Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Do 6 man rotations ever work, because every time I've seen this as an option it never sticks for long.

I think a lot of orgs are considering it so we’ll find out I suppose. Really depends on how they fare with extra rest and if you have the depth to make it worthwhile.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I feel like it's foolish to peel away from our bullpen strength to create a 6 man bullpen. If you really want to, isn't Chase Anderson coming back mid-season?

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Dolis and Gaviglio still make me nervous, but another good pitching performance for the team as a whole.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know it's drastically disproportional to suspensions for that sort of thing usually but if they continue to hand out these types of suspensions I'm all for it. You shouldn't be throwing at guys and you definitely shouldn't be throwing at guys heads... TWICE. It's obviously going to look like the league is protecting the 'Stros and perhaps they are but that shouldn't be anywhere near the game of baseball and I'm not sorry for Joe Kelly at all. Throw the book at him and anyone else who does it.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I don't mind this Blue Jays team. I think they can actually compete this year. 6 games played and in all 6 games could be 5-1 really.

The rotation looks good. The offence has the potential to score lots of runs when healthy. The bullpen needs to get sorted out but they have some nice arms down there like Romano, Bass, Cole, Font who can all get outs plus they have some long guys like Kay, Boroucki and Hatch to eat up innings.

I think they can compete for 3rd in the division and a wild card spot. I have way more optimism for this team this year than the last few years.

Get a better manager and things could take off for this team.

I don't mind watching the games this year.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I don't mind this Blue Jays team. I think they can actually compete this year. 6 games played and in all 6 games could be 5-1 really.

The rotation looks good. The offence has the potential to score lots of runs when healthy. The bullpen needs to get sorted out but they have some nice arms down there like Romano, Bass, Cole, Font who can all get outs plus they have some long guys like Kay, Boroucki and Hatch to eat up innings.

I think they can compete for 3rd in the division and a wild card spot. I have way more optimism for this team this year than the last few years.

Get a better manager and things could take off for this team.

I don't mind watching the games this year.

Pitching looks good, but they gotta hit the damn ball.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I would not give up on Yamaguchi yet. He's been twice fired into the extra inning nightmare of pitching from the stretch with a man on second and no outs. Maybe some lower leverage stuff to get him a bit of confidence.

There is promise here. I've watched all 6 and overall I am pleased with the quality of baseball being played.

Reactions: Haringoth

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

"He was the only one we had left"

"We mapped it out just like that"

I know if we can score a single run in 9 innings it doesn't matter, but with an 11 man pen when you use only 3 of them yesterday you shouldn't be mapping out a situation on purpose where if it goes to extras you only have 1 guy left. That's a terrible plan.

Reactions: dubplatepressure

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

I know if we can score a single run in 9 innings it doesn't matter, but with an 11 man pen when you use only 3 of them yesterday you shouldn't be mapping out a situation on purpose where if it goes to extras you only have 1 guy left. That's a terrible plan.

Manager also has to plan if one of the pitchers falters.

Reactions: kb and rubous

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
if you think Joe Kelly shouldnt of been suspended for throwing at someones head then you're a moron or never played baseball in your life. Add to it that Joe Kelly was on the Red Sox team that used Apple Watches to cheat .. Joe Kelly is a p***y and he doesn't ever have to bat so he hides behind his catcher after talking shit. Hes a puke of a human.

Ohh nooo a team cheated in a sport. Toronto used white shirts.. Boston used Apple Watches.. New Yorks unopened letter is so bad it cant be opened. St.Louis was hacking scouting systems. if you think every team in the MLB isnt cheating you're naive. Do you also think your fav hitter from yesteryear wasnt roiding? Shut up about this holier than thou horseshit. But to think it's okay to throw a 90+ MPH ball at someones head? you're officially clown status.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Yikes. Yamaguchi has cost us 2 of our 3 losses.

But Espinal's gotta get that bunt down, Fisher has to take second base before Teoscar grounds into that inning-ending double play, and I feel Biggio could've made a better play on that dive to get the out at 2B. Ugh!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Montoyo throws Yamaguchi under the bus. Doesn't say a word about Gaviglio. lol.

This guy is a terrible manager just based on his bullpen management alone. Let alone he doesn't have a great "feel" for the game in terms of when to do certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad