Post-Game Talk: Habs bounce back with a 7-3 win.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
All of these Vancouver games just reinforce how bad NHL reffing is. The rules are too subjective and the penalties not equally enforced/impactful.

Drouins first penalty last night, how the f*** is that a hook? The stick was parallel to the ice for half a second on a player that no longer had the puck. It had 0 impact on the play. That happens 600 times in a hockey game and gets called once. Just let it go and call the infractions that actually impact the play on the ice. They let things go all the time anyway. Be consistent about what you’re ignoring and the refs will have much less influence on the game.

it’s the same problem with the Myers hit. Sure he’s penalized, but who cares? It’s a nonexistent punishment because he’s out in a game with 3 minutes left that they’re losing 6-3. He knows the context of the hit, and he knows the punishment won’t matter.

I wish referees and the disciplinary committee looked at the context for these types of hits/penalties, because doing it in a game where they’re getting stomped is clearly malicious. It’s not a hockey play.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Again,

Still no opinion on what you should be done by the Habs. You don't care about what should be done, but you criticize those who want action.

Keep dodging and avoiding. " :laugh: "
well I want closure... no ? once a week, 200$/hr after a few months I should be good to go! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Should have been at least 1 or 2 game suspension. Stupid decision.

We'll see what happens Saturday...especially if the game gets out of hand again.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I can't believe I am going to say this (as he was the one that put us into this mess after the first 5-6 years), but MB (so far) appears to deserve GM of the year award more than Claude the Jack Adams.

I'm going to go hide now before the villagers attack me with pitchforks and torches calling me a monster.

It's almost as if we've won against the best teams in the league

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
All of these Vancouver games just reinforce how bad NHL reffing is. The rules are too subjective and the penalties not equally enforced/impactful.

Drouins first penalty last night, how the f*** is that a hook? The stick was parallel to the ice for half a second on a player that no longer had the puck. It had 0 impact on the play. That happens 600 times in a hockey game and gets called once. Just let it go and call the infractions that actually impact the play on the ice. They let things go all the time anyway. Be consistent about what you’re ignoring and the refs will have much less influence on the game.

it’s the same problem with the Myers hit. Sure he’s penalized, but who cares? It’s a nonexistent punishment because he’s out in a game with 3 minutes left that they’re losing 6-3. He knows the context of the hit, and he knows the punishment won’t matter.

I wish referees and the disciplinary committee looked at the context for these types of hits/penalties, because doing it in a game where they’re getting stomped is clearly malicious. It’s not a hockey play.
Phenomenal points. Couldn't agree more with this

Reactions: dinodebino

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
nobody, sure...

Who the **** cares about Timo? He's the dude who would post one-liners about Weal on the PP all year, all night last year.

I even suggested Weber takes a slap shot at Myers, you seriously think I was serious? Da ****?!?

This ain't 8-chan here, sociopaths have been (mostly) weeded out -- to suggest someone here is even CLOSE to wishing Perezhogin-level slashing on Myers is completely asinine.

We all want Myers to pay a la hockey, as he should. This, is the Law. It's there, in a vacuum, for NHL players to abide by.

You'll just see on Saturday I guess, and then you can post on here about how OUTRAGED you are at the retaliation dished out by the Habs.

giphy.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
not really, YOU act that way, the vast majority do nothing when something bad happen to them.

Humans have three basic survival instincts:
1- Social
2- Sexual
3- Self-Preservation

If you get attacked, you will defend and attack back. Basic. Human. Instinct.
You can argue we've evolved beyond that, fine, but it remains a basic instinct. So come down your high horse a little bit. Perfectly normal as a reaction to want to attack back.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Who the **** cares about Timo? He's the dude who would post one-liners about Weal on the PP all year, all night last year.

I even suggested Weber takes a slap shot at Myers, you seriously think I was serious? Da ****?!?

This ain't 8-chan here, sociopaths have been (mostly) weeded out -- to suggest someone here is even CLOSE to wishing Perezhogin-level slashing on Myers is completely asinine.

We all want Myers to pay a la hockey, as he should. This, is the Law. It's there, in a vacuum, for NHL players to abide by.

You'll just see on Saturday I guess, and then you can post on here about how OUTRAGED you are at the retaliation dished out by the Habs.

giphy.gif
you were pretty clear about it : absolutely nobody...

ffs :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Retaliation is not in the 'code'. This ain't the 70's. Myers will get hit more often than usual. I can't see anyone dropping the mitts against him, as we don't have a legit heavyweight. And it's the way this team was built.

Hit the guy at will, make him pay by forcing him to retaliate and get PPs galore and outrun these f***ers like yesterday. Come back home, make love to your wife and prepare to meet the other good team of the division, the Flames. Success!

Armia will get better. We can find a replacement on our taxi squad.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Humans have three basic survival instincts:
1- Social
2- Sexual
3- Self-Preservation

If you get attacked, you will defend and attack back. Basic. Human. Instinct
You can argue we've evolved beyond that, fine, but it remains a basic instinct. So come down your high horse a little bit. Perfectly normal as a reaction to want to attack back.
yet the vast majority of people do nothing when attacked.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
yet the vast majority of people do nothing when attacked.
This isn't ''the majority'' and this isn't society, this is a sport where hitting and fighting is permitted. Did you not see how the players reacted to Armia getting hit?
I don't know what you're arguing about, it's a basic instinct. Fine if you don't want retaliation, fine if you want to say it's a barbaric mindset, but let's not pretend like it's not a normal reaction.

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
The leagues hands will be dirty if this boils over into Saturday. They had an opportunity to make this right and deescalate, but they have done the opposite. I have no problem with Habs players taking penalties to make a point. If the league won't do it, the players will.

Reactions: sbhatt

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
what? no?
tell me, you're in a club having a drink with friends, a guy (at least) twice your size pushes you for no reason... what are the chances you push back ? 10% ? 20% ?

or maybe you'll be brave enough to yell a "hey careful mate!" to the guy ? maybe

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
tell me, you're in a club having a drink with friends, a guy (at least) twice your size pushes you for no reason... what are the chances you push back ? 10% ? 20% ?

or maybe you'll be brave enough to yell a "hey careful mate!" to the guy ? maybe

In fairness, within the context of hockey, nobody goes in alone.

Reactions: Runner77

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
This isn't ''the majority'' and this isn't society, this is a sport where hitting and fighting is permitted. Did you not see how the players reacted to Armia getting hit?
I don't know what you're arguing about, it's a basic instinct. Fine if you don't want retaliation, fine if you want to say it's a barbaric mindset, but let's not pretend like it's not a normal reaction.
your posts about it were about humans, not just a specific group. I replyed to that.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If Myers doesnt get AT LEAST 1 game for a hit like THAT i really dont know what to say...a complete and total failure by the NHL safety team, brutal
The Department of Player Safety has been very inconsistent in both their decisions and logic. I think there should be at least one game but it honestly would not surprise me to see them give him a fine.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Retaliation is not in the 'code'. This ain't the 70's. Myers will get hit more often than usual. I can't see anyone dropping the mitts against him, as we don't have a legit heavyweight. And it's the way this team was built.

Hit the guy at will, make him pay by forcing him to retaliate and get PPs galore and outrun these f***ers like yesterday. Come back home, make love to your wife and prepare to meet the other good team of the division, the Flames. Success!

Armia will get better. We can find a replacement on our taxi squad.

Myers is big but he's not really a fighter

Anderson , Weber , Chiarot and Edmunson can handle him.See :

That said i'm not for retaliation as in someone should go dirty on Myers but i won't be surprised if one of our guys invite him to drop them , he does , they fight and then that's it it's over and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad