Post-Game Talk: Habs break losing skid. First win for interim coach.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
First 10 games we scored 44 goals....and now this, go figure.

Scored 44 goals mostly via breakaways/rushes/rebounds. No more breakaways/rushes/rebounds, no more goals. It's been the story of the Habs for years and it started under Therrien.

But under Julien, it got even worst. No more Pacioretty and Markov to hide the offensive system issues.

We are already seeing improvement under Ducharme/Burrows, but the players are still adjusting to their new offensive freedom. Goals should come again.

Reactions: BLONG7

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Things I'm happy for:
Ducharme got the monkey off his back
Price won a game with a 0.963 sv%
Habs were 2/3 on the PP (rooting for my boy Burrows)
Petry getting his mojo back with 2 points, 4 pts in the last 3 games (after a stretch of 3 pts in 8 games)
I saw Drouin make at least 1 pretty important D play

Things I'm not so happy for:
KK TOI is a bit low
Suzuki was 27% in FO
Evans was 13% in FO

Surprising stuff:
Edmundson was actually our most used D with 23:34
KK had the most PP time at 1:36
Romanov didn't get any PP or PK time. He was averaging 1:25 PP and 0:56 PK before
edmundson was a wrecking ball all night. played a great game.

its actually a plus that one of the coaches recognized that and gave him more ice time

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Listening to Nilan's show on TSN690 and he just said that even though it's a very small sample size he commented on how much better Drouin looks since the coaching change and he as looked good. I even noticed him making a hit last night. It wasn't a big hit but he initiated contact. He just needs to start shooting more now.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Lehk could play a third line role as a shutdown guy with Danault. Phil needs to get his head out of the clouds and start excelling at the aspects of the game he is vaunted for. Otherwise he is cutting off his nose despite his face when it comes to a new contract. It should be clear to most that the Tatar Gallagher Danault experience is irreparably broken. It could be fallout from the Gallagher contract with the other two guys expecting close to the same. Remember the Subban/Paccioretty kerfuffle this is similar IMO and can't be fixed.
maybe not irreparably broken, but its like he forgot how to play hockey the way that made him successful in the past. even the effort level on some nights is questionable - something that never was an issue in the past

with evans, kotka, and suzuki, you have 3 really young and really green centers, danault needs to get his head out of his ass because the other 3 cannot be expected to be net positives defensively, or in the faceoffs night after night.

faceoffs numbers last night are horrendous

Reactions: Rapala

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
edmundson was a wrecking ball all night. played a great game.

its actually a plus that one of the coaches recognized that and gave him more ice time

He's been better than some people are arguing here for sure.

I was just surprised that he played more than even Petry.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Mr. Ed is who he is, a defensive defenseman who plays a simple game and can excel at it when matched with a good PMD like Petry...Weber should pick up a tip or two from Mr. Ed's simple game...of course, not having to deal with Chairot as his partner would help...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Scoring chances were 29 to 17 in our favor...

I would say the habs had more chances than Ottawa. I take the volume with a grain of salt though because that is subjective.

The main point is that the habs don't have any answers for producing quality chances, especially when they are not in transition. You will notice that if they have the puck in the zone, they funnel low quality pucks to the net, or bring it back to the point for a shot and see what happens.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
You thought Price had a "great" game? LOL

Hey didnt you "give up"?? what are you doing here
If you cant give Price at least some props for last night youre going to be a very very miserable person for these next 5 years, well , more so than you already are anyway.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Poor Edmundson is the recipient of Chiarot blow back because of redundancy. One of them is out of place and we all know which one that is. Too bad we didn't get one of them for 3rd pairing $$$ because the optics would look much better when we realize we have no choice but to bump Romanov.

Reactions: Runner77

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Hey didnt you "give up"?? what are you doing here
If you cant give Price at least some props for last night youre going to be a very very miserable person for these next 5 years, well , more so than you already are anyway.
Why because I disagree with you? Sounds like your projecting bro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad