this tight of a spot for the playoff and you know the last 20 games of the season are gonna be crucial, you simply do not have a choice. If we had a 45 years old Luongo or an average guy like Markstrom then I would understand. But Carey Price, 30 years old, $10.5M per year? You gotta ride him.

Rather he be on top form during 80% of the games he plays than him be at his tired form for 100% of the games. Feel it means more wins.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wanted Neimi in net, roll the dice against the best team and have price in ANA to make sure those two point son’t Slip away but the team played great last night if it wasn’t for the 2 bad goal early we probably would have won... although we did score to bad goal of our own...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Yea maybe should have looked at the lineup card and saw that Evander Kane and Erik Karlsson were out so maybe the game was more winnable than usual. Price needs some nights off though

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Depends how we are in the standings. IF we win 6 games in a row, why not?

With so few games left, unless you clinch, you have to go with your best. Plus, Niemi looks done.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Ride your best player (Price) what is this resting him garbage.
What kind of message are you sending to the team when you put in your back up against a top team. Horrible decision. There's all summer for rest, play him all the way.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I thought Kulak and Tatar play was bit off yesterday. Thompson is very bad btw

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
With so few games left, unless you clinch, you have to go with your best. Plus, Niemi looks done.
HAS to be his last game in the NHL. It has to be. Call up Lindgren and send him down. Lindgren has shown flashes and can do no worse.
I would've pulled him last night after the first. Really bad call by Julien because that game was winable. They outplayed them. Threw away sime points and basically told your team that they couldnt win. Bad call.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yea. If we played like yesterday, we make the playoffs.

Not taking anything away from them but I'm not as convinced the playoffs are in the bag. Don't forget SJ did not play their best lineup yesterday.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The last 2 games Niemi started I COULDNT BELIEVE Claude Julien wouldn't just ride Price until the end of the season. When you're in this tight of a spot for the playoff and you know the last 20 games of the season are gonna be crucial, you simply do not have a choice. If we had a 45 years old Luongo or an average guy like Markstrom then I would understand. But Carey Price, 30 years old, $10.5M per year? You gotta ride him.
Recovering from the flu, on the road in a back to back against a team we always lose to. No problem with this decision.

Price will likely play all remaining games.

Again though, why no KK?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yea. If we played like yesterday, we make the playoffs.

The cbj schedule left is really bad

Boston three times, isles, habs, pens, nashville, carolina and calgary.... end on a back to back. Someone on their board said theyd win 3 more gamea and i thot it was frusturation but thats a bad schedule lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad