Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Sens 3 (SO)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Even though he struggled in the shootout, we wouldn't have got there if it weren't for him.

Not to mention, that is pretty much the first thing I would choose to have as a goalies problem.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Another day, another shootout loss...

At least we're getting points against the top teams in the east. I'd be angrier if all these SO losses were piling up against teams like the Panthers.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Can someone pull Bishop's Shoot Out stats from last season.

I seem to remember him being brutal.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Lehner had a better Shootout sv% this year in the AHL than Bishop. All we need to do is keep stealing these points and we'll be fine. What Anderson would have done is irrelevant.

Exique*

For the guys who were mentioning Daug for SO...

As a goalie, Bishop says he has no problem with players wanting to try new moves.

"I know when I saw it the first time I wasn't sure if he was serious or messing around," Bishop said. "He's beat me a few times with it because he can do different things off of it which makes it really effective."
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...daugavins.html

He could easily flip his stick and do a little backhand/forehand deke or just go for the simple wrister. IMHO there are lots of ways to mix it up...

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Another day, another shootout loss...

At least we're getting points against the top teams in the east. I'd be angrier if all these SO losses were piling up against teams like the Panthers.

Yep, as a rebuilding team with a ton of injuries just making the playoffs is nice. It doesn't matter how many points the teams ahead of us get, just as long as we are getting more then the teams chasing us.

Our next 5 are big ones as 4 of those teams are behind us, and 2 of those are very much in the playoff race

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Hey guys. I thought holding the stick was suppose to be a penalty. I mean, Habs players were dropping their stick to hold Sens sticks, and we get a hooking penalty?

I don't get it.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Theres nothing overall to be mad about.

As it sinks in i was closing my mac when Alfie hit crossbar but it was in.

Weircoch ties it out of nowhere.

We get a point and lose a shootout that never would happen in a "real" game. AKA....playoffs.

Leafs were humbled by a team that isn't Boston last night and watched us get a point tonight as they prepare for the Pens.

Good times.

Bigup

Stache consultant
Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa
Okay so we're not good at the shootout. This isn't something new guys. We've always been bad at it. So F the shootout and try and win the game BEFORE the shootout. All these comments ripping the goalies for the loss because their bad at shoot outs is getting tiresome.
Did we forget that our goalies are actually keeping us in 95% of our games?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

Why should we go out of our way to prove that our one goalie with a decent record in the shootout this year actually sucks to make our goalie with the poor record not look so bad? I love the kid but Lehnsanity can be dangerous.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
There's no doubt that all players do some diving and all teams do it.

There's also no doubt Montreal as a team is one of the worst offenders, if not the worst.

I mean WOW. Constantly feigning **** and then spending a good 5-10 seconds staring at the refs.

Also Pacioretty is without a doubt the dirtiest player in the league. Crosschecking, slewfooting, headhunting, diving. The full package. The thing that really separates him from the competition though? He complains when other people dare to hit him or do the same dirty **** he does.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Was only in two shootouts, lost them both. Went 3-for-6 in shootout save%.

March 10th Vs Buffalo, let in 2 Shootout goals (vs 1 for us)
March 14th vs Montreal, let in one shootout goal (vs 0 for us)

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Typical Montreal flopping around. Oh well. Thanks for the bonus point, Carey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad