Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Sens 3 (SO)

Bigup

Stache consultant
Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa
Theres nothing overall to be mad about.

As it sinks in i was closing my mac when Alfie hit crossbar but it was in.

Weircoch ties it out of nowhere.

We get a point and lose a shootout that never would happen in a "real" game. AKA....playoffs.

Leafs were humbled by a team that isn't Boston last night and watched us get a point tonight as they prepare for the Pens.

Good times.

Just couldn't stay away huh? You know this team doesn't quit! :D

Milan the God*

Hey guys. I thought holding the stick was suppose to be a penalty. I mean, Habs players were dropping their stick to hold Sens sticks, and we get a hooking penalty?

I don't get it.

This game was just flat out officiated poorly. This is the second time (and thankfully, last) time we went into the Bell Centre and left with some shady reffing. Montreal has some great players, but players such as Gallagher, Subban and DD go down pretty easily.

Anyways, not disappointed with the one point. Ballsy effort coming back from 3-1 against the top team in the conference. Huge four points coming up against Buffalo and especially Winnipeg.

TheOriginalSilf*

One-way officiating all night long. That's not even up for debate. Mind you, a shootout loss is a shootout loss. We'll take the point.

I love Alfie, but retire him from the shootout.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I hate losing to Montreal because they're such ********. Honestly, Therrien, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Subban, Gallagher...there's hardly anyone with integrity on that team. The diving is out of control.

I want to know, do the refs not watch the game to review their work? Do they not see the blatant diving and cheap tactics? How does Montreal continue to get the benefit of the doubt? It's honestly baffling. That ref last year called Karlsson a diver almost entirely based on absolutely nothing. Yet Montreal somehow doesn't cut the mustard for diving? GTFO refs.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Good game guys, I personally think that without your injuries, your team would hold the top spot.

Truly remarkable what the Sens have been able to accomplish.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
One-way officiating all night long. That's not even up for debate. Mind you, a shootout loss is a shootout loss. We'll take the point.

I love Alfie, but retire him from the shootout.
Who are you going to replace him with?

Although, seeing with how bad we are at scoring in the shootout, I've always wondered why we don't try this:

For the first shooter, send out the guy with the hardest shot on the team. His job is to wire a slapshot at the goalie's head as hard as he can. This will hopefully rattle the goalie enough that shooters number 2 and 3 score. Hope that our goalie makes 2 out of 3 saves. Win the shootout.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Just couldn't stay away huh? You know this team doesn't quit! :D

when u work at 6 and the Habs make it 3-1 late in the second, i was ready to go night night.

Then Alfie proved his status as a man who isn't mortal. I didn't just say i was closing my laptop i meant it. Watched the goal happen on the repay and decided to watch the first 10 of the third. Good choice.

Ended the game angry. Then put it all back into perspective. On a different note, the people who call into the Sens post game show are really lame...wow.

TheOriginalSilf*

Who are you going to replace him with?

Although, seeing with how bad we are at scoring in the shootout, I've always wondered why we don't try this:

For the first shooter, send out the guy with the hardest shot on the team. His job is to wire a slapshot at the goalie's head as hard as he can. This will hopefully rattle the goalie enough that shooters number 2 and 3 score. Hope that our goalie makes 2 out of 3 saves. Win the shootout.

Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Daugavins, Regin, Latendresse. **** it, throw in Gryba. Mix it up.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Could you imagine how good we would be if we had Spezza and Karlsson in the lineup? Next year this team will be scary good I say, with all the experience our young guys are getting we will have 4 lines that can score and with our elite goaltending the Sens will be hard to beat. :yo::handclap:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I wanna see a line of Silf-Zibby-Alfie for at least a game. Silf-Zibby were making some unbelievable plays today.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Sorry folks, this loss is my fault, I bet vcash on this. I've bet like 10 times this season and every team I have bet for has lost.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
For all the *****ing and moaning about diving and officiating I don't see anyone complaining about Zack Smith diving to draw a penalty that resulted in a 1-1 game.

Habs can dive all they want but Ottawa was WAY too undisciplined tonight. They knew what was going on with the officials and Habs doing their Alexandre Despatie impression. There was no adjustment made. Too many sticks getting horizontal and way too much straddling of the 'line' when trying to throw big hits.

All in all, Sens played a solid game all around. Gryba continues to impress me. He should not be this good. All our Bingo D are playing way over their heads and I love. It just frustrates me that Mac didn't call a timeout or address the penalty matter in between intermissions. We will not win games if we take this many penalties against top tier opponents.

The major positive right now is the offense. We're finally scoring consistently on the road. When Spezza and Michalek return, we'll be back to being one of the top offensive teams in the east even without Karlsson.

Next game against Winnipeg is huge. Glad I have tickets!

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
For all the *****ing and moaning about diving and officiating I don't see anyone complaining about Zack Smith diving to draw a penalty that resulted in a 1-1 game.

Habs can dive all they want but Ottawa was WAY too undisciplined tonight. They knew what was going on with the officials and Habs doing their Alexandre Despatie impression. There was no adjustment made. Too many sticks getting horizontal and way too much straddling of the 'line' when trying to throw big hits.

All in all, Sens played a solid game all around. Gryba continues to impress me. He should not be this good. All our Bingo D are playing way over their heads and I love. It just frustrates me that Mac didn't call a timeout or address the penalty matter in between intermissions. We will not win games if we take this many penalties against top tier opponents.

The major positive right now is the offense. We're finally scoring consistently on the road. When Spezza and Michalek return, we'll be back to being one of the top offensive teams in the east even without Karlsson.

Next game against Winnipeg is huge. Glad I have tickets!

Its exciting and your right.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Could you imagine how good we would be if we had Spezza and Karlsson in the lineup? Next year this team will be scary good I say, with all the experience our young guys are getting we will have 4 lines that can score and with our elite goaltending the Sens will be hard to beat. :yo::handclap:

Ottawa needs to sign a bonafide top-6 guy to replace Alfie, even if Alfie comes back next year.

Perry is probably out of the question, but he is the kind of player to replace a player of Alfie’s calibre. With all due respect to Spetzky, the organization still does not have anybody to replace Alfie (now or in 5 years). Karlsson may turn out to be the best Sens ever, but he plays a different position.

Ottawa will be good, but to be scary good they need at least one more top-6 forward, and maybe a veteran defenceman who is more stable than Chris “diss†Phillps.

Exique*

I've been a terrible fan lately.. Missed the last 3 games. Heard Zbad scored with a rocket tonight.

Any input on how we looked?

IMHO we were pretty good considering *holes* in the lineup. Also this would've ended differently if not for the one-sided calls...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Okay so we're not good at the shootout. This isn't something new guys. We've always been bad at it. So F the shootout and try and win the game BEFORE the shootout. All these comments ripping the goalies for the loss because their bad at shoot outs is getting tiresome.
Did we forget that our goalies are actually keeping us in 95% of our games?

It would be easier to do if the Habs weren't getting powerplays all the time when we have momentum. I mean, diving needs to be addressed. If I were in the NHL I would try and do what Julien did...but as every coach that Montreal plays against. If it gets enough attention something will have to be done to address it.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Penalties in general are just bad for the quality of hockey games. Obviously I'm not saying there shouldn't be power plays but when the refs give them out every couple minutes it kills the flow of the game, drags it out with extra timeouts, and ultimately turns the game to ****. Reffing this season, and the last couple of seasons for that matter, has been hit or miss in terms of how many are given out per game. The games where few are given out have always been the best, most entertaining games to watch.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
PM is a massive key for us. This exact same group of players could suck if the GM and Coach were LOSERS. The GM and Coach expect to win. We should be happy as fans. Murray built the Ducks when Burke won. PM was a huge part of the winning Wings. Sens are in a sweet position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad