Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Is Charlie alright? Maybe wearing a face covering is depleting his brain of some oxygen. That's a brutal decision to bat Cavan 8th. I don't give a f*** that Yarbrough is a lefty.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If they Jays are in it, then they should look at adding.

I doubt any top prospects are moved or needed to be moved. Look at the last 3 deadlines, barely any top rospects moved. Deadline is August 31st and the season ends in a month at that time. So you are trading for 1 month of service and for a starter that is 6-7 starts, max. Plus you cant trade players that arent in your 60 man pool. So that limits it even further.

There might be more buyers but there is a limit of what teams can asked for with a month left and the restriction on players being traded. Jays have an advantage as most of their 60 man player pool is very young.

I expect Cherington in Pittsburgh will have interest in his former team's players. Wonder if they have something we could use. Musgrove would have been nice if he were healthy.
i didn’t know you can’t trade outside of the 60 players. That’s certainly a twist

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Cavan Biggio's slashline against Ryan Yarbarough: 13 PA, .417/.462/.667, 1.128 OPS

Danny Jansen slashline against Ryan Yarbarough : 7 PA .000/.143/.000, .143 OPS

Lourdes Gurriel slashline agains Ryan Yarabrough: 7 PA .000/.000/.000 .000 O
Lol Charlie doing his best Charlie

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Is Charlie alright? Maybe wearing a face covering is depleting his brain of some oxygen. That's a brutal decision to bat Cavan 8th. I don't give a f*** that Yarbrough is a lefty.

I checked a few times to make sure it wasn't a joke. He's batting below Shaw and Brandon f***ing Drury! I would have kept the same lineup as yesterday in the second game except Espinal in for Panik.

Gurriel batting leadoff is stupid because he's a free swinger that has been struggling.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Montoyo sucks and is actively holding this team back from doing things even this year.

Reactions: Morgs

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I would be careful extrapolating underlying performance from babip without context. It may not necessarily be the case that he's been hitting the ball well but it's just happened to be at fielders.

Jansen's hard hit rates and average exit velocity are the lowest on our team out of qualifiers (85.9 mph and 32.4%). Both those marks would also place him below league average in both categories this year.

At least last year you could make the argument that he was around or above league average in exit velo and hard hit rates in addition to his babip numbers. This year, not so much.

Ok, sure, let's fold quality of contact until the equation:

.282 wOBA
.362 xwOBA

He's been very good and very unlucky so far this year.

He's probably always going to have solid walk and K rates, so even just decent results on batted balls will make him an above average hitter.

Reactions: Morgs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad