Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Sens 3 (SO)

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
What did Smith do?

Also Galchenyuk's even was one of about 100 that happened from Montreal's side last night. It's not really comparable. That doesn't even include all the interference and stick holding.

They can crack down on it by reviewing games and handing out suspensions to clear divers like the do in European soccer. Also just calling diving by itself as opposed to calling double penalties works too.

Smith dove to draw a hooking call.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You're going to go crazy if you start counting up individual infractions.

When they take away clear scoring chances, yes, they can be aggravating.

Otherwise, refs are going to miss things. Why?

1. They're human.

AND/oR

2. They're just not going to call endless amounts of penalties.

A lot of the calls last night were the obvious ones. There weren't too many phantom calls, if any.

Maybe it's just the standard of refereeing these days, but I'd call that a decently reffed game.

Ottawa was on the back foot, so to speak, in that 3rd period, and we had a tough time keeping up with the Canadiens. That much was obvious. It was compounded by the fact that we were killing penalty after penalty, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Ottawa killed them off, and deserved a point just for that.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
One of 100? lol really?

Ok, I don't see how debates can be fruitful when people use hyperbole to prove their point.

Handing out suspensions to clear divers? Come on lol...there wouldn't be enough players to play the game if they suspended players for diving.

They might be able to crack down on it by reviewing games and handing out fines to players (though i think they do this already), but suspend players? That's a bit extreme

Hyperbole? Welcome to the Sens board buddy. Plenty of hyperbole to go around.

You're going to go crazy if you start counting up individual infractions.

When they take away clear scoring chances, yes, they can be aggravating.

Otherwise, refs are going to miss things. Why?

1. They're human.

AND/oR

2. They're just not going to call endless amounts of penalties.

A lot of the calls last night were the obvious ones. There weren't too many phantom calls, if any.

Maybe it's just the standard of refereeing these days, but I'd call that a decently reffed game.

Ottawa was on the back foot, so to speak, in that 3rd period, and we had a tough time keeping up with the Canadiens. That much was obvious. It was compounded by the fact that we were killing penalty after penalty, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Ottawa killed them off, and deserved a point just for that.

Pretty much.

There's no grey area with the fans it seems. It's either they want the refs to work to rule and call everything little thing, or they want the refs to put away the whistles and not interfere with the flow of the game.

So whether the refs call everything or nothing, it's always gonna be their fault when we lose. It's just fan bias. Sens can do no wrong.

The Sens are fast and physical, but most importantly, young. They're gonna make glaring mistakes and they're gonna be reckless at times. It just comes with the territory.

I'm not saying refs make no mistakes either. But it's not their job to make the game as even as possible it's to make it as fair as possible.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Didn't know where to put this

@tsn_wally: Matt Kassian on the ice today wearing #28. Lundin skating in a regular spot and Durzinski skating in non contact gray jersey.

2CHHHHAAAAIIIIINNNZZZZZ

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I'm just getting sick of watching blatant interference committed against a lot of our quicker forwards without being called, then some of our D-men get called because a forward fell down within 10 feet of them.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Random and late thought --- Love Methot. Not only his play, but also his just presence for the team. He just seems like such a quality character to have on the line up, and is so encouraging and smart. Also love his post game interviews.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Random and late thought --- Love Methot. Not only his play, but also his just presence for the team. He just seems like such a quality character to have on the line up, and is so encouraging and smart. Also love his post game interviews.

What I've also noticed is that I tend to be impressed with whoever plays with him. Gryba looked amazing paired with Methot, and I have found he's struggled a bit since he started playing with Phillips.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I had this bizarrely vivid dream the night of the Montreal game where Methot was traded by Murray to Edmonton after the game.

I was so irate.

I woke up, and I was still mad, and then I was like, wait a second...the Oiler player didn't exist. It was something like Brent Smith.

Plus, why would Murray trade him? And why right after the game in the middle of the night?

Ah, rationality.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I had this bizarrely vivid dream the night of the Montreal game where Methot was traded by Murray to Edmonton after the game.

I was so irate.

I woke up, and I was still mad, and then I was like, wait a second...the Oiler player didn't exist. It was something like Brent Smith.

Plus, why would Murray trade him? And why right after the game in the middle of the night?

Ah, rationality.

How's that fever?

WhiteLight*

OT, Pam from the Nyquil commercial.. you know ''Pam... Pam... can you call my mom?''

Pam is hot

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
As a Bruin fan I totally agree. I watched the game on and off and they really work the refs well. They don't outright flop and flail but the at opportune times simply go down easily. Julien was the only coach to say so. I am hoping other's would before the playoffs, when a power play can make or break a series.

On Patch, for a guy that was hurt, he really shows no compassion when he has a chance to lay someone out that is vulnerable so far in his career. He will never stand up and fight but back stab when its handy. To me that's the dirtiest thing you can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad