Post-Game Talk: Habs bounce back with a 7-3 win.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You work in health care. It's normal/expected of you to be opposed to violence.

We understand.

It's okay to stand up for yourself in professional hockey, especially when a clearly predatory hit goes unpunished. Wouldn't do the same at the grocery store obviously, 911 helps for cases of assault.
meh, I just happen not to play tough guys by wishing other people hit each others, I don't need others to hit each others to feel a resemblance of manhood. And I do not care one bit if they concuss eachothers until retirement. they're entertainment figures nothing else.

Of course you wouldnt, it would require you to act.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
meh, I just happen not to play tough guys by wishing other people hit each others, I don't need others to hit each others to feel a resemblance of manhood. And I do not care one bit if they concuss eachothers until retirement. they're entertainment figures nothing else.

Who said anything about manhood and concussing other players now? Putting words in my mouth?

Stop.

Reactions: jaffy27

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
all this talk about hitting back, retribution, injuring opponents, it's Pejorative Slured.

you guys are closet Leafs and Bruins fans.

On this I agree with you. Definitely do not want to see a dirty hit injuring a player as retribution. Myers should be getting crunched all game long but asking for a dirty hit is not classy.

Reactions: jaffy27 and ECWHSWI

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Has nothing to do with manhood..you hit me, so I hit you. Normal human behavior. You steal my burger...I'll steal yours. You do me a favor, I'll do one for you. ''You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours''...''donnant donnant''...
Basic behavior for what society deems fair.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
all this talk about hitting back, retribution, injuring opponents, it's Pejorative Slured.

you guys are closet Leafs and Bruins fans.

I don't want anyone else on the Canucks hurt but Myers should have to answer for that hit.

Even if it was deemed "legal" in hockey you pay for those and always have. Whether that's a return of a different big hit or you answer the Bell in a fight.

Its part of hockey culture.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't want anyone else on the Canucks hurt but Myers should have to answer for that hit.

Even if it was deemed "legal" in hockey you pay for those and always have. Whether that's a return of a different big hit or you answer the Bell in a fight.

Its part of hockey culture.

ti-Paul think it's a good thing it exists.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
you did re-read, good job! ;)

unpunished ? by the league ? by Habs players ? by the grocery clerk ?

Your assertion can be kept for you yourself and not applied implicitly to other posters though. ;)

Unpunished by the League. Nice attempt to sound condescending. Not reporting you, this is fun.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You obviously never played a contact sport if you don't know the difference. You can hit hard and make sure you give everything in clean hits, and choose to aim for a dangerous body part or hit from a blind spot.
you obviously do not know me, no need to pretend otherwise.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Your assertion can be kept for you yourself and not applied implicitly to other posters though. ;)

Unpunished by the League. Nice attempt to sound condescending. Not reporting you, this is fun.
so you wish he's either suspended OR awsner somehow by I dunno, take part in a fight that will fix nothing ?

sure... :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Has nothing to do with manhood..you hit me, so I hit you. Normal human behavior. You steal my burger...I'll steal yours. You do me a favor, I'll do one for you. ''You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours''...''donnant donnant''...
not really no.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm pissed at Myers also, but sure, we target BB or BH. Next time, they target Zuks or KK. Like, this will happen anyways, I get it, but you're going to get a parade of injured star players plus get your own players suspended. I mean, unless you guys are saying play hard and finish checks with the occasional face wash, sure. I guess maybe I'm old now as 30 years ago, I'd wish harm on every Bruin and Nordique, but I don't like seeing people getting intentionally hurt.

Headhunting only leads to escalation. One has to remember that there will always be a game situation where any player is in a vulnerable position and can easily be injured with a predatory hit. Retaliate cleanly and the message will get across much more effectively.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Going to sidestep the headshot talk bc its obviously dirty and it sucks...

But let's look at some great positives:
-Toffoli looking amazing, and even though his goal scoring ability was on full display, the other parts of his game like positioning, battle, and vision were well represented. Armia and him seem to have chemistry and that whole line had so much confidence.
-Romanov continues to impress
-Anderson had a better game, even without the goal. Seemed to be running around less. Played good D.
-Allen was solid
-Chiarot got his first point
-Price and the guys will have supreme motivation coming into game #3
-Hopefully we get Perry in the lineup

GHG

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind...

Reactions: angusyoung

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
ti-Paul think it's a good thing it exists.

I think its a good thing that it exists, but I hate that has too.

If the NHL did its job taking hits like this out of the game better, then I think it would need to be there less. But if malicious hits that cause concussions are allowed then yes I am perfectly fine with Hockey's version of vigilante retribution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad