Post-Game Talk: Gutsy loss against dirty team Habs lose 3-2

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yea. I would like to see Suzuki play at center. And Domi may end up playing with more plugs. Tomorrow might end up seeing:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Cousins - Domi - Weal
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Armia
Hudon - Thompson - Peca

And I agree Poehling needs more time in the AHL. But I think they may still make that call up.

Count the # of players who could clear waivers. It's not pretty :laugh:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
No winger depth. No center depth. One of the worst LD lineups. Incapable of finding a no.2 goaltender.

Thank god we're in such good hands.

But they try hard. They make multiple mistakes during half the plays. And only one or two guys shows any skill. But at least they skate hard.
When people ask me why we should fire Bergevin , i ask them

Is the team better 8 years ago when Bergevin joined?

No it's wors. Imagine after 8 years you can't put up a better lineup that we had before.
No elite talent , just aging players and 30 year olds incoming ufas.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
giphy.gif

Live look at Bergevin knowing full well that he has the injury excuse in his steroid taking ass. Not like he was going to get fired anyways.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Injuries starting to pile up. MB might need to visit the old scrap heap soon looking for some help.

Wait a minute -- what heap are Hudon, Weal, Reilly, Olofsson and Peca from? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Edgy

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
You know your team sucks when you talk about positives in a loss

Personally I see no positive in this loss.
Effort and work ethic were never our problem this season. This is just another loss like many others.

Lack of finish makes this team tough to appreciate even with a valiant effort each game. It's like watching a game in which the 4th line plays 60 minutes.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think they rank just about the same place league wise, which is around where the LDs rank.
Idk about that. No 1C but Danault has been good this year and Suzuki has been a bright spot, Domi has been inconsistent but is still a top 6 player. Needs work for sure but our LD is a disgrace. Maybe one top 4 dman if you count Chiarot, a bottom pairing dman and AHLers.

Reactions: gillyguzzler

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Out of all the prospects that should be rushed(no prospect should be rushed mind you) Romanov makes the most sense. Inconsistent ice time in the KHL. Might as well have that ice time here in the NHL or better ice time in Laval.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Julien thought the hit on KK was dirty. Didn't think it was a typical slewfoot but thought he used his leg to flip him.

Just saw that. Of course, a coach is always going to preach for his players but in this particular instance, he has a point -- Zadorov's right leg went up, causing a flip that had KK land on his head. There is a player safety issue but will the NHL do anything? Doubt it.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Rags jumped the Habs and Leafs in the standings tonight and have games in hand on both. If Tampa can finally start winning they'll jump both as well wit hall their games in hand.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Im so tired to have small teams , it's not working.

For me it's the lack of skill.

But one could argue, the Drouin, Byron, Mete, and KK injuries all occurred because those players are undersized/underweight as they got the worst of their collisions with bigger players when they were injured.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Better result than I thought it would be. Primeau did alright. Was worried he'd get flambeed.

Those crosschecks in front of the net were brutal, especially the ones on Gallagher and Armia. WTH refs? Should've been penalties. If that was one of our players doing that we'd be sitting for 2 or less minutes. That was just bullshit.

Would've liked to see some kind of retaliation for the Zadorov hit too. Shoulder to chest was fine, but the right leg coming up was not.

Used to be a hit like that and Zadorov would find himself with a mouthful of wood. Hoping KK is alright. He's having a tough sophomore season.

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad