OT: Guys I'm done.... not being dramatic.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
From all reports including comments by players the Sens dressing room last year was a sideshow. It may hurt you to hear this but I don't think Karlsson was a great " captain". I think having him and Hoffman gone will actually bring the room much closer together.

How many wins a season is "having a close room" worth do you think?

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
From all reports including comments by players the Sens dressing room last year was a sideshow. It may hurt you to hear this but I don't think Karlsson was a great " captain". I think having him and Hoffman gone will actually bring the room much closer together.
Initial response deleted by me! (it was a positive response) :)

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

If you think the loss of hope due to our lunatic owner is felt only in the fanbase, you're delusional.

The boys will put on a brave face in front of the camera, but as the losses pile up and the firesale continues (Stone, Duchene and Dzingle all gone by TDL) the locker room has potential to be a disaster that makes last season look like a picnic.

Do you think the press is going to forget to ask the UFA's about their status?
They are just waiting for the Karlsson furor to subside before they turn up the heat again as vultures (GM's, reporters, and fanbases) start circling the carcass to pick the bones dry.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Thank you.
I am 100% respectful of both the people who choose to support the team and of those whose support will diminish. I have friends in both camps.

I'm not out to punish Melnyk nor do I hope the team fails. I do wish , however, that I had greater confidence in the owner and GM to make decisions with money less of a factor.

The marketing has become somewhat farcical. The Boro/Melnyk video is a genuine head-shaker and I laughed spontaneously when I watched it. Saturday Night Live would have been proud. My reaction was "Please, just stop".

You call the team "rudderless". Seems that way. Both you and I hope they now have the correct rudder. At least it will be an interesting rudder. I especially like Tkachuk and acknowledge that we bypassed some great talent to choose him. The cost of the new direction is a tough pill to swallow and I expect to see further losses of good players.

In truth I don't know what I'd have done with EK. Signing him to $12.0 million over eight years, somewhat lockout protected, goes against my nature. But how do you let such a talent slip through your hands? If such a contract is the cost of running a pro sports team then we may be close to an unsustainable place for more than just Melnyk (but that is a different topic).

I look forward to watching it all unfold.

Haha yes, interesting rudder indeed.

Karlsson was something, and he loved us and the city.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

This year won't be any better. In a few weeks, people will have moved on from the Karlsson debacle, but guess what? Duchene and Stone are still unsigned.

They'll get the same questions that Karlsson would have gotten, and if losses start to pile up, the rumors will only get louder. The second either of them say something, even something as innocent as Karlsson did last season with the "I'll get what I'm worth", they'll reach a fever pitch. Sound familiar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad