Post-Game Talk: Habs can't shake SJ Curse -- Sharks win 5-2

Were you born when the Habs last won in San Jose on Nov 23, 1999?

• Total voters

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The cbj schedule left is really bad

Boston three times, isles, habs, pens, nashville, carolina and calgary.... end on a back to back. Someone on their board said theyd win 3 more gamea and i thot it was frusturation but thats a bad schedule lol

Can't believe they went all in. Wow.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Perplexed as to why they just didn't forfeit. Then everyone could get some rest. LA > SJ then back > ANA. Nice view of Highway 101 from the air I guess. Reminds me of Jackson Browne "Running on Empty".

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Needed to limit them to 3 goals or less. Bad start didn't help. Teams like the Sharks (good goaltending and D) are teams we seem to always struggle against. They are also a very physically strong and talented team and this is another ingredient with other teams we struggle against.

Lets go get the 2pts against the Ducks. Huge game.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This is the version of Niemi the Habs needed last season and not this season.

Or even better we simply should have not claimed Niemi. That was such a stupid move. In a situation like were last year you put on the ice your worst AHL or ECHL vet goalie who is clearly not NHL caliber. Last thing you do is acquire a NHL vet goalie fighting to remain in the NHL next season.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Someone's been telling lies in the poll. :)
giphy.gif

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hindsight is always 20-20 but Niemi has been shit for 3+ years. A 19 game meaningless sample size / honeymoon with former goalie coach was not going to change that. Especially with how wildly inconsistent he’s been this year. Habs brass didn’t see this? Pathetic that Bergevin wasn’t more proactive. Niemi isn’t even in top 50 in goalie stats. We miss plyoffs, it’s because of this. Period

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The last 2 games Niemi started I COULDNT BELIEVE Claude Julien wouldn't just ride Price until the end of the season. When you're in this tight of a spot for the playoff and you know the last 20 games of the season are gonna be crucial, you simply do not have a choice. If we had a 45 years old Luongo or an average guy like Markstrom then I would understand. But Carey Price, 30 years old, $10.5M per year? You gotta ride him.
I really don’t get it either. Rest him for the playoffs? There won’t be any without him. I understand there are more games in the NHL than in a junior schedule but there are 68 and that’s comparable to the NHL. Why is it quite common for junior (semi pro really) teams to ride their goalies hard? Also factor in the bus travel and many three games in less than three days. Suck it up man. Many of these CHL shooters are not far from NHL caliber. I keep getting the impression Price is like a fragile flower that may wilt at any time. Yet another reason why I find the length of his contract quite excessive, not to mention what they pay him but that’s another matter. It would be a cold day in hell when I would pay a goalie ten million period, let alone to sit on the bench while I play a beer leaguer. I’d ride him like a rented mule.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The cbj schedule left is really bad

Boston three times, isles, habs, pens, nashville, carolina and calgary.... end on a back to back. Someone on their board said theyd win 3 more gamea and i thot it was frusturation but thats a bad schedule lol

To be fair if they win those pens and Carolina games that's huge for them to gain ground. If they lose that, they have like 1% chance of making it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad