Post-Game Talk: Habs bounce back with a 7-3 win.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I hope not. Didn't Anderson originally injure his shoulder in a fight? Why bother risking potentially a second long-term injury on a lug like Myers?
I’m playing my game but I’m putting a lot emphasis on finishing my checks on their top forwards......Petterson, Boeser and Horvat will be eating the boards all night.....make it such a misery to come in our corners.

I imagine Myers will have to answer to someone though at some point.......Habs dictate this though.....let Myers think about this all game.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The vast majority of people don't fight back.
That's why crime does indeed pay!!

Most people just take it at best/worst, try to flee.
So if you in a bar with your lady and a guy is grabbing her her behind and laughing in your face are you stepping up?

You get provoked enough you will react, you will fight back.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Evans was front and centre, same with Lehkonen if I remember correctly.....kudos to those boys, I’m proud of them......gone are the Brisebois days of wiffing by looking down and pretending nothing happened.

Next game should be interesting, especially if Habs start running away with the game.

It's even better cause there won't be any suspensions. ;)

Reactions: jaffy27

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
So if you in a bar with your lady and a guy is grabbing her her behind and laughing in your face are you stepping up?

You get provoked enough you will react, you will fight back.
On one hand it would be hard not to uppercut the guy.

But in the real world, I get arrested for a bar brawl, I can kiss my career good-bye.

Not everyone gets to act like a thug.

Doesn't mean i wouldn't destroy the guy but id do it legally.

But thats just me.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If you don't think Edmundson or Anderson will be challenging him next game I think you are mistaken.
If Anderson offers to drop the mitts, he's stupid. He's too important to be glued on the penalty bench for 5mins with a sieve like Myers. The trade-off would be ridiculous. Edmundson, maybe.

Hit Myers. All. Game. Long. That's how you retaliate.

Reactions: Rapala and dkd

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Armia had a good game, but the hit reeks past vengeance to me. Maybe he hated his guts in Winterpeg, who knows!

Anything is possible.

All I know is, Myers needs to be held accountable for that he did, and if the league won't make that happen, guess the players need to take it into their own hands..

Reactions: Forum93 and jaffy27

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Anything is possible.

All I know is, Myers needs to be held accountable for that he did, and if the league won't make that happen, guess the players need to take it into their own hands..
If someone invites him to dance, might as well be 44. Don't know if he can drop them, tho.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’m playing my game but I’m putting a lot emphasis on finishing my checks on their top forwards......Petterson, Boeser and Horvat will be eating the boards all night.....make it such a misery to come in our corners.

I imagine Myers will have to answer to someone though at some point.......Habs dictate this though.....let Myers think about this all game.

Myers has looked pretty clueless ever since I've seen him as a canuck. He's either already not thinking at all or thinking too much lol

Reactions: dinodebino

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
We have to consider we play them 6 or 7 more times. Why have them hunt down our players if we retaliate. Just win
Yeah just win. They will lose points, they will be out of PO, we will go all the way in PO and they will be playing golf like losers they are.
Don't fall into their game, it's a trap. We'll lose players injured by doing so. They are like the Leafs of Ballard's era.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If someone invites him to dance, might as well be 44. Don't know if he can drop them, tho.

tbh, I'm not sure if we have anyone who can fight him and destroy him, likely not, from what I hear Myers is a tough customer.

I think we just play an all around nasty game, and really take it to them on the scoreboard and with hits. I'm not advocating injuring anyone, but let's finish our checks against their young guns.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
No suspension that is crazy... contact with the head could have been avoided... anytime a player hit aiming the far shoulder it mean that he past hitting the near shoulder which would have avoided contact with the head... Myers also lower is body and extended to deliver the hit, to basically throw a uncut with is shoulder... Armia basically didn’t move Myers had him lined up for like a good 2sec knowing he was already engage with someone else in a puck battle and in a vulnerable position. That was a dangerous hit and intended to injury not having any disciplinary action is crazy...

Scott1243

Oct 17, 2017
If this hit happened to Crosby, McDavid or pig nose (Mathews) Myers would've gotten suspended forsure! No way the league let's that go on a "star" player. Guaranteed!

So yes if Myers gets hammered or needs to pay the piper I'm all for it. Retribution by Armia's teammates doesnt have to be dirty, all it has to do is send a message that the hit was BS and the team won't stand for it. And for the love of God can the refs stop calling stupid penalties. If its a legit scoring chance, or a dirty crosscheck or hit from behind call it, other than that let it go, since both teams will most likely commit similar infractions. Ok I'm done.

Loving this team, go Habs go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad