Confirmed with Link: Guy Carbonneau elected to HHOF

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Nobody saw this coming.

His stellar work VS top flight players, including Gretzky in the 93 playoffs, are a big reason.

Almost 700 points for a defensive player, also.

Anecdotal, but he seemed to score big goals.

I remember once in the waning moments of a series victory against the Nords, Peter Stastny took a gratuitous shot at him. His frustration boiled over. Carbo just laughed in his face.

One of my recollections old him was in the midst of the 1993 celebration, he quietly mentioned that the team had lost Claude Mouton that year, and they were missing him. It wasn’t PR, it was sincere and impromptu.

Trading him was the watershed moment where brand started to trump hockey.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
He was VERY clutch, on both ends of the ice.

Gainey's rightful heir. We've had Plekanec and Danault playing good 2-way hockey since but Gainey & Carbo were the best at their style of hockey.

Reactions: Kimota

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
On travaille pô.
Tu peux pô gagner si tu travailles pô.

Well done Carbo we love you.

It must have been hell for this guy being a coach because of the very last thing he says in this video: He couldn't jump on the ice and lead by exemple. He could motherf*** the guys until their ears bled, but ultimately he was powerless.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Carbonneau changed hockey forever. I agree that his offensive stats aren't up there with other players that aren't in but his contributions to the sport make this a justifiable decision IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad