Post-Game Talk: Habs bounce back with a 7-3 win.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You still haven't addressed it. Amazing. No opinion on what should be done. :biglaugh:

All you do is respond with questions. Very little substance.
I have zero care about players safety and health, they're not friends, they're not family members either. They chose to play this game knowing full well what were the risks.

replace Armia, get back to hockey.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think its a good thing that it exists, but I hate that has too.

If the NHL did its job taking hits like this out of the game better, then I think it would need to be there less. But if malicious hits that cause concussions are allowed then yes I am perfectly fine with Hockey's version of vigilante retribution.
allowed ? didnt the ref gave a penalty to Myers ?

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I have zero care about players safety and health, they're not friends, they're not family members either. They chose to play this game knowing full well what were the risks.

So good clean hit from your perspective. No suspension necessary. Gotcha.

kgT1uOOsvUrhtDwek5rvSUSWwhWGBBHR709nWVzOc86wa56F7eJmxQEJFI4ia3zUSyd6qsM

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did he get a game or just 5 minutes major? Or both go hand in hand?

Good question, I may have wrongly assumed it was a game misconduct cause he left the game after it was announced. Maybe he just left cause there was less than 5 minutes to go.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
werent you whining about "putting words in your mouth" earlier ?

If it's a dirty hit you should want a suspension. Which you don't. You're happy with the in-game penalty. 'Get back to hockey' without providing ANY INSIGHT WHATSOEVER of what you think the Habs should do as a result.

"I have zero care about players safety and health, they're not friends, they're not family members either. They chose to play this game knowing full well what were the risks"

Zero care is right. Zero opinion either. :laugh:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
allowed ? didnt the ref gave a penalty to Myers ?

So one of my favourite books/studies is Posner's Economic Analysis of Law.

In which uses economic optimization models to find the correct punishments for crimes. And if the punishment doesn't meet the threshold determined (optimal point) then you may as well not even punish the crime and it is effectively allowed.

For example if the punishment for robbing a bank is 2 weeks in jail then while its illegal, from a psychological & Economic point of view then yes its allowed because the gain from committing the action far outweighs the cost of getting cost multiplied by the likelihood of getting caught.

Applying this concept to the Myers hit, if the penalty for this hit is 2.5 minutes (how much time was left in the game) then yes it is allowed. Myers didn't hurt his team, the game was over so he effectively was not punished for injuring a player. So from my field's pov yes it is allowed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Why do we have to make the risks so high for the players? Why not just eliminate head shots?

The answer: I think the large majority of fans don't think like you. They're more entertained by having players healthy than seeing them concussed by predatory blind side head shots.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I think they might replace Armia with Frolik, not Perry. Frolik was signed before, which tells me they might hold him in higher value than Perry. He also place a similar game to Armia, size, puck protection and all.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If it's a dirty hit you should want a suspension. Which you don't. You're happy with the in-game penalty. 'Get back to hockey' without providing ANY INSIGHT WHATSOEVER of what you think the Habs should do as a result.

"I have zero care about players safety and health, they're not friends, they're not family members either. They chose to play this game knowing full well what were the risks"

Zero care is right. Zero opinion either. :laugh:
me saying I dont care = you thinking I'm happy with... ? for real ?

again, I was pretty clear with my "caring", that's not enough for you ? seriously ?

retaliation, retribution, vengeance. etc never fixes anything, we both know it, yet for some reason you believ Habs players are forced to react the way you want them to ? even though their reaction will not fix anything ? and you laugh at other people ?

unbelievable :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
me saying I dont care = you thinking I'm happy with... ? for real ?

again, I was pretty clear with my "caring", that's not enough for you ? seriously ?

retaliation, retribution, vengeance. etc never fixes anything, we both know it, yet for some reason you believ Habs players are forced to react the way you want them to ? even though their reaction will not fix anything ? and you laugh at other people ?

unbelievable :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Still no opinion on what you should be done by the Habs. You don't care about what should be done, but you criticize those who want action.

Pathetic. I did stress "zero opinion" on your not-caring statement btw.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Maybe I'm in the minority, but no, I don't believe this. This is stupid goonery hockey that I don't think has any place anymore. Yes, play hard, HIT the Bo's or Petey, but keep it clean. I don't want to watch figure skating, but I see no need to intentionally target and injure star players. If I want to be unbiased, like the stuff with Weber smashing Matthews? That's fine. Domi sucker punching Ekblad? That's not needed.
Exactly, it's stooping to their level. We'd be no better than the Bruins of 2011. The Canucks weren't really dirty the previous games so let's not go all nearderthal because of one meathead decided to give out a dirty hit. Au pire, you keep sending Anderson on his ass the next game Myers plays against us.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So one of my favourite books/studies is Posner's Economic Analysis of Law.

In which uses economic optimization models to find the correct punishments for crimes. And if the punishment doesn't meet the threshold determined (optimal point) then you may as well not even punish the crime and it is effectively allowed.

For example if the punishment for robbing a bank is 2 weeks in jail then while its illegal, from a psychological & Economic point of view then yes its allowed because the gain from committing the action far outweighs the cost of getting cost multiplied by the likelihood of getting caught.

Applying this concept to the Myers hit, if the penalty for this hit is 2.5 minutes (how much time was left in the game) then yes it is allowed. Myers didn't hurt his team, the game was over so he effectively was not punished for injuring a player. So from my field's pov yes it is allowed.
If you don't understand why it does not apply to the Myers hit, you're in the wrong field.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I keep looking at the replay and i STILL have no idea what the hell Pettersson was trying to do on the 2nd Toffoli goal lmao
Theres TWO HABS in the passing lane and he tries it anyway wow lol
The best is watching him put his head down to skate back and he over pedals and falls down , completely resigns and looks like he knows without a doubt Toffoli is about to score to boot lol

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Exactly, it's stooping to their level. We'd be no better than the Bruins of 2011. The Canucks weren't really dirty the previous games so let's not go all nearderthal because of one meathead decided to give out a dirty hit. Au pire, you keep sending Anderson on his ass the next game Myers plays against us.

Au pire, tu dis à Anderson not to injure himself again trying. I'd send Perry or one of the D's pinching in. Hit him hard, clean and often.

Absolutely nobody is talking about going Perezhogin on the dude.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Still no opinion on what you should be done by the Habs. You don't care about what should be done, but you criticize those who want action.

Pathetic. I did stress "zero opinion" on your not-caring statement btw.
closet Bruins fan.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I think they might replace Armia with Frolik, not Perry. Frolik was signed before, which tells me they might hold him in higher value than Perry. He also place a similar game to Armia, size, puck protection and all.

Frolik might be a better fit as well, considering Toffoli is not the fastest skater either and KK is still only improving in that department. Frolik is also a decent playmaker and strong forechecker.

I'm not saying he's a carbon-copy of Armia but, he brings more to the table than Perry does, at this stage in their careers, TBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad