Post-Game Talk: Habs 0 - Sens 3 in last preseason game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Reminder: Jordie Benn played a nice couple games when he was traded to Montreal in exchange for the superior Greg Pateryn.

Due to that, both the media and a large fraction of this community raved as to what a steal of he was, and many argued that he should be protected.
The real reason is that Bergy thinks he’s really cool with his beard. Bergy loves manly men.

Reactions: sandviper

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And people want Kotkaniemi on this train wreck. Who thinks his development will take precedence when Julien and MB feel the heat and need to protect their sorry ass jobs ?
I kind of want him here just so I don't have to suffer through a Habs game. However, it is absolutely the right call to send him back if he isn't a star right out of the gate.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I kind of want him here just so I don't have to suffer through a Habs game. However, it is absolutely the right call to send him back if he isn't a star right out of the gate.

This. When he’s dressed, I look forward to watching his shifts. The team just doesn’t inspire me otherwise but yeah, I’d expect to see him sent home if he struggles early on.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
This. When he’s dressed, I look forward to watching his shifts. The team just doesn’t inspire me otherwise but yeah, I’d expect to see him sent home if he struggles early on.
That’s why I’ve been preaching to throw him to the wolves and play him at 1C with fist unit PP time for 9 games, not 5-6, 9 games, if he’s killing it then you ride him longer.

Reactions: sandviper

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Drouin is so overrated. This kid doesn’t have what it takes to finish at the NHL level.

At times in junior, the kid looked like God. I know that Junior and the NHL is a big step but you cannot be that dominant and then be so average in the NHL. There are things he used to do that he doesn't do anymore. He used to have more drive, I think. That is how he got to be selected 3rd overall.

I predict the ceiling for him might be 20 goals per season which wouldn't be too bad. The positive is that I don't think Sergachev will be a star either. It might be an even trade if we didn't need a D core, which we do.

Eggbeater

Jul 4, 2007
I see a lot of dramatic whining and dark sarcasm in this thread, with quips about how it's going to be a disaster of a season based on this one game. Yes this is not going to be a great team, but do you guys realize that most of the best performers in the preseason (Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Mete, Reilly) were not playing in this game? Not to mention Domi not there and Drouin at center. This won't be the team iced on Oct 3rd.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I see a lot of dramatic whining and dark sarcasm in this thread, with quips about how it's going to be a disaster of a season based on this one game. Yes this is not going to be a great team, but do you guys realize that most of the best performers in the preseason (Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Mete, Reilly) were not playing in this game? Not to mention Domi not there and Drouin at center. This won't be the team iced on Oct 3rd.
Who cares really. The team is going to suck. No need to pretend like we have any hope for next season.
It will be interesting to see how some guys grow and watch youngsters improve. That's all there is to next year.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Armia's stick handling is elite

Armia has been disappointing so far. You can see him make some dazzling moves every now and then but it looks like he's doing it just as inconsistently as in Winnipeg. That's why he was a 30 point player last year, and not a 50-60 point player I think he has the potential to be.

Reactions: Tyson

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Armia has been disappointing so far. You can see him make some dazzling moves every now and then but it looks like he's doing it just as inconsistently as in Winnipeg. That's why he was a 30 point player last year, and not a 50-60 point player I think he has the potential to be.
Thought the same today, some slick moves where he played keep away but nothing came of it, reminded me a bit of Eller to be honest. Needs to use his size and drive the net

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Drouin is so overrated. This kid doesn’t have what it takes to finish at the NHL level.

He is so frustrating to watch, not at all the player I thought we were getting when the trade was made last year. He is soft, content to play on the perimeter away from the dangerous scoring areas..

Unless he begins to start shooting and using his speed to drive the net, he will be a huge disappointment again this year.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
He is so frustrating to watch, not at all the player I thought we were getting when the trade was made last year. He is soft, content to play on the perimeter away from the dangerous scoring areas..

Unless he begins to start shooting and using his speed to drive the net, he will be a huge disappointment again this year.

The kid is an elite playmaker. He’ll never be a top goal scorer, but I’ve seen at least a dozen passes he made (that no one else on the team can make) this pre season that should have resulted in a goal. He’s not getting the points because his line mates are making dumb shot selections after being set up with a prime scoring chance.

Reactions: Belial

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The kid is an elite playmaker. He’ll never be a top goal scorer, but I’ve seen at least a dozen passes he made (that no one else on the team can make) this pre season that should have resulted in a goal. He’s not getting the points because his line mates are making dumb shot selections after being set up with a prime scoring chance.

Lol, no, he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad