Post-Game Talk: Habs 0 - Sens 3 in last preseason game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The kid is an elite playmaker. He’ll never be a top goal scorer, but I’ve seen at least a dozen passes he made (that no one else on the team can make) this pre season that should have resulted in a goal. He’s not getting the points because his line mates are making dumb shot selections after being set up with a prime scoring chance.
He is not elite at anything other than skating. Most plays die on his stick

Reactions: Habs Icing

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The kid is an elite playmaker. He’ll never be a top goal scorer, but I’ve seen at least a dozen passes he made (that no one else on the team can make) this pre season that should have resulted in a goal. He’s not getting the points because his line mates are making dumb shot selections after being set up with a prime scoring chance.
Correction. He is an inconsistent stay on the perimeter elite playmaker.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I see a lot of dramatic whining and dark sarcasm in this thread, with quips about how it's going to be a disaster of a season based on this one game. Yes this is not going to be a great team, but do you guys realize that most of the best performers in the preseason (Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Mete, Reilly) were not playing in this game? Not to mention Domi not there and Drouin at center. This won't be the team iced on Oct 3rd.

While it's true we're missing Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Mete and Reilly.

Those players would help the team. But ultimately, the truth is we're also unnecessarily missing Galchenyuk, Subban, Radulov, and Markov, and that's why this team has a lack of talent, will be brutal to watch, and will not do well in the standings.

Insert Kotkaniemi, Galllagher, Mete, Reilly, Galchneyuk, Radulov, Subban, (let's forget Markov), and then you have a team enough talent to build around.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

habs73

Jul 29, 2006

He shows flashes but he is not consistent in anything he does on the ice. For all those passes he makes I bet there are almost as many turnovers credited to him.

He is a winger and we need him to score goals..

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
hes not a fast player by any means but he has amazing hands and defensive IQ with a good shot. and seems to win puck battles like no one i have seen. he seems to be a shy person and takes time to get comfortable but plays better the more confident he gets
That's exactly how I'd describe his time with the Habs so far.

Of course, people a player, playing on a new team, with new teammates and a new role, to just produce right away.

I think he's been fine and he'll prove very useful.

Reactions: 204hockey

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Armia has been disappointing so far. You can see him make some dazzling moves every now and then but it looks like he's doing it just as inconsistently as in Winnipeg. That's why he was a 30 point player last year, and not a 50-60 point player I think he has the potential to be.
The reason he was more of s 30pt player and not a 50-60pt player with the Jets had more to do with their depth and his role on the team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So many pieces that don’t make sense

Smallish players
Too many slow, stay at home D who can’t move the puck
The best D in camp has 49 NHL games of experience
The pieces of the puzzle simply do not fit

I am a glutton though and will watch this mess throughout the year. Sad

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Smallish players

It's almost worth it to see how Alzner finds new ways to suck

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The reason he was more of s 30pt player and not a 50-60pt player with the Jets had more to do with their depth and his role on the team.
I bet he does not hit 30 points this year. That’s his upside. The reason he was not in the top 6 in Winnipeg is because he is not top 6 material.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

It's true that he had no chance making it in to the top 6 with the Jets seeing how stacked they are especially at RW but if he could be the force he's shown he can be, consistently shift after shift there's no way he's a 30 point player even with the role he got. The tools are undeniable but the moments when he's actually able to use them to produce are too far and few between.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Smallish players

tickets still available ....

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

He may be elite at making plays for himself but he's not really good at all at using his linemates. That's why he was so terrible at centre last year. Let him do his thing in the perimeter and he's great but don't count on him being the driver of his line.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Finally the preseason is over (I missed the good old days when preseason games were not on TV or anywhere).
Time to get to serious things. Time to finally saw how this team will look this season (Sadly, it's something we didn't saw in preseason....the 2018-2019 Habs didn't play a game yet)

Having said that, who cares who won the practice last night, it wasn't important....but wednesday it is.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I bet he does not hit 30 points this year. That’s his upside. The reason he was not in the top 6 in Winnipeg is because he is not top 6 material.
I hope the coaching staff shows more patience then a lot of habs fans have.

P.s. I think having Blake Wheeler and Patrick Laine ahead of him at RW may have been a factor in the amount of opportunities Armia had in the top 6 in Winnipeg.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
While it's true we're missing Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Mete and Reilly.

Those players would help the team. But ultimately, the truth is we're also unnecessarily missing Galchenyuk, Subban, Radulov, and Markov, and that's why this team has a lack of talent, will be brutal to watch, and will not do well in the standings.

Insert Kotkaniemi, Galllagher, Mete, Reilly, Galchneyuk, Radulov, Subban, (let's forget Markov), and then you have a team enough talent to build around.
Living in the past. Sentences like this makes discussions very difficult. It was maybe 200% wrong but they are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He may be elite at making plays for himself but he's not really good at all at using his linemates. That's why he was so terrible at centre last year. Let him do his thing in the perimeter and he's great but don't count on him being the driver of his line.
Just him alone he will not succeed at anything. He defenitively needs linemates to follow him and complete his plays. Nobody consider him elite player except some biaised montreal medias, I see him him just under elite player and it's all right. Give him a good center and we'll see.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I just read the first page after the game.... lol.. what a bunch of drama queens we have!
It's one game.... in pre-season.

Is this team going to make the playoffs.... probably not.
Would I want #15 here all year... no ..let him dominate in the AHL after 9 games.

BUT.... you have to be encouraged with the WAY we are playing... with speed and pushing the puck forward.

Our defensive will be exposed in our zone, especially during the cycles.

The most disappointing player imo have been our veteran Dman along with Scherback and McCarron.

What IS encouraging is our depth of forwards a lot which have potential and FINALLY some depth in the organization.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I just read the first page after the game.... lol.. what a bunch of drama queens we have!
It's one game.... in pre-season.

Is this team going to make the playoffs.... probably not.
Would I want #15 here all year... no ..let him dominate in the AHL after 9 games.

BUT.... you have to be encouraged with the WAY we are playing... with speed and pushing the puck forward.

Our defensive will be exposed in our zone, especially during the cycles.

The most disappointing player imo have been our veteran Dman along with Scherback and McCarron.

What IS encouraging is our depth of forwards a lot which have potential and FINALLY some depth in the organization.
Do we realise that the depth we have is mostly the result of ufa this summer and trades. Our last 5 years draft gave us Mete, Kotka, Juulssen, Poehling and Hudon.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Living in the past. Sentences like this makes discussions very difficult. It was maybe 200% wrong but they are gone.

It's not at all living in the past. This post was a response to why we're a frustrated fan base. The reason we're frustrated is because we have a GM that killed the talent level, and other positive aspects, of this team.

I appreciate Domi. That doesn't mean I'm happy we gave up Galchenyuk to get him. The fact that I believe we're the s--t team we are today because we gave up on Subban, Radulov, Galchenyuk and debatably Markov, among others, has nothing to do with my not being able to appreciate Domi.

Try to follow the full discussion and context when you post.

Last edited by a moderator:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Do we realise that the depth we have is mostly the result of ufa this summer and trades. Our last 5 years draft gave us Mete, Kotka, Juulssen, Poehling and Hudon.

Don't forget Sergachev, Galchenyuk, and Lehkonen. That's a lot of good players, especially when you consider there may be a lot more to come from the last 2 drafts. Our scouting department is bringing in a lot of good players. Our GMs keep trading them away in losing trades (hopefully Sergachev for Domi and Pacioretty for Suzuki and Tatar) will be the exceptions. So far, the only good trades/moves Bergevin has made are: Danault, Petry, Byron, D-lo, and Niemi. Signing Radulov could have been a game changer for his body of work. But he managed to botch that too.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It's not at all living in the past. This post was a response to why we're a frustrated fan base. The reason we're frustrated is because we have a GM that killed the talent level, and other positive aspects, of this team.

I appreciate Domi. That doesn't mean I'm happy we gave up Galchenyuk to get him. The fact that I believe we're the s--t team we are today because we gave up on Subban, Radulov, Galchenyuk and debatably Markov, among others, has nothing to do with my not being able to appreciate Domi.

Try to follow the full discussion and context when you post.
Sorry if I didn't read the previous posts and quoted out of context. If our GM killed some talent level and did bad trades, he was lucky with his most recent draft that bring us Kotkaniemi and some others interresting prospects. It can be a similar situation when Bruins had a little slump 2 years ago and got better with fresh new players from the draft. Everyone here will agree Bergevin had a really really bad year last year. It was a total disaster but suddendly it's like the sun is coming back and we can hope we'll have a much better team in years to come.

Reactions: 26Mats

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Well, that was a bad effort. On the plus side, Suzuki had a natural hat trick. Kotka and Suzuki has the potential to be a formidable 1-2 punch

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad