Post-Game Talk: Habs can't shake SJ Curse -- Sharks win 5-2

Were you born when the Habs last won in San Jose on Nov 23, 1999?

• Total voters

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Bergevin that kidder, quoted this week that he wants more consistency from the team. Quite the comedian. Couldn’t find a better backup than Aunty to contribute to the consistency?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sheed, you watching curling on TSN? Those Tim Horton cup images applied to the playing surface, have a 3D effect when the overhead cam tracks rocks coming in. Neat.

Reactions: sheed36

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Without having the center depth to rest our top players. (Sharing the icetime between lines, instead of one player being a workhorse.) The team will be exhausted before making the playoffs. Having Weal & Thompson helps, but they can't be expected to carry the load. Habs have the prospects in the system, rushing them isn't wise, we must be patient just as other team's fans are. Certainly our Habs have exceeded most people's expectations this season already, I know they have impressed this lifelong fan, Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: Licentia

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On the positive side, we have a rested Price going up against the weaker opponent tomorrow.

And hopefully KK drawing back in.

If the plan was to use Niemi as a sacrificial "lamp" (as @Ozymandias would say), then they went into this with the lowest of expectations and were not disappointed.

Reactions: jaffy27

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sheed, you watching curling on TSN? Those Tim Horton cup images applied to the playing surface, have a 3D effect when the overhead cam tracks rocks coming in. Neat.

No I haven't been watching the Brier but I will check that out. I'd rather watch women's curling instead. :) Men yelling "hurry hard" just isn't as appealing as women doing the same. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Couldn't bring myself to watch that sport until now, but will give it a try.

I'm a fairweather fan. It's a sport that Canada does well in, so I enjoy it more when they compete on the world stage.

Plus, there's a lot of eye candy when the ladies play. Just ask Sheed. :D

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No I haven't been watching the Brier but I will check that out. I'd rather watch women's curling instead. :) Men yelling "hurry hard" just isn't as appealing as women doing the same. :laugh:

I had exactly the same thought as I heard them scream that just a few minutes ago.

Disturbing. :laugh:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Without having the center depth to rest our top players. (Sharing the icetime between lines, instead of one player being a workhorse.) The team will be exhausted before making the playoffs. Having Weal & Thompson helps, but they can't be expected to carry the load. Habs have the prospects in the system, rushing them isn't wise, we must be patient just as other team's fans are. Certainly our Habs have exceeded most people's expectations this season already, I know they have impressed this lifelong fan, Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

I keep hearing “resting”. Kotkaniemi’s demeanour and response to not playing suggest he was benched. I don’t know what these guys are doing for these bottom pairing plugs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's smarter than the rest of us if he did. Don't tell him I said that though. :)

OC is a wily cat, you get the sense he's been through a lot of trials and tribulations. And learned how to cope through the power of eating a variety of chip brands and sleeping. :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm a fairweather fan. It's a sport that Canada does well in, so it's nice to see them compete on the world stage.

Plus, there's a lot of eye candy when the ladies play. Just ask Sheed. :D

1414862285831.gif

1414861678881.gif

jT7iQpA.gif

:)

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Looks like only us old folks are still awake. :) Won't get votes from the non born crowd until they wake up in the morning.

Be easy Sheed. I’m a millennium. Although the older spectrum of it which is probably the worst of it all.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs have Cayden Primeau coming (7th round pick, whose been great in the NCAA this season). Neimi did win quite a few games earlier in the year, fans need to realize 2nd string goalies are in tough against the Elite SC contenders in the playoff stretch. Price can't play all the back to back games, without resting him at some point. YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL, even though we want too. Go Habs Go !!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
GWG by Danault
Really? You're gonna blame him? He was in position to break up the play and he did, but it was a bad bounce.

Not a good play by Thompson and Kulak on the fourth goal, but you can hardly expect to be perfect. And you have to be, when you play without goaltending.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The Habs have Cayden Primeau coming (7th round pick, whose been great in the NCAA this season). Neimi did win quite a few games earlier in the year, fans need to realize 2nd string goalies are in tough against the Elite SC contenders in the playoff stretch. Price can't play all the back to back games, without resting him at some point. YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL, even though we want too. Go Habs Go !!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Let’s see how Premieau has done beind in the NHL He’s a prospect at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad