Post-Game Talk: Habs break losing skid. First win for interim coach.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yes. We have a thread about it. This is so eerie.

Yeah I saw the Waite news after my post. Why not fire him when Julien and Muller were fired? And why do it at this hour?

Anyway I missed the Waite news because I started following the developing story of the fishing vessel Atlantic Destiny which had a fire onboard tonight and is adrift about 120 nautical miles south of Yarmouth, NS with 32 crew onboard.

It seems they've now started air lifting crew off the ship. The rescue crews and the vessel are battling 55 knot winds and 8 metre seas so some very treacherous conditions. Praying every thing goes well and all can be safely rescued.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I saw the Waite news after my post. Why not fire him when Julien and Muller were fired? And why do it at this hour?

Anyway I missed the Waite news because I started following the developing story of the fishing vessel Atlantic Destiny which had a fire onboard tonight and is adrift about 120 nautical miles south of Yarmouth, NS with 32 crew onboard.

It seems they're now started air lifting crew off the ship. The rescue crews and the vessel are battling 55 knot winds and 8 metre seas so some very treacherous conditions. Praying every thing goes well and all can be safely rescued.

My prayers are with them. That sounds so harrowing.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs tried to be physical tonight. Not sure how much effect it had on Senators but they tried. Romanov's hit was a beauty and Edmundson crunching a Sens in the boards was sweet to. Missed the Chiarot's crosscheck on Price. Anyone got that clip?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
KK was the best player. Price won the game. Shut the hell up everyone in their player threads, thanks.

KK was good but Price was only good enough to win. He should have stopped the goal going in.

On KK people complain but Daccord made some pretty good saves against Toffoli and Tatar and Armia which could very well have been assists for KK. I am happy to see that on this game at least he has not focused on trying some physical plays close to the boards.

Reactions: dnl4ever

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I know it's a small sample size but KK and JD look like different players under Ducharme. On D Edmundson played solid tonight.

I agree on both.

Drouin looks very confident, best forward out there and assertive.

And with respect to some complaints, TOI is not a race. I thought KK looked amazing, and I agree with the ice time. He’s being put in situations where he can succeed, if there had of been more PP’s his ice time would have went up.

As he grows defensively, his ice time will increase. When Clod played him 10 min a game, he wasn’t seeing 1st pp time. Not all minutes are equal, I’m happy with his tonight

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Ice of time Centers for tonight
KK 12:50
Dunno 18:36
Suzuki 18:32
Evans 10:59

Lol.

I think you have to put in perspective the fact that they wanted to be sure to win, Danault makes less giveaways than KK does on average even though the later is more creative.

I believe that Ducharme has experience with young players. When you start a job you always try to focus on your weakness rather than your strengths so maybe that is why he tries to make sure the veterans are with him.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
KK was the best player. Price won the game. Shut the hell up everyone in their player threads, thanks.

Ha I have to admit I was really worried that Price was below average statistically and also by judging from the eye test but this post in conjunction with this one game has really made me see the light so thank you. It's good to know we're outta the woods now.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think you have to put in perspective the fact that they wanted to be sure to win, Danault makes less giveaways than KK does on average even though the later is more creative.

I believe that Ducharme has experience with young players. When you start a job you always try to focus on your weakness rather than your strengths so maybe that is why he tries to make sure the veterans are with him.
Danault was often out there just because the youngsters really struggle in the dot and the game was extremely tight.

Suzuki was 3 /11 for 27%
Evans was 1/8 for 13%
KK was 3/6 for 50% but he lost all his 5on5 faceoffs and then just went full Saiyan on the PP winning 3/3.

Danault was 11/17 for 65%, 6/9 for 67% in the D zone.

I mean the coach wants to win the games...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What a horrible game this was to watch.

All the games Ottawa games have pretty much been the same kinds of games.

This team just does not create alot of chances, and it looks like big changes are required to change that.

The only difference between this game, and the last two games is that the habs ended up on the right side of a low scoring game, but creating chances remains an issue.

Reactions: Rapala and GoodKiwi

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I remember when Weber used to shoot the puck like this. Petry has a far more consistent shot.

There few things in hockey more beautiful to me than a well placed slapshot.

Petry does it a little differently than Weber. He picks his spots. Weber's shot historically is just a blur if the goalie is lucky enough to pick it up.

Reactions: Apeironic

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
All the games Ottawa games have pretty much been the same kinds of games.

This team just does not create alot of chances, and it looks like big changes are required to change that.

The only difference between this game, and the last two games is that the habs ended up on the right side of a low scoring game, but creating chances remains an issue.
Scoring chances were 29 to 17 in our favor...

Reactions: Apeironic

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
We are not in a bad position, provided Ducharme can turn this around. We have two games on Calgary and they're playing bad, so there's no immediate danger of failing out of the playoff spot. The second place is well within reach. What a strange season.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We are not in a bad position, provided Ducharme can turn this around. We have two games on Calgary and they're playing bad, so there's no immediate danger of failing out of the playoff spot. The second place is well within reach. What a strange season.
Just need to beat one other team out of seven to get in for god sake, if this team doesn't manage to get into the PO I'm on board to fire everyone and everything!

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
-Getting the W is the bottom line, and we got it done.
-This team isn't going to magically become the best it can be. There will be steps forward throughout the season. I'm already excited though because to me the team looks entirely different breaking out of the zone and in the Ozone.
-KK is starting to take over his shifts. The Sens were giving him a lot of respect. I noticed they were worried about making a move on him because they know he's looking pass.

On to the next one...

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I have a feeling Tatar and Gally don't want that.....
Players want whatever let's them be on the ice the most, and scoring. So no and yes. If someone is dishing passes to me in the slot, i want that center. But not if it reduces my icetime by 3-4 minutes (20-25%) a game. Likely not. Get them playing with kk for 15 a game, and scoring more often i dont think they mind..though i make no claims of knowing what they want.

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Did he struggle? He was brutal! 1/8...
So one game is how you judge players...well done. Add that to your cherry picking fallacies category.

On the year danault is 51.3 percent to evans 50 percent. Not including how often phil gets tossed from the circle. Phil takes 20 faceoffs a game to evans less than 10 which means every 5 games danualt wins one extra faceoff..the horror!

Rookie vs prime 30 million isnt enough nhler.

Btw 99 wasn't even 50 percent on the draw, prob should have been a winger right.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So one game is how you judge players...well done. Add that to your cherry picking fallacies category.

On the year danault is 51.3 percent to evans 50 percent. Not including how often phil gets tossed from the circle. Phil takes 20 faceoffs a game to evans less than 10 which means every 5 games danualt wins one extra faceoff..the horror!

Rookie vs prime 30 million isnt enough nhler.

Btw 99 wasn't even 50 percent on the draw, prob should have been a winger right.
I'm not judging him on one game, I just said he has to be a lot better if he hopes to keep his place in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad