Confirmed with Link: Guy Carbonneau elected to HHOF

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud

Amazing to think that a future hall of famer was traded for such a harmless picture.
9e4d3d4d-4fd0-49c5-bdb8-febf60119a31_ORIGINAL.jpg

Not Serge Savard most glorious moment...

Jul 6, 2016
Amazing to think that a future hall of famer was traded for such a harmless picture.

It was typical Ronald Corey (Mr.Clean) reaction.... Not really Savard who was rushed to trade him and got Montgomery (ouch !!!!)

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He was a far superior player to many players who were already in the HHOF
I disagree, there might be a name or two, but comparing to the worst doesn't really make him.any more deserving. Its not The Hall of the Very Good. He wasn't good enough. Its getting more and more watered down every year. Its ridiculous.

Jul 6, 2016
I disagree, there might be a name or two, but comparing to the worst doesn't really make him.any more deserving. Its not The Hall of the Very Good. He wasn't good enough. Its getting more and more watered down every year. Its ridiculous.

Man, you are sooooo wrong.

Reactions: Kimota

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

The problem is that it has been the "Hall of the Very Good" for a very long time.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

But he was great, though. Great players like Mario, Wayne, etc... are saying as much.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
ITT : People don't know what FAME means. It's not Hall of PP goals, or the Hall of cute dekes, or the Hall of regular season points total... it's the Hall of fame.

How do you acquire fame? By drinking champagne from the cup after destroying your body, helping your team to win. Carbo was a leader with a unique skillset who took his teams to the top. Enough said.

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016

On another note, it allowed him to eventually get to Dallas through another trade, be a leader and win another cup!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
But he was great, though. Great players like Mario, Wayne, etc... are saying as much.
I don't want to debate this anymore. You're not going to change my opinion and I'm not going to change yours. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad