OT: Guys I'm done.... not being dramatic.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I became a Bruins fan around 1994, so I walked full on into a wall of disappointment for pretty close to my first 15 years of being a fan.

I am pretty adamant that true fans never quit on their team when times get rough. There are Bruins fans (and every team has these fans) that will walk out mid-game if they go down by more than a couple goals. It’s idiotic, petty, and actually ignorant of the very concept of sport. While I am up on my pedestal, I will even call it pure emotional weakness.

That being said...if I was a Sens fan right now, I may consider taking the first couple months of the season off.
I get this perspective. I've gone the other way where I feel like I have to rally around the team and pony up more in order to help prevent our fanbase from looking like a joke. Nobody likes what's happening here, but your team is your team, you know?

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I became a Bruins fan around 1994, so I walked full on into a wall of disappointment for pretty close to my first 15 years of being a fan.

I am pretty adamant that true fans never quit on their team when times get rough. There are Bruins fans (and every team has these fans) that will walk out mid-game if they go down by more than a couple goals. It’s idiotic, petty, and actually ignorant of the very concept of sport. While I am up on my pedestal, I will even call it pure emotional weakness.

That being said...if I was a Sens fan right now, I may consider taking the first couple months of the season off.

Don't think you would, you know it.

You would never quit as what you said. Angry? Sure. Quit like @L'Aveuglette yet still post here after stating you are quitting?

"Probably not" - Daniel Alfredsson

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I get this perspective. I've gone the other way where I feel like I have to rally around the team and pony up more in order to help prevent our fanbase from looking like a joke. Nobody likes what's happening here, but your team is your team, you know?

"...and pony up more in order to help prevent our fanbase from looking like a joke..."

If you are now, or ever was dating, did you have to break up with yourself first before going on a date?

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Being on Vancouver Island, it’s hard enough to watch sens games let alone go to one. I did manage one last year in Ottawa against the leafs! We won 6-3 as I recall. My voice was so hoarse from yelling from the nose bleeds I could not speak for a couple of days. Buses were packed with dejected leaf fans as I returned to my hotel downtown. Best bus ride of my life!!.... I Got myself a shiny new Karlsson Jersey and a couple of shirts for the kids. Ordered a hoodie last winter too. Shipping isn’t that bad to Victoria. I usually sign up for game centre live but this year my expenditures will end at my new #melnykout cap.

I’ll follow the team, but with great disinterest until I see a management group that wants to invest into pride, success and a legacy of achievement. Thus far, I’m too disappointed in watching all my favourite stars get sold off for spare parts to contenders because management/Melnyk won’t pay them. It’s Seahawks football this winter for me!

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Well, one of those things is right.
Nah they both right. Sens always find a way to get back into the playoffs. After Hossa trade, after Heatley trade, after Spezza trade after Alfie left. Heck the sens haven't missed the playoffs in back to back seasons in over 16 years. They will be fine. Ppl need to calm down.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
We survived the Thornton trade and the Seguin one. Give it some time guys. You'll get there quicker than you think.

I appreciate the positivity. But given the current state of the team AND the fact that any reasonable person has ZERO faith in the ability of Melnyck + Dorion to re-build a team , the "quicker than you think" part of your post is probably wrong. Sadly.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Nah they both right. Sens always find a way to get back into the playoffs. After Hossa trade, after Heatley trade, after Spezza trade after a Alfie trade. Heck the sens haven't missed the playoffs in back to back seasons in over 16 years. They will be fine. Ppl need to calm down.

All joking aside, if Andy and Condon somehow play miraculously, and our scrappy forwards play that two-way intense forechecking "hard to play aganist" style that will supposedly keep us competitive, we still have that AHL defence to contend with.

Reactions: BondraTime

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
All joking aside, if Andy and Condon somehow play miraculously, and our scrappy forwards play that two-way intense forechecking "hard to play aganist" style, we still have that AHL defence to contend with.
I've said it all along, never count out the sens. Our weakest spot is defence but we will be a fringe playoff team. Alot of our players are on the final year of their contracts, Andy in rebound year.. Gotta. Beleive.

Charliebox

Aug 5, 2009
I am with you BK.

At this point, I am actually cheering for the team to fail miserably.

I hope they trade Stone and Duchene for similar crappy returns.

I hope they come dead last and 'win' the lottery, only for Colorado to get the 1st overall.

I want everything bad that can happen to this team to happen.

There are still way too many loyal-to-a-fault types of people who are willing to give thier money to Melnyk.

Every self-inflicted wound will cause more and more people to stop giving him money.

Going to the conference finals two years ago was the worst thing that could have happened to rhe long-term health of the franchise. Melnyk got alot of cash from those extra home dates.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The true problematic fans are the ones who are aware of the systematic issues with this team but choose to ignore it and financially support the team anyways, helping to ensure that we're stuck in this weird situation with a toxic owner.
Precisely.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I've said it all along, never count out the sens. Our weakest spot is defence but we will be a fringe playoff team. Alot of our players are on the final year of their contracts, Andy in rebound year.. Gotta. Beleive.
Here's hoping, but that would involve a lot of best case scenario's

Reactions: SensFactor

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am very disappointed , even though my hope meter has been way down there for months. I have never been a fan of Dorion as the GM. He is a bumbling fool if you ask me. Melnyk is petty , miserable, miserly poor excuse for a human being. But I will cheer for the Sens to turn this tire fire around. I really like a lot of the prospects we have although none are really sure fire high end guys. I want those kids to succeed and I want to watch them do well. We will lose more than we win for a couple of years but I will cheer for progress in the young players. I want Boucher to embrace helping these kids develop. I don't want to see the kids be brow beat for making mental errors by Crawford as we saw with Chabot. The Kids have to keep their confidence up ,, they will need lots of encouragement. I will remain a fan of the players and the team from the bench out. Above that .. I haven't been able to stand those guys much anyway.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I am very disappointed , even though my hope meter has been way down there for months. I have never been a fan of Dorion as the GM. He is a bumbling fool if you ask me. Melnyk is petty , miserable, miserly poor excuse for a human being. But I will cheer for the Sens to turn this tire fire around. I really like a lot of the prospects we have although none are really sure fire high end guys. I want those kids to succeed and I want to watch them do well. We will lose more than we win for a couple of years but I will cheer for progress in the young players. I want Boucher to embrace helping these kids develop. I don't want to see the kids be brow beat for making mental errors by Crawford as we saw with Chabot. The Kids have to keep their confidence up ,, they will need lots of encouragement. I will remain a fan of the players and the team from the bench out. Above that .. I haven't been able to stand those guys much anyway.
Well said. Melnyk is a curse on this fine team and city. I'll support the young guns coming and need Sens to do well so that Stone and Duchene see a reason to stay and lead.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well, one of those things is right.

Actually if you compare the Sens roster this year with Las Vegas at the start of last year many hockey people would pick the Sens. No one expected William Karlsson and Marchessault to play the way they did. Heck who predicted Dzingel to score 23 goals last year?
The Sens have a lot of young talent and some could break out to be great players.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Actually if you compare the Sens roster this year with Las Vegas at the start of last year many hockey people would pick the Sens. No one expected William Karlsson and Marchessault to play the way they did. Heck who predicted Dzingel to score 23 goals last year?

Ugh, the fact that Las Vegas went on that run is the worst thing to happen for this organization.

Reactions: BondraTime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Sens have a lot of young talent and some could break out to be great players.
I don't think any informed individual would pick Ottawa's current roster over any team in the past 5-10 years. As it stands, it has among the worst starting rosters in the modern NHL.

It has the worst D in over a decade, for sure. The worst goaltending duo back again a year older, and a bottom 5 forward core.

Reactions: NyQuil

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I am with you BK.

At this point, I am actually cheering for the team to fail miserably.

I hope they trade Stone and Duchene for similar crappy returns.

I hope they come dead last and 'win' the lottery, only for Colorado to get the 1st overall.

I want everything bad that can happen to this team to happen.

There are still way too many loyal-to-a-fault types of people who are willing to give thier money to Melnyk.

Every self-inflicted wound will cause more and more people to stop giving him money.

Going to the conference finals two years ago was the worst thing that could have happened to rhe long-term health of the franchise. Melnyk got alot of cash from those extra home dates.

I enjoyed that playoff run. It was Karlsson's defining moment. His coming out party. Something that I and my kids will never forget.

My sentiment is much like Senschirp. He has decided to separate the owner from the players. Being loyal to a fault is to the players who pull the sweaters on and play for us. I am not cheering for the suits.

Life is short and if hockey stresses people out then it isn't worth it. Good luck in your future endeavors and hopefully your new team that you cheer for works for you.

I am sticking with the Sens, warts and all.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
'we want to get fast and young'

Proceed to trade our two fastest players in their prime in Karl and Hoff for a bag of pucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad