Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Might have been a bad call bringing Pearson up, yes he was great - but who knows if this season will even finish, if I had to bet I would say no. Could have hung on to an extra year.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Might have been a bad call bringing Pearson up, yes he was great - but who knows if this season will even finish, if I had to bet I would say no. Could have hung on to an extra year.

I believe they already have hung onto the extra year.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Just spitballing here, but I wonder if the break up the Rays/Orioles series that was supposed to happen this weekend and send us to Baltimore and the Rays to DC for a weekend set. Tampa was supposed to be headed to Baltimore so it’s not a huge detour to send them to DC instead.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So 2 teams other teams are off this week because of the Malins Phillies debacle but they can't play each other like the O's, and Yankees did because we just played each other and don't play again.

I suggest we break up the Rays/Orioles series this week. We play the O's, and the Nats play the Rays. They can figure lout the rest later on. I'm sure it's probably workable. Giving 2 entire uninvolved teams an entire weekend off and figure you'll make it up later seems crazy

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
So 2 teams other teams are off this week because of the Malins Phillies debacle but they can't play each other like the O's, and Yankees did because we just played each other and don't play again.

I suggest we break up the Rays/Orioles series this week. We play the O's, and the Nats play the Rays. They can figure lout the rest later on. I'm sure it's probably workable. Giving 2 entire uninvolved teams an entire weekend off and figure you'll make it up later seems crazy

They need to figure something out IMO. Having two teams not play this weekend is kind of dumb.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Perfect storm. Team can’t play in Philly, can’t move the series to Toronto, and Buffalo isn’t ready yet. LMAO.

What a clusterf--k. All because a team was allowed to hold a vote via text as to whether or not to play while awaiting test results.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What a clusterf--k. All because a team was allowed to hold a vote via text as to whether or not to play while awaiting test results.

inb4 Manfred says "we're cancelling the rest of the Blue Jays season."

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
I believe they already have hung onto the extra year.

Not really, if they waited 20 or so days in to next season to call him up, we'd have an extra year of service time.

With this season in jeopardy, could be a waste.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not really, if they waited 20 or so days in to next season to call him up, we'd have an extra year of service time.

With this season in jeopardy, could be a waste.
If they actually cancel this season not even a month in, I bet they wipe everything. All stats, all service time accrued in the games played, etc.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
If they actually cancel this season not even a month in, I bet they wipe everything. All stats, all service time accrued in the games played, etc.
MLBPA lawyers would have a hey day with this.
I think it all counts now. If it ends, it ends. That’s a season.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

No way the PA allows that.

Honestly whatever happens now it's fine. They got the extra season from holding him back for the 5 days to start this season. So if things get cancelled them for 2021 we start things no worse off than if we assume Pearson makes the team out of camp next spring (which he absolutely should regardless of service shenanigans that might've been in play)

Nate says the 5 days didn't bother him, but chances are it bothered some in his camp. If they had tried to hold him back for this whole season and also the next one at the start it probably risks significantly poisoning things.

We can "if" and "but scenarios for this season getting wiped out but honestly whatever unfolds now is fine.

Reactions: Cloned and kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad