Post-Game Talk: Habs break losing skid. First win for interim coach.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Edmunson had his best game for sure.

I also think having Anderson back will be a big boost - I don't think Danault or Tatar have been good enough to keep that line together tbh.

I would run with:

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
Edmunson had his best game for sure.

I also think having Anderson back will be a big boost - I don't think Danault or Tatar have been good enough to keep that line together tbh.

I would run with:

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry
2nd would be in trouble at the own end

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Price played good. Habs beat a bad team which is necessary of them.
The Sens beat the Flames 6-1 the night before.............have we learned anything this season, is that anyone can beat anyone...the standings mean nothing once the puck is dropped.
Habs needed to start somewhere for their new coach, they have actually played two good games in a row for DD.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
-Getting the W is the bottom line, and we got it done.
-This team isn't going to magically become the best it can be. There will be steps forward throughout the season. I'm already excited though because to me the team looks entirely different breaking out of the zone and in the Ozone.
-KK is starting to take over his shifts. The Sens were giving him a lot of respect. I noticed they were worried about making a move on him because they know he's looking pass.

On to the next one...
Underrated post.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I'm not judging him on one game, I just said he has to be a lot better if he hopes to keep his place in the lineup.
With so many mediocre skaters (Perry, Armia , Toffoli, etc) we need Evan’s speed.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not positive that we didn’t give more than 5 good scoring chances 2nd game in a row?! No positive that the PP scored 2 goals FFS!!!! No positive that KK was the best player on the ice!?! No it wasn’t that convincing but the Sens are alot better than most people think
They are a team that is clearly on the ascendency. With a young core that most teams only wish they had.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The team played well and made it an easy night for Price.

They really limited the Sens' chances.

Offensively they played OK. They work hard no doubt, but obviously lack the talent. It is what it is.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
where did you find this stat ? Always interested because I have been counting for some games and I find much more giveaways than 2 per 60 per player :D

NHL Stats

You will have to play with the Report dropdown (set miscellaneous for giveaways/takeways).

Saying that, I always found the official giveaways stats to be low compared to the in-game eye-tests.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
NHL Stats

You will have to play with the Report dropdown (set miscellaneous for giveaways/takeways).

Saying that, I always found the official giveaways stats to be low compared to the in-game eye-tests.

thanks ! Not sure how they count that to be honest. It would mean that in 4 to 5 games, KK only has one giveaway, I ll digg deeper

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The last 3 wins by the Habs

2/6 vs Ott by the score of 2-1
2/13 vs Tor by the score of 2-1
3/2 vs Ott by the score of 3-1 (with an empty net goals)

It's always good to win, but the Habs need a more convincing win to boost confidence.

In the last 11 games, the Habs scored more than 2 goals in only 3 games.
Doesn't leave much room to breath for our goalies.

They need to start scoring some goals.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
It didnt look like Ottawa was ready like they usually are.

Price? No real tough saves and three posts. Pretty easy game for him with a lot of luck.

KK with his best game of the year. Those passes.....

Perry continues to be the most underrated pickup of the offseason. Love what he brings to the team.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

It's always good to win, but the Habs need a more convincing win to boost confidence.

lots of shots on goal. Lots of soft wrist shots.

Reactions: Milhouse40

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

First 10 games we scored 44 goals....and now this, go figure.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Oh Mah Gaawd!!! They beat Ottawa. Finally. To me that looked like a true battle of the bottom-feeders. The lack of skill was so apparent on both sides. Price looked as awkward as ever... his puck handling was worthy of Tim Thomas. I don't know how people say he had a solid night. Every time puck came anywhere near Price I cringed.

Sorry... not my nature to be a downer, but Habs still looked bad to me. I found little positive from this game.
Lol

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
Would love for us to pick up Glendenning from Detroit. One of the best faceoff guys in the league and brings some grit. Can't have Danault going out for every faceoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad