Confirmed with Link: Guy Carbonneau elected to HHOF

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
By far the best player in history for blocking shots. His technique was perfect. I am 44 years old and I have seen Carbo's prime and no one today is as good as him for blocking shots,,,no one

It's nice when they acknowledge players that were elite defensively.

Reactions: Fixxer

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Congrats to Guy Carbonneau!! Very well deserved honour. He was probably the finest shut-down center and penalty killer of his era. He seemed to come up with clutch goals also, which I think people don't always consider when they think of him. One of the greats for sure!!

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
And a major factor in these 3 Cups, not just a passenger. He even went in the SCF another time against Calgary in 89.

Personally, when he was traded, I felt like the last light in this franchise was snuffed out, forever so far.

Even more than Roy, who was always a bit flakey, Carbo was a heart and soul Hab. Trading him was a weak move. As you said, there hasn’t been one since.

I know his coaching gig was a bust, but it was too much too soon. He is a very thoughtful and intelligent guy and should be working for the team in some capacity.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I really thought he would be a great head coach but that didnt really worked out. I played a game vs the oldtimers a few years ago and I asked Mathieu Dandenault who was his worst coach ever. He said without hesitation Guy Carbonneau. He wasnt able to communicate with his players.

On the ice Carbonneau was a true leader and a great 2 way player. He was also someone who was always in your face and arrogant. I didn't expect it but i'm happy for Carbo.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
congrats to Carbo.
Loved his game, 200 foot player that was also tuff enough to play on the right side of the edge. A proud player with bags of integrity.
There have been 150 Habs players since Carbo left that couldn’t carry his jock strap.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The Hall of very good. Loved carbs as a player, he does not belong.

I still hate the Lindros induction. The guy refuses to play for a team he was drafted by, that alone should get him blackballed. I also agree Carbs isn't really a HOF, they are really lowering the standards. I mean should Tikkanen be there? If people say yes, then you'll agree Guy should be there.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Like Carbo but Bergeron is way better offensively than him. Bergeron will have more than 1000 points and might be the all time best two-way forward of all time.
And Carbonneau was much better defensively and he was asked to play a different game once he made the NHL. This is a guy that had seasons of 141 and 182 points in the Q and 88 and 94 in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad